AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   2G TL (1999-2003) (https://acurazine.com/forums/2g-tl-1999-2003-98/)
-   -   How to fix your Honda and Acura Navigation clock stuck at 0:00 (https://acurazine.com/forums/2g-tl-1999-2003-98/how-fix-your-honda-acura-navigation-clock-stuck-0-00-a-963912/)

Karanx7 10-28-2017 04:15 PM

How to fix your Honda and Acura Navigation clock stuck at 0:00

I made a video that shows you how to fix Honda and Acura navigation clocks that have been stuck on 0:00 even after 9/16/17. You will have to revert back to the original disc, so you will lose the map updates. I don't use the navigation for anything other than the clock and A/C controls, so I don't care about the Navi maps. Phone navigation is so much better anyways.

If you don't have your original disc, then let me know. If anyone actually needs a copy of mine, I'll find a computer with a DVD drive and make a mountable image of my disc. It should work, but I've never tried it.

Stan K. 02-02-2018 11:09 AM

2003 Acura TL clock

looks like don’t have original Navi disc how can I get one. Thanks

PATRICKPBME 03-10-2018 06:01 PM

Wondering if you ever posted the link as I have the same problem.

Donald Ware 05-18-2019 03:42 PM

I have the updated dvd. How can I get a copy of the original dvd?

Will Mitchell 06-11-2019 11:23 AM

Original Software disc

I need a copy of the original software if you dont mind my email is wilbert.r.mitchell@gmail.com

Originally Posted by Karanx7 (Post 16121758)
I made a video that shows you how to fix Honda and Acura navigation clocks that have been stuck on 0:00 even after 9/16/17. You will have to revert back to the original disc, so you will lose the map updates. I don't use the navigation for anything other than the clock and A/C controls, so I don't care about the Navi maps. Phone navigation is so much better anyways.

If you don't have your original disc, then let me know. If anyone actually needs a copy of mine, I'll find a computer with a DVD drive and make a mountable image of my disc. It should work, but I've never tried it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4o5xsjmv0A

MikeekiM 02-10-2020 05:30 PM

Interesting... My car is largely garaged, so this might have happened earlier, but this weekend I noticed that my clock was finally fixed.

Up until noticing this, my clock was still at 0:00, even after several failed attempts at trying to apply the "fix update DVD" that was sent to me by Acura.

Looks like this thread has been inactive since mid-2019, so I assume this is no longer an issue for anyone any longer? Weird...cuz I have continued to have this issue until very recently...

B Sc 01-08-2021 12:50 AM

Originally Posted by MikeekiM (Post 16536816)
Interesting... My car is largely garaged, so this might have happened earlier, but this weekend I noticed that my clock was finally fixed.

Up until noticing this, my clock was still at 0:00, even after several failed attempts at trying to apply the "fix update DVD" that was sent to me by Acura.

Looks like this thread has been inactive since mid-2019, so I assume this is no longer an issue for anyone any longer? Weird...cuz I have continued to have this issue until very recently...

Lots of threads outlining same issue. I noticed it mid Dec 2020 and spent all this time reading forums before responding. THIS solution didn't work for me, may try again perhaps, so I went ahead with the TSX hack figuring there wasn't a prob if THAT didn't work (it did, nice to have a trip computer on the old 04 Canuck 5p Auto TL)

Also figured that lots of probs with TLs come from half drained batteries, so a smart charge was in order before reconnecting neg batt cable.
So the overnight cable pull didn't work, all the probs on the NAVI remain, but atleast smart charged the batt to full in the meantime.

The old nav disc was like 3.3 or something, didn't even have my part of Canada mapped, embarrassing they sold this car new with a disc like that, then made owner buy the newer one. Newer one is 3.60.
Odd how the old disc installed an 'authorized' trip computer but the newer removed it, and has to be hacked via a different forum thread...

starlifter f/e 01-31-2021 12:20 PM

Try this...

If your NaviClock is STILL stuck,and/or the Navi Screen is usually or always BLANK, even if you tried the fix-it disc, original disc, etc, then try this instant and free method. Each and every time you start your Acura, rotate the key from the "off" (key insert) position, NON STOP to "start". DO NOT STOP OR HESITATE IN THE "ACC" OR "RUN" POSITION, EVEN FOR HALF OF A SECOND! I tried the fixit disc from Acura, which did allow me to reset and use my clock, but when I shut down and restarted the car, the screen was completely blank. I thought I bricked the system for months until one day I was in a BIG hurry, and quickly rotated the key direct to "start", and the screen and clock were resurrected. More than three years later, this procedure must still be used to avoid the blank screen. Yeah, I admit it DOES sound stupid. But on MY TL-S, it is absolutely true! Good luck!