Incomplete TL-S Color Packages

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2001, 04:25 PM

Incomplete TL-S Color Packages

Any idea how Acura arrives at the available color combos for the TL-S (both exterior and interior). I want to get eternal/aegean blue or silver with parchment, but the eternal blue is unavailable with the type-S, and the other two only come with ebony.

Any chance they'll revise the combos for the upcoming model year?
Old 07-02-2001, 05:35 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know why they do it - it lowers production costs and increases the efficiency of the production line. How they do it is anyone's guess. Eternal Blue is darker than Aegean Blue which is the only reason I can imagine them putting the Parchment interior with it.
Old 07-02-2001, 07:22 PM

Wouldn't it be easy enough just to let consumer demand sort out the available choices? I really want Eternal blue in parchment on a TL-S, but it doesn't look like I can get one.
Old 07-02-2001, 10:44 PM
Sporty X type

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
I like the Eternal Blue color also, BUT, it's only avail. in Canada! I don't know why they do that?
Old 07-03-2001, 07:47 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Unhappy

Originally posted by chchien
I really want Eternal blue in parchment on a TL-S, but it doesn't look like I can get one.
That's my preference too (if there's one).
Old 07-03-2001, 08:10 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,760 Likes on 1,046 Posts
Re: Incomplete TL-S Color Packages

Any idea how Acura arrives at the available color combos for the TL-S (both exterior and interior). I want to get eternal/aegean blue or silver with parchment, but the eternal blue is unavailable with the type-S, and the other two only come with ebony.

Any chance they'll revise the combos for the upcoming model year?
It's a slight possibility that they'll re-do some colors for the new model year, but not likely. Also keep in mind that the next model year won't be until the end of 2002 b/c the current 2002 model came out about 6 months earlier then usual. The 2003 probably won't be out until Sept./Oct. of 2002. At that point you're better off waiting one more year (2003) for the redesign.....
Old 07-03-2001, 01:20 PM
Cruisin'

The most obvious color omission to me was Firepepper red with ebony interior, seems like a no brainer for a sport version of the TL.
Old 07-04-2001, 11:09 AM
Racer

Yeah ... the Firepepper red should have been a no brainer.
Old 07-04-2001, 03:01 PM
tea elle

Hey guys, do any of you think red is a good color for a sedan? Really? Come on....can you think of one red sedan that looks good? NO WAY!
Old 07-04-2001, 03:14 PM
Three Wheelin'

I'm not a big fan of Firepepper Red... especially on the TL... but a red M5 looks damn sweet.
Old 07-04-2001, 05:59 PM
Instructor

Well both BMW and MB let you mix and match interior/extrior trims. But that comes at a higher cost and longer wait for delivery.

I really like Diamnd Pearl/Ebony but it's not available in Canada.
Old 07-04-2001, 10:29 PM
Pro

Originally posted by Lrpba300
I like the Eternal Blue color also, BUT, it's only avail. in Canada! I don't know why they do that?

You live in the U.S. and want Eternal Blue? Funny cause I live in Canada and want Aegan Blue
Old 07-05-2001, 01:30 AM
MB-Fanatic w/TL-S

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Xtrema
Well both BMW and MB let you mix and match interior/extrior trims. But that comes at a higher cost and longer wait for delivery.

I really like Diamnd Pearl/Ebony but it's not available in Canada.
WDP/Ebony was my first choice, too!!! Really ain't into Parchment leather.. Though it looks more luxurious in WDP/Parch......

Saw FPR/Ebony TLs(2002) couple times.... it look OK, though not really suits the car itself IMO....

Andy Kuo
Old 07-05-2001, 02:21 AM

So I suppose there's no chance you can pick your own combo even if you order it factory direct, eh?
Old 07-05-2001, 06:54 AM

Another Opinion...

So I suppose there's no chance you can pick your own combo even if you order it factory direct, eh?
Wouldn't that be great. But don't recall that ever being done in the past, and unlikely in the future. And I would imagine if they did offer a factory order option, it wouldn't be cheap.

I did like the Lagoona Green and sorry they discontinued it. Saw the Anthracite and thought it to be fairly close to Lagoona. Disappointed to find it not offered on the type S.

That is my vote. Funny thing human nature, the things we want the most are sometimes the ones not available
Old 07-05-2001, 01:12 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 138 Likes on 80 Posts
Lack of color choices is perhaps my biggest gripe with Acura. You've all heard me bag on BMW, but at least you can get a slew of exterior colors with your choice of any interior color. Heck, Porsche even lets you mix your own color (for a pretty penny, of course)!

I realize they are trying to increase efficiencies at the assembly line, and this is probably one reason Acuras are such a great value compared to BMW, MB, etc. But let's say they would have to charge $100 more on every car they sell in order to make the factory flexible enough to put any interior/exterior combination together. Wouldn't we still buy the Acura? And wouldn't they then have a lot more satisfied customers? The people on this board are TL fanatics, and even we're complaining. Just think of how many people (and there must be some) have bought another car because they couldn't get parchment interior in a blue TL or ebony in a firepepper red...
Old 07-05-2001, 02:00 PM
Intermediate

I really wanted the type S ABP/Parchment. I hate the black interior. If only the plastic wood was wood colored .

I just ordered a TL-S (due next week) DEP/Parchment. I think the DEP is to dark, but it has the parchment. I really like green cars, but the DEP is almost black. A Britsh racing green pearl would be wonderful!

The colors on Acuras are awful IMHO. We really need better colors, and more choices. The TL would look great in a candy apple red. And who came up with that hideous Gold on the CL-S?? What are these guys thinking?
Old 07-05-2001, 02:08 PM

Originally posted by quazi
I really wanted the type S ABP/Parchment. I hate the black interior. If only the plastic wood was wood colored .
I'm with you, quazi. I want blue with parchment, but no such combination is available. Argh!
Old 07-06-2001, 01:19 AM
Banned

Originally posted by quazi

I was in the exact same boat as well. Loved the ABP but hated the ebony interior. Almost got the DEP, but like you I thought it was too close to black, and having two previous black cars kept me from that. So I went with the ABP/ebony and now absolutely love it. I like the ebony interior better than the parchment now, even though I was dead set against ebony in the beginning. It grows on you...