Interior color issues with '01... arrrg

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2000, 10:41 PM

Angry Interior color issues with '01... arrrg

My wife and I are about to buy a 2001 TL, but we're having a hard time with the colors, especially interior. We both like the silver, but we don't want a solid black interior (wouldn't parchment or not-an-option grey look good? We think so). We like the Laguana, but fern is a like a green-grey and again, I don't see why parchment isn't available. What is the marketing department thinking? One interior per color (yeah, yeah, except for red and taffeta, I know). What gives? Does anybody else find/found this crazy color scheming frustrating? We decided that we wanted this car in less time than we've spent debating over the colors.

------------------
Joel
Old 11-06-2000, 10:49 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a 2000 Laguna with the "fern" interior. I also didn't want a black interior.

Before the 2000, I had a 1999 green TL with a parchment interior.

I really liked the parchment and found the leather very soft. When I first got the fern interior, I wasn't sure about the car at all. However, after having the car for a year and regularly driving in my old 1999 (my business partner's car now), I really love the Laguna and the fern interior. I wouldn't go back to the parchment.

Sorry you are having a rough time with the lack of options. In my opinion the fern looks great. I don't think there is much green to it. It looks grey to me. (Maybe I'm color blind)

Good Luck.

PS We are getting a third TL this week - black exterior and black interior. My partner gets the black one, I keep the Laguna and an employee gets the 99 Green.
Old 11-06-2000, 11:16 PM
Drifting

I have a red/parchment, when I was buying the TL, I wanted a red/BLACK, but takes three month for special order, so... I like the black interior, but the parchment is really good. You should have a special order if you can wait for 3 months.

------------------
2000 Red Hot TL w/o nav
Burlwood Trim and Shift Knob
Wood Trim Set
Gutter Guard Grill
Photos Of My RED HOT TL
I DONT'T HAVE A LIFE
Old 11-06-2000, 11:18 PM
Drifting

special order takes three months, I was gonna order a red/black one, but three months..... screw that, so I got the red/parchment one. if you can wait, then go for it

------------------
2000 Red Hot TL w/o nav
Burlwood Trim and Shift Knob
Wood Trim Set
Gutter Guard Grill
Photos Of My RED HOT TL
I DONT'T HAVE A LIFE
Old 11-06-2000, 11:23 PM
Pro

Originally posted by joriki:
My wife and I are about to buy a 2001 TL, but we're having a hard time with the colors, especially interior. We both like the silver, but we don't want a solid black interior (wouldn't parchment or not-an-option grey look good? We think so). We like the Laguana, but fern is a like a green-grey and again, I don't see why parchment isn't available. What is the marketing department thinking? One interior per color (yeah, yeah, except for red and taffeta, I know). What gives? Does anybody else find/found this crazy color scheming frustrating? We decided that we wanted this car in less time than we've spent debating over the colors.

I was disappointed by that too , i prefer interior color rather than the exterior's , so from silver , i switched to nighthawk black pearl ... =)) with parchment leather

Old 11-07-2000, 01:00 PM
Racer

Smile

Joriki,

Yeah, it's a bummer that Acura doesn't have more color combinations. But that's just another way in which they keep the price of the TL so reasonable.

We were just like you, at least once my wife finally drove the TL. We knew we were going to buy one before the test drive was over. Our strategy was to find the dealer with the best price, and then look at the color choices that dealer had. But with nothing else to talk about, we spent a lot of time talking colors...

I would have loved a Parchment interior with Silver, too. And the Charcoal would be really nice with the dark blue...

The best combination (IMHO) is the Laguna/Fern, and I think it will wear well. But my wife wanted Black (and hated the Parchment... )

In any color, the TL is a great, great car. Good luck with your choice, and try not to sweat it too much!

------------------
David

Black-on-Black non-NAV 2000

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">[This message has been edited by black2000 on 11-07-2000 @ ]</font>

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">[This message has been edited by black2000 on 11-07-2000 @ ]</font>
Old 11-07-2000, 01:08 PM
Banned

Thumbs up

black2000:
The best combination (IMHO) is the Laguna/Fern, and I think it will wear well.
I must agree with you on that one.... but even though I had gotten a Laguna my other choice was the gorgeous White Diamond Pearl... two of the best colors!
Mine was the only Laguna in 8 Acura dealerships when I was buying my car, and the same dealership where I got my Laguna sold the WDP right before my eyes... my wife loved it but it wasn't available otherwise who knows...

P.S. Laguna hides the dirt better anyway...

