Maintence required light came on

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2005, 10:59 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Maintence required light came on

is there something wrong with my car of does it just come on when the speedo passes a certain milage? i am at work so i can't look at my owner's manual. thanks for the help.
Old 06-24-2005, 11:15 AM
Registered Abuser

Call some dealerships and ask them...wish I had more info for you..
Old 06-24-2005, 11:28 AM
Burning Brakes

It comes on at different mileages
From what I recall, to reset it, Hold down the two trip meter buttons, turn the ignition to on and wait until the light goes out.
Just make sure it's the Maintenance light and not a check engine light.
Old 06-24-2005, 11:31 AM
Race Director

Received 275 Likes on 159 Posts
yeah, it could be a problem!

here is another idea that might work, you know that booklet you have with Acura TL on it, its called a MaNuAl, try reading it.

hint: (start,reset+select)

I remember when I got my car, I read that manual from cover to cover, to avoid asking such questions above.
Old 06-24-2005, 12:08 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by TeknoKing
yeah, it could be a problem!

here is another idea that might work, you know that booklet you have with Acura TL on it, its called a MaNuAl, try reading it.

hint: (start,reset+select)

I remember when I got my car, I read that manual from cover to cover, to avoid asking such questions above.

umm if you actually read my message i said i was at work and didn't have my owner's manual in my back pocket. must have fell out. love the helpful and nice ppl on this board.
Old 06-24-2005, 12:43 PM
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by NICKTL
umm if you actually read my message i said i was at work and didn't have my owner's manual in my back pocket. must have fell out. love the helpful and nice ppl on this board.
press and hold select+reset, then switch car to then i believe you have to start the car or just turn it to II position... keep holding until it disappears.

it usually just reminds you of service and of course the dealer half the time forgets to reset it so it comes on prematurely.
Old 06-24-2005, 01:07 PM
I need 2 more gears

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
there is nothing wrong with your car. Mine actually just came on and I have to reset it, it's very easy to do. MR light is just there to remind you that a scheduled service is due. Check owners manual to see what service shoudl be expected. And TechnoKing don't waste your time bashing people. What was the point of that post, to be a prick. Go on to a different forum and be prick. NO PRICKS ALLOWED HERE!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-24-2005, 06:08 PM
Race Director

lol, thanx man, especially little pricks like yourself :noob:

When you enter the forum, it clearly states SEARCH before you post.

I wasnt trying to be a prick at all, I just said that I read the manual when I just got the car, because I was very curious to know everything I can about it.

And if you do a seach on my posts, I always help such threads at this, I guess frustration got the better of me.

Mr.Prick is signing off till later, lol..peace
Old 06-24-2005, 06:29 PM
Racer

is there something wrong with my car of does it just come on when the speedo passes a certain milage? i am at work so i can't look at my owner's manual. thanks for the help.
You should have seen the Maint. Light blinks when you first started your car. This will keep on blinking for about 10 sec and then it will stop. Once it reaches the mileage set for maint., the maint. light will be lit and won't disappear until you reset it. If the maint. light just appeared all of a sudden, then this is not normal.
Old 06-24-2005, 08:38 PM
blACk AC in sAC

Talking

did u mean odometer? you scared me, i thought you meant that it turned on when your speedometer passed a certain mph! i was gonna say, there was DEFINITELY something wrong with it and have it checked ASAP! there's nothin' wrong with your TL, bro. and btw, tek, usually i'm tha 1st to post but that was kinda messed up since he specifically explained that he was at work and couldnt check his manual at the time. anyway, let's all get along
Old 06-24-2005, 11:16 PM
Race Director

profz, what do u mean if just goes on something is wrong?? never heard of that before, its just a light thats comes on I think every 7500 miles telling you bring it to the dealer so they can rip you off.

ELMafioso, Im innocent, I tell you, Im innocent.....I didnt read his full post about him being at work, so I cant take anything back. I assumed.....ASSumed, lol.
Old 06-24-2005, 11:26 PM
I need 2 more gears

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
lol, teknoking, i am not a noob. a year on the board and read thousands of posts. I know what i am talking about when I reply. If you took the time to read the original post you wouldn't have replied as you did. I was a little harsh so we're even. I agree with using the search to find answers to someone's questions. PS I may not have thousands of posts, but I've read thousands of threads I could have posted on. I usually don't do what I am doing now.
Old 06-24-2005, 11:28 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by TeknoKing
profz, what do u mean if just goes on something is wrong?? never heard of that before, its just a light thats comes on I think every 7500 miles telling you bring it to the dealer so they can rip you off.

ELMafioso, Im innocent, I tell you, Im innocent.....I didnt read his full post about him being at work, so I cant take anything back. I assumed.....ASSumed, lol.

I know that it goes on. But before it goes on, the Maint. Light will blink after you start your car. This is to warn you that the mileage maint is nearing. Once it reaches the mileage maint then the maint light will stay lit. I'm not really sure how many miles before the maint light start to blink. But it is a few hundred miles before that the target mileage. If NICKTL just happen to see the Maint Light lit without even the warning that I have mentioned then I think there's something wrong. I may be wrong you know because I just had my TL and I haven't reach my mileage maint yet. But I do have an 03 Odyssey that does this.