Notices

Anybody Used Monroe Struts on their TL?

Old 04-04-2019, 04:06 PM
Registered Member

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts
Anybody Used Monroe Struts on their TL?

Been thinking about replacing the struts on my 2000 TL for some time now especially since they have the original factory struts with over 270K on them. I know OEM Honda struts are damn near bullet proof and the original ones that are on the car aren't too bad. I'm not noticing an overly bouncy ride or bad tire wear but the fronts are squeaking badly when they bounce so I figured after all this time its probably best to replace the struts and mounts to keep my suspension in tip top shape.

I've been thinking about using Monroe struts since they're the easiest struts for me to get and are the lowest cost with a lifetime warranty, but before I pull the trigger I wanna know if any of you guys have experience using Monroe struts on your TL's or if I should spend more on KYB's or something? Or hell if it's even worth replacing the ancient OEM ones in the first place?
Old 05-24-2019, 05:25 PM
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I got Monroe quick struts for my wife's Honda Element and they worked fine.

For my 2000 3.2TL I got some Ebay quick struts. They were serviceable but made noises. Eventually I bought some higher quality shocks and a spring compressor and swapped them in to my original strut assemblies. Since the strut assemblies were already out of the car, I could do it at my leisure, rather than being in a hurry. That was several years ago. At the time Monroe did not make quick struts for the TL.
Old 05-25-2019, 11:41 AM
Registered Member

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by murky View Post
I got Monroe quick struts for my wife's Honda Element and they worked fine.

For my 2000 3.2TL I got some Ebay quick struts. They were serviceable but made noises. At the time Monroe did not make quick struts for the TL.
Yeah none of the premium name brands make quick struts for the 2G TLís for some reason. You either gotta get some expensive coil overs or those Cheap no name brand Ebay quick struts that probably will make the car ride worse than bad oem struts lol. Iím gonna hold off on it for now since the car still drives fine and isnít affecting my tires.

I recently just replaced both inner and outer tie rods that were also original and man the steering feel is so much better now.
Old 05-26-2019, 11:40 AM
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I got KYB Excels Gs and they ride a little stiffer than OEM but feels very solid ... Got them off Rockauto.
Old 06-11-2019, 11:16 AM
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I replaced all mine with kyb g2 struts. One of the fronts blew out, but was replaced under warranty. Besides that, they are a dream to what was on there before