A goofy way to fix a problem

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2018, 05:21 PM
Cruisin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
A goofy way to fix a problem

Hello again everyone! Long time no see.

Last time I posted, I killed yet another transmission (which I got fixed with an aftermarket tranny) and mentioned having an issue with my car overheating whenever I used the AC for city driving.

Well I wanted to post that I fixed that problem too, so if you have it give it a look.

Cabin filter. Not even kidding. It was the damn cabin filter. Swapped it out here at work the other day and spent the next day running the AC in the city, in rush hour traffic. Not even a slight temp spike. So if you have an issue where your TL is overheating when you use the AC in the city and nothing seems wrong, check the cabin filter.
Old 06-29-2018, 05:25 PM
Latent car nut

Received 2,005 Likes on 1,407 Posts
Have you found out the best transmission to put into your 2G TL is the unit from a 7G V6 Accord from either 2006 or 2007? I ask because those units are reportedly much more robust and readily available for a modest cost.
Old 06-29-2018, 05:34 PM
Cruisin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If that's the same as the ones in the 06 TLs, then yes. The trick around here is just finding a shop that will install it (because I don't have the tools or space to do it myself). What ended up happening was I called a few shops for quotes, and as soon as I said second gen TL with the one shop, they immediately told me that they know about the problem with those transmissions and told me that they use an aftermarket transmission to remove that problem. Sadly I forgot what company he said they use, but they do specialize in performance transmissions as well as regular transmissions and are a very reputable shop in my area that's been around since the 60s. Not to mention that they're honest mechanics too.
Old 06-29-2018, 05:52 PM
Latent car nut

Received 2,005 Likes on 1,407 Posts
Originally Posted by Shade Gaiven
If that's the same as the ones in the 06 TLs, then yes. The trick around here is just finding a shop that will install it (because I don't have the tools or space to do it myself). What ended up happening was I called a few shops for quotes, and as soon as I said second gen TL with the one shop, they immediately told me that they know about the problem with those transmissions and told me that they use an aftermarket transmission to remove that problem. Sadly I forgot what company he said they use, but they do specialize in performance transmissions as well as regular transmissions and are a very reputable shop in my area that's been around since the 60s. Not to mention that they're honest mechanics too.
Nope, the 2006 TL and the 2006 V6 Accord used different transmissions.