J35A4 SC with IC Not Running...

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2017, 06:12 PM
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
J35A4 SC with IC Not Running...

Hey Guys,

I NEED HELP!!

I'm almost to the end of the road on my 10 year build as it's basically nothing but head aches... Anyways, i have a 2003 Acura TL with a J35A4 Block with 05 Acura RL pistons for higher compression and swapped out the auto trans to a 2003 Acura CL 6 Speed manual trans using the stock auto harness.

When the CT Supercharger was installed everything seemed fine other then the car had a hard time to turn over. Always turns over on the 3rd or 4th crank for some reason... would like to solve this as well. Not sure if it's because the battery has been relocated to the back but had suggestions to try putting a smaller battery in the front to get the voltage direct... not sure. Thought it was a fuel problem as it's running rich but didn't make sense as once a while it kills my plugs so i didn't think it's a fuel problem, but still a problem lol. I'm not mechanic but just trying to problem solve this to my best of knowledge and with help of forums.

However, my main concern now is that ever since i installed the very rare Intercooler by Scalbert i can't seem to get it to start and when it does it dies out right away. I cant keep it stable. I'm trying to use the AEM FIC as it had worked on a previous member but for some reason i can not get it to respond or read. Not sure if it's because it's so out dated but i really don't want to spend any more money on this damm car lol but obviously i have no choice but to... is it the stock ecu causing it to time out as it's now being reading off the charts or because the AEM version 1 runs off Windows XP and everything isn't supported these days on windows.

Before i cough up the $$ for a AEM Series 2 is there any other suggestions out there that someone can please chime in and help me out? is it the immobilizer or something that is causing it to shut off? anything would help
Old 11-27-2017, 06:24 PM
Unregistered Member

Received 555 Likes on 445 Posts
Hmm, only if someone else with a 3.5L, 6 speed swap, CT SC, and Scalbert intercooler was on the boards to help you...

JK. The EMS 2 won't solve anything if you're not mechanically sound. The EMS 2 won't fix anything the stock ECU can't handle. If the problem started when you installed the Scalbert intercooler, then that's your problem. Might be a vacuum leak or something, idk without more info.
The following users liked this post:
teh CL (11-27-2017)
Old 11-27-2017, 06:45 PM
Instructor

Well had it fired up but as soon as we tried to rev it or move it, it shuts right out. can't seem to figure it out. killing alot of time having to replace the spark plugs once a while as it gets covered in fuel and in order to change them out gotta remove the SC and reinstall it...a friggen a big pain.
Old 11-27-2017, 06:49 PM
Instructor

any idea why it'll take 3-4 cranks for it to start? This happened right after the 6 speed swap.

Had the SC put in right after and seemed fine until the IC was installed. oh forgot it also came with a water/meth kit but hasn't been installed yet. one thing at a time and the AEM FIC won't respond or read whatsoever... wondering if it's because its so outdated? you think the CT SC ESM might be interfering with anything?