Notices

Good Transmission shop near OC LA County?

 
Old 01-01-2019, 11:51 AM
  #1  
Registered Member
Thread Starter
 
actright's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Age: 39
Posts: 378
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Good Transmission shop near OC LA County?

2002 Acura TL Type S on 255K 2ND tranny, itís starting to slip. Looking for recommendations for a good transmission shop to get it done cheap with a rebuild or anything. Thanks chiefs
actright is offline  
Old 01-01-2019, 11:33 PM
  #2  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Age: 28
Posts: 46
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
do what I did and google surrounding transmission shops, get a list of 10 or so, and just call all of them. u have to find someone knowledgeable and willing to do it. shouldnt be a problem in OC.

try to keep the list to private-owned transmission shops. they're willing to negotiate and also most corporate owned ones i found will not do it. I got mine done for $450 and the rear engine mount replaced at the same time for free.
onekam is offline  
Old 01-02-2019, 10:19 AM
  #3  
Registered Member
Thread Starter
 
actright's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Age: 39
Posts: 378
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by onekam View Post
do what I did and google surrounding transmission shops, get a list of 10 or so, and just call all of them. u have to find someone knowledgeable and willing to do it. shouldnt be a problem in OC.

try to keep the list to private-owned transmission shops. they're willing to negotiate and also most corporate owned ones i found will not do it. I got mine done for $450 and the rear engine mount replaced at the same time for free.

DUDE $450!!!! thats whats up ... Monster DEAL, where did you get that price at?

ok will start my search today and start harassing shops in the nearby area
actright is offline  
Old 01-02-2019, 02:55 PM
  #4  
Registered Member
Thread Starter
 
actright's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Age: 39
Posts: 378
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
I found a shop today, they quoted me at $1,500 (includes tax) with one year warranty

Hightech Transmission
12175 Firestone Blvd.
Norwalk, CA 90650
actright is offline  
Old 01-02-2019, 04:46 PM
  #5  
Moderator
 
thoiboi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: SoCal, CA
Posts: 37,643
Liked 5,791 Times in 4,643 Posts
I'd do an AV6 swap before putting in another TL tranny. It's plug and play: https://acurazine.com/forums/second-...n-swap-905115/
thoiboi is offline  
Old 01-03-2019, 06:21 PM
  #6  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Age: 28
Posts: 46
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by actright View Post
DUDE $450!!!! thats whats up ... Monster DEAL, where did you get that price at?

ok will start my search today and start harassing shops in the nearby area
yeah but I supplied my own tranny. sorry I just realized that you were talking about wanting a rebuild, and not getting an AV6 done. I wouldn't mess with the stock tranny anymore... it's just going to continue giving you problems. make the switch to the BAYA transmission. you won't be disappointed.
onekam is offline  
Old 01-08-2019, 08:25 AM
  #7  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Fountain, CO
Posts: 89
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by thoiboi View Post
I'd do an AV6 swap before putting in another TL tranny. It's plug and play: https://acurazine.com/forums/second-...n-swap-905115/
Originally Posted by onekam View Post
make the switch to the BAYA transmission. you won't be disappointed.
What they said. Don't bother getting a rebuild of yours or a rebuild on a 2nd gen TL 5 speed. Also, if you have a TL-P, the ratios in the AV6 tranny are almost exactly the same as those in a TL-S tranny. You'll notice a performance increase (although you may also notice a slight decrease in highway gas mileage).
03TLSinCO is offline  
Old 02-13-2019, 03:37 AM
  #8  
Registered Member
 
ksu90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 55
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
look up green transmissions. they deal with only honda transmissions. very good.
ksu90 is offline  
 
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
kaiser.socei
Second Generation TL (1999-2003)
6
12-12-2013 05:13 PM
Paintballny
NY/NJ
0
11-15-2009 07:43 PM
JoEvIt1491
NY/NJ
18
06-27-2009 01:11 AM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Good Transmission shop near OC LA County?


Contact Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.