Headlight and Tail light Help bulbs swap led's or bulbs?

Old 05-25-2008, 11:20 AM
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Question Headlight and Tail light Help bulbs swap led's or bulbs?

Ok here's what I'm doing... and yes I've read other posts and have a headache now from it...

I'm swapping my 99-01' Headlights and Tail Lights to the 02-03' ones...

Question Part 1-Headlights

I don't have daytime running lights, I live in Dallas, TX....I'm clearing my headlights and want them to look good... I've heard that the sylvania Silverstar's (1157) are cool but the silver flakes off in the housing? Also, I might go with the LED's but what all would I need to purchase?

Be as specific as possible please. I have the 99-01 harness so do I need resistors if I go with the LED switchbacks? Should I go with sylvania silverstar's and call it a day? I guess there are 2 bulbs in the housing that people replace... the turn signal with the switchbacks and then the corner parking lights....? if this is correct what is the best led setup as far as bulbs I can go with to keep it looking clear and then just have the turn signal flash amber? Shit just tell me what to buy lol

Question Part II - Tail Lights

I'm going to go with Depo since it's the most affordable way and everyone is saying there's like no difference in looks.... Again, should I purchase and 02-03 harness with the Depo housings? and what bulbs? how many do I buy for this swap? I read that if I go with Led's I have to use resistors...

Please be specific...

What is the benefit as far as looks with the LED's? the only thing I want is that it looks like the signal is lighting up fully ... I don't want a weird flashlight/spotlight effect. I want it to look sexy

Ok so here's the final question for all of this... If I wanted to have the perfect LED setup, What all do I need to buy in list form please? My fogs and headlights are both HID 6000k and I have a Taf White TL. I would like everything to fit directly and nice... no dremeling or anything... I would splice a resistor if needed, but I want the bulbs to fit and look and blink normal.

Thanks In Advance : )