AV6 Purchase Source Advice: Local in person, online??

Old 01-16-2016, 12:35 AM
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
AV6 Purchase Source Advice: Local in person, online??

Hey guys,

A few of you know of all the issues I have been having and currently I have this JDM Tranny that came with the Engine that I'm almost certain is no good.

I have one last thing to try with it tomorrow but I'm not holding my breath.

So I've been doing a lot of reading and thinking that if I stay with the original design transmission I will most likely being going thru all this again in the near future.

So I'm really thinking of asking my seller if he can get me an AV6 tranny if I have to exchange the current one.

The thing I'm wondering is how do you know for sure what you are getting unless you see it come out of the source.

I came across this site and they have a lot of AV6 tranny's but I was wondering if anyone has sourced one this route or if you should go to local area salvage yards and try to find one.

Here's the website I came across while searching for AV6 in the Houston area:

2006 Honda Accord Used Transmission (Automatic Transmission Coupe 3.0L) - Auto Parts FairŽ

Thoughts or advice??

Also does $1351 for a listing 46K (Or Higher Mileage) Transmission sound about right or is that high?

Last edited by DJMikeT; 01-16-2016 at 12:38 AM.
Old 01-16-2016, 08:05 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 106 Likes on 97 Posts
I would try using car-part.com
That is the main network most yards are tied into. They usually list the mileage on the trans. I actually recently found mine by searching CL for 06/07 accord parts. Just happened to come across a local yard that had an 07 accord that was smashed in the rear. They hadn't pulled the trans oit yet so I was able to see the car it was in and it had 68k miles on it. I paid $775. Anything over about $1k would seem pretty high to me even with low mileage like the one you have found there.
Old 01-17-2016, 06:50 PM
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I just bought one thru Car Part.com.
Regardless of where you get it, check out the solenoids.
The guys that took it out of the car seemed to be trying to set a record as to how many they could damage all at once.
Old 01-17-2016, 07:09 PM
uʍop ǝpısdn ǝdʎʇ uɐɔ ı

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts
Originally Posted by B.TL
I just bought one thru Car Part.com.
Regardless of where you get it, check out the solenoids.
The guys that took it out of the car seemed to be trying to set a record as to how many they could damage all at once.
I got mine through car part too. found one with 41,000 miles for 620 USD.
Old 01-18-2016, 11:38 PM
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Thanks for the information guys. The seller I bought the other transmission is shipping me a replacement so hopefully I will get some use out of this one but if and when it fails I will definitely go to the AV6.

Search this Thread