list of all LED control panel lights ( speedometer, AC, fog, etc) for 2003 acura TL

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2014, 12:50 AM
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
list of all LED control panel lights ( speedometer, AC, fog, etc) for 2003 acura TL

ive been searching for days and all i can find are outdated threads that seem to beat around the bush when coming to specific bulb sizes.

if anyone has this info please post them while being very specific. 140$ for the bulbs on sites that put together packages are not what im looking for. not to mention i have heard that sometimes even they mess up!

im looking for plug and play bulbs NO SODDERING. speedometer, ac controlls, fog switch, sunroof switch, cruise switch, odemeter, and if you can think of any others.
Old 04-28-2014, 12:50 AM
Advanced

Well I noticed Noone has commented on this but I have found a great retailer on eBay who has all the lights in 5 different colors for 70$ (66+shipping) for the 2nd Gen acura tl. Pretty good deal compared to other websites. If anyone is interested I can direct you to this guy. He can even mix and match the colors if you want.
Old 04-28-2014, 08:34 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts
When doing the gauge cluster with LEDs you will have hot spots and dim spots. You may need to do some custom work to get it to look even (as everyone else has in the past) Also you cant do different colors because of the green printed on the back of the gauge faces. Only way you can go a different color is to carefully take and remove the green. This is why most go custom and do soldering.
Old 04-28-2014, 10:09 AM
Advanced

Please correct me if I'm wrong but don't the film actually make it a blue tint anyway? I hear that if you even get the white led's for this job that it will have a blue tint. I do understand that with led's there may be hot spots but I already have a couple lights out and it can only look better from here. I've see photos and people who have done this job, and it looks pretty cool.
Old 04-28-2014, 10:14 AM
06 NBP 6MT TL

Received 58 Likes on 44 Posts
Originally Posted by RynoSmellsDyno
Please correct me if I'm wrong but don't the film actually make it a blue tint anyway? I hear that if you even get the white led's for this job that it will have a blue tint. I do understand that with led's there may be hot spots but I already have a couple lights out and it can only look better from here. I've see photos and people who have done this job, and it looks pretty cool.
No, the bulbs themselves are a yellowish, and combine with the green filter to spit out some repugnant green color.

Also, the pictures you saw were of gauge clusters, they probably involved custom LEDs, as plug and play LEDs in the cluster look awful. For the buttons and switches and stuff, check out www.superbrightleds.com and see if they have any LED replacements already in a 'twist-in' base
Old 04-28-2014, 10:45 AM
Advanced

your right, i did a little more research.

i would love to do what this guy did.
https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...&highlight=LED

he even tells you at the end exactly what leds he used. i have used leds before and tied them into their own power source but i would have no idea where to tie these into.

here is the link for the leds…
http://www.superbrightleds.com/morei...ent-light/639/

and is it actually that hard to take off the film? how is he lighting up the cluster without it even being attatched to the car? so many questions i know but i dont know why this is just mind F***ing me right now lol
Old 04-28-2014, 10:51 AM
06 NBP 6MT TL

Received 58 Likes on 44 Posts
your right, i did a little more research.
That is the key to Azine. Research and the Search button.
Old 04-28-2014, 11:36 AM
Advanced

what can i use to remove the film? only thing i found was some guy talking about a canadian product.
Old 04-28-2014, 02:34 PM
Senior Moderator

The link you posted was of mine. You can use any graffiti remover/paint remover. You can find it at any home depot, Lowes etc... You just have to be careful and TAKE YOUR TIME when removing the green.

How did i light it up off the car? I used a 12v battery, you could use one from a drill if you have one. You could also use a computer power supply (diys can be found all over the internet to make one), there are many ways.
Old 04-28-2014, 05:42 PM
Advanced

So when you have all the led's in place then where do u put the positive and negative when on the car? Did you buy a plug and play cluster to begin with and then add the other led's where necessary or did u just use only the led's.?
Old 04-28-2014, 05:44 PM
Advanced

OHH also I noticed you took the needles off... How did u do that cause I hear that if you pull the pin that the needle is attached to then the whole thing is ruined.
Old 04-29-2014, 10:12 AM
Senior Moderator

So when you have all the led's in place then where do u put the positive and negative when on the car? Did you buy a plug and play cluster to begin with and then add the other led's where necessary or did u just use only the led's.?
There is no such thing as a plug and play cluster. I attached the wires to the power (wires) for the lights in the cluster. I also put a toggle switch in between to be able to cut the power to the blue and red to be able to have both colors. I didnt use a single factory light spot. What you see is what i used. There is NO possible way to DIY where they go. Its all trial and error.
Old 04-29-2014, 10:13 AM
Senior Moderator

OHH also I noticed you took the needles off... How did u do that cause I hear that if you pull the pin that the needle is attached to then the whole thing is ruined.
Carefully. Its all i can say. I had 2 other clusters to work with incase i did (which i did) to attempt to pull the needles from the motor/pin
Old 04-29-2014, 12:40 PM
Advanced

okay, so…looking even further into this i came across whats called glow gauges or reverse glow gauges. this looks so much easier and looks quite nice in my opinion. i could do this and then just replace all other bulbs like the ac unit and fog and cruise. but the only thing that confuses me about this project is the wiring. how hard is this to do? or more importantly…is there a good step by step diy somewhere cause i cant find one.
Old 04-29-2014, 01:26 PM
Senior Moderator

okay, so…looking even further into this i came across whats called glow gauges or reverse glow gauges. this looks so much easier and looks quite nice in my opinion. i could do this and then just replace all other bulbs like the ac unit and fog and cruise. but the only thing that confuses me about this project is the wiring. how hard is this to do? or more importantly…is there a good step by step diy somewhere cause i cant find one.
Reverse glow gauges look like crap and there arent any decent looking ones for the TL. They all are cheap looking. Stick to the LEDs. As for wiring, its not hard. You will have 2 wires. Positive and Negative. Either tap into the back side of the drivers side fuse panel to the switched with lights plug or tap into the wiring going to the cluster for the power (or hardest, soldier the pos and neg to the circuit board of the cluster)
Old 05-05-2014, 12:07 PM
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just changed all of mine all the speed odometer are t5 it's like 8 of them the clock is a t4 the ac is t4 and t3. I was not able to do the cruise and sunroof and fog lights they are t3 but it does not light up well cause the Leds are tall and only have lights up. You can go on eBay and I got all of them for like 40 $