Audio at Acura tl s 2003 dissapointment

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2017, 08:09 PM
Drifting

Received 480 Likes on 421 Posts
Simple solutions... GTA or GROM adapters with Bluetooth.

Last edited by 01acls; 12-20-2017 at 08:12 PM.
Old 03-05-2018, 05:18 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 59 Likes on 50 Posts
Originally Posted by bbsitum
Can not believe I went through all of this where solution was simple - new head unit and flash drive. Flash drive is easy controllable from head unit (Sony in my case). Why I post again in this tread? I ripped a few CDs to FLAC for difference of usually mp3 and wav. Sound is very good in flac at acura tl speakers and Sony head unit. I'm impressed. Probably complete flash drive will go to Flac. Try for itself. IMO flac sound good at ours stereo system. New head unit, old speakers and woofer, flash drive and flac, it is way to go here IMO.
Few months latter and all may CDs went to flac. It is solution. Sound in my car is way good enough. I'm not so much in audio to be member of audio forums but in random searching I found that most moderators there switched all music to FLAC to. Sony is way to go at the moment as all theirs audio hardware for home and cars support FLAC. Sony dvd player with USB port for my home system will buy as soon will Fiio DAC from Amazon come.
The following users liked this post:
Cuong Nguyen (07-07-2018)
Old 07-07-2018, 09:50 AM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I understand what you had been through :3 I am kind of that. Not like just put a few bucks to solve problem, i also want to learn something. But same as you, after a few day of research, the final thing that i learn is ground loop noise, but i think i will stick to that for a few week before i buy a new head unit
Old 07-07-2018, 10:20 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by bbsitum
Put a few songs at my Android phone. Connected to car audio. I can control music from phone but sound is pathetic. In connection, from some reason, DAC from phone is used and that DAC is total crap. DAC from my mp3 player is just sligthy lower quality than DAC in my head unit. Probably a DAC from 1000$ phone is good but why I would need it if I have good DAC in head unit. Plus I do not need my phone be charged all time. So no smart phone connection do not work. Flash drive look like way. Mp3 player connected at jack or usb is resonable solution too. Smart phone is not for me.
This is my most important comment in this tread. DAC (digital to audio converter) is key for quality music. Those that say they connect phone over blue ray or so it do not work good enough because you use your phone DAC. You need to use DAC in yours head unit or external DAC (FiiO K1 for example). DAC go in price from 3K to 20$ and you can NOT use chipo one. But already 40$ for FiiO K1 is OK.
Old 07-08-2018, 01:26 PM
Burning Brakes

To add to this tread as I'm messing with home audio system this days and read about audios setup again. Problem with bluetooth is in two level. One is as I wrote up phone DAC and second is wireless audio signal is lower quality than wired one. It is how much I dig from internet.
Old 10-11-2018, 09:30 PM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In case anyone happens upon this thread I recommend that while using a cassette adapter be sure to turn Dolby off as for some reason this will cause your music to sound quite muffled. And don't turn phone volumes too high as this will cause distortion. Turn HU volume to max and keep phone to around 80% volume. All you can do with straight stock but it keeps me satisfied for the most part.