------------------
Just my 2 cents...
Old 11-07-2000, 03:08 PM
Three Wheelin'

At least we dont have to worry about what packages to get and not to get.

BrightTL -
M5?? I would do anything for an M5, I'll even consider selling myself.

------------------
'00 White Diamond Perl
Wings West Spoiler
Rear Comptech Sway bar
Old 11-07-2000, 10:46 PM

Talking

No the best color combo would be WDP with ebony interior. Now that's sexy. Does the Laguna come with ebony? cause that's even sexier. If my dad comes through with some money (like he promised) i mights be gettin a new TL! and i'm definetly waitin 3 months for special order
Old 11-07-2000, 11:01 PM

Yeah, I was lookin at the Silver but didn't care for the Ebony int. I love the Laguna though, and get lots of compliments on the Fern and how it goes well with the Laguna metallic.

------------------
2001 3.2 TL Laguna Navi
Factory Spoiler
Burlwood Shift Knob
Old 11-07-2000, 11:04 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry

I was mad last year at this time I wanted the Firepepper Red /Ebony with Nav I waited about 3 months for this combo no luck.
I changed my color to Nighthawk Black/Ebony with Nav it came in just before Christmas last year only about one month wait.I agree with you on the color combo marketing.I am very happy with my 2000 Nighthawk Black /Ebony Nav you might want to change your color choice I did it took me about 30min of looking at the dealership & a 30min drive home to change when I got home I called the salesman to change after waiting 3 months.
Old 11-07-2000, 11:29 PM
Racer

Cool

Originally posted by 97*tL*:
No the best color combo would be WDP with ebony interior. Now that's sexy.
Agreed, although I think white would look just as good. Come to think about it Acura agrees. The CL comes that way...

But not the TL...

Old 11-07-2000, 11:39 PM
Three Wheelin'

BrightTL -

If I come work for you will I get a TL also???
Old 11-07-2000, 11:47 PM
Intermediate

Make me enough money and you can have an M5
Old 11-08-2000, 01:06 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Exclamation

Before ordering my TL I had my mind set on black/black...that ebony interior makes the TL look awesome. So I go down to the dealer w/wife in tow. Eager to order the black then wife noticed the Laguna Green...that was the end of the black. The fern green interior doesn't really look green but more of a gray shade. Either color would do..good luck on your purchase.
Old 11-08-2000, 01:45 AM
Racer

i wanted white on black, but that didnt work ...

------------------
Bad ass TL...but...
Cant afford Mods.....
Old 11-08-2000, 10:03 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Exclamation

Have those of you with Parchment had a bad time keeping clean ?? With my fern, I'm seeing my black jeans and slacks scuff up the grey leather already, noticed that in the first month. I treated the leather the first week I got it to prevent any problems, but it is making the leather all colored up, I can only imagine Parchment is worse.

Co-worker here has a Maxima with tan/parchment, and it shows everything.

------------------
Had 1989 Black CRX Si (Cracker)
Have 1998 Black Currant Accord EX4 Coupe (Watson)
Have 2000 Laguna/Fern TL (Sherlock)
Old 11-08-2000, 10:24 AM
Daddy

Originally posted by Sherlock:
Have those of you with Parchment had a bad time keeping clean ?? With my fern, I'm seeing my black jeans and slacks scuff up the grey leather already, noticed that in the first month. I treated the leather the first week I got it to prevent any problems, but it is making the leather all colored up, I can only imagine Parchment is worse.

Co-worker here has a Maxima with tan/parchment, and it shows everything.

I have a Firepepper Red with Parchment interior and it is very difficult to keep clean! If I had could go back and select a different color combination I would select the L. Green/Fern combo. The exterior really hides the dirt and the fern would be a good compromise between the light parchment and the dark ebony.

------------------
'00 Firepepper Red TL
Old 11-08-2000, 10:33 AM
Banned

Lightbulb

Sherlock:
I'm seeing my black jeans and slacks scuff up the grey leather already, noticed that in the first month.
I own my Laguna for more than two month now and I haven't seen any problems with leather... although I only have 1500 miles on the car the leather is just as it was new...
And I am really glad I got the Laguna/fern... dirt is invisible on the car and car is invisible to cops and thiefs...

------------------
Just my 2 cents...
Old 11-08-2000, 01:13 PM
Three Wheelin'

I do remember at the new owners car clinic last year at the dealership the sevice maneger saying something about color comming off close onto seats.I can't remember what was said exactly because it was for the lighter color seats & I have ebony.