Adventures of a TL Type-S owner

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2003, 09:56 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Adventures of a TL Type-S owner

Coming from work, all tired and all I wanted was to get home. All of a sudden, upon exiting from the highway, this ricer type newer model white SiR hatch tailgates me at the off ramp all the way past the exit. I tried to ignore him and went on my own at the speed limit. ANd what does the sucker do? He passes me and cuts me off!! Showing off his CAI (you can hear it growl) Daym. Now I'm pi$$ed. My turn to tailgate. I passed him and waited for him on the light and deliberately slowed down on the yellow. The loser was revving and you can tell he was redlining (revs cutting out). Lights turn green and I waited for him to take off, so he did with tires lit up. Not much of an effort on the Type-S. I SS's it and kept it on 2nd and he was G O N E- Slowly disappearing on my rear view as I hit 3rd not even redlined. Waited for him on the next lights. And what does he do? He makes a U-turn. Pi$$- ant pencil necked loser had no balls and couldn't finish.

Seems like almost on a one per week basis, I get an encounter on some Andretti wanna be who thinks he has the worlds most powerful sub-compact then $hits himself at the last moment. (And that one 5.0 liter who didn't want to go) Hey, I thought this was supposed to be a mid-luxury family sedan ?? Or do they just wanna try out and see how the car can boogie.

Are you a Type-S personality? ....... I know I am.

Thought I'd share that. 'Nuff Said.
Old 11-01-2003, 11:13 PM
Dragging knees in

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts
I love laying the smack down on ricers. They don't know who they are messing with.
Old 11-01-2003, 11:22 PM
O.G.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Good kill!

I hate sore ricers.
Old 11-02-2003, 01:32 AM
Instructor

Around here it is always an ES300 that wants some action. No problem even with my TL-P.
Old 11-02-2003, 02:51 AM
Missing my Acura's

WELL GUYS ALL THE TIME I ENCOUNTER SOME DUMB 17,18,19 YEAR OLD CIVIC DRIVING MANIAC WHO THINKS A CIVIC WITH A CAI IS FAST (NOT) WELL ONE THING IS FOR SURE THEY ARE LOUD AND SOIMETIMES THEY DO LOOK FASY(COURTESY OF SOME EXTREME WING AND BODY KIT) BUT EVEN WITH MY TL-P WITH ONLY A DROP KIT AND A CAI THEY GO FADING INTO THE REARVEIW QUICKLY THEY FOR GET WE HAVE 3.2 SOHC V-TECH AND THERES ALOT OF A DIFFERENCE IN A 3.2 V-TECH WITH CAI AND A 1.6 SOHC NON V-TECH (ASSUMING A DX CIVICLIKE MOST RICERS DRIVE) WELL THEY ALL GROW UP SOMETIME HA HA HA
Old 11-02-2003, 07:37 AM
Pro

You want to real screew with them, Debadge!
Old 11-02-2003, 07:48 PM
Burning Brakes

I believe it's the extra down force on them large wings that creates so much drag so their 127hp so much decreases next to nothing compounded by the weight of the larger wheels.

It may also be a large speedo calibration error caused by a tire height that is way too tall for the car.

With the money they spend on those things, they should have just saved for an RSX-S or something decent.

Just seeing the "I am not worthy!" look on their faces when I go thru a McD's drive-thru is priceless.

Peace people.
Old 11-03-2003, 07:13 AM
still a Masshole

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
so many ricers but once in a blue moon you will encounter a civic that will rape you...all motor or blown. a buddy of mine met a guy with a blown Type R integra this weekend as well as another's civic with a type-R motor in it. Those cars can be deadly fortunately most are not.
Old 11-03-2003, 11:17 PM
Burning Brakes

Power to weight ratio, those blown or NOS ricers can have their share of fun. Even if raped by a "blown" ricer, they still are "not worthy".

As a friend of mine said, he juiced his Neon so bad it probably is the most powerful one out there and left him broke. Bottom line is no matter how he maxes it out, it's still a Neon.

Amidst a crowd of ricers and ricer wanna be's don't tell me they don't look in awe as they see an Iceboxed CL-S or TL-S in full song WOT pass them by. They simply have none of the class.
Old 11-03-2003, 11:39 PM
Racer

Originally posted by Bear2Day
You want to real screew with them, Debadge!

Old 11-04-2003, 12:37 AM
Dragging knees in

A while ago, I was on my way to a friend's party and I was stopped at a red light. A riced out Integra pulled up next to me. The body kit wasn't even painted and looked like ass.

He motions at me to roll down my window, so I did. He asked me "What do you got?"

Ehh, did you not see the Acura TL badge on the back? :p

"TL Type-S"

"How much horsepower? You want to race?"

"260 hp stock."

"Oh, ****. Never mind, dude. I ain't racin' you."

BWAHAHAHA!!!

True story.

Last week, I saw him again. This time he had gotten his body kit painted and added a giant wing. I was in my brother's '01 Eclipse GT because my car was in the shop. He obviously didn't recognize me, but did give me a hard-ass look, sizing up my brother's car. HA! What a loser! He was too scared to run up against a family sedan, yet he acts like a tough guy against an Eclipse GT. I would've still beat him, too. 200hp and 200 lb-ft torque against an Integra GS. I don't think so, bud.

I'm making this too long, but another ricer encounter story. I was going back to my house after picking up a movie at Best Buy. I saw this horrendously riced out Alero with dual fart cannons and a double-decker aluminum wing. Sounded like ass, too. I pulled up next to him, smiled, but he pretended like he didn't even see me. Light changed to green, and we both took of normally. We were cruising at the speed limit (40-45) and I kept it in SS and locked it in 2nd. I jumped a couple times to show him I was interested. He looks over, puts on a ****-eatin' grin on his face and guns it. I was ready and took off like a bat out of hell. By 80 or so, I had put BUSLENGTHS on him. He wouldn't get next to me after that.

Two weeks later, I was at my car club meet and some of the guys asked me if I had raced a green riced-out Alero. I said yes, and they asked me just how badly I LOST to HIM. At this point, I was like, "Uhh, did I miss something here?" They informed me that the Alero driver had apparently been going around town claiming to have raped a silver TL-S. Since mine is the only silver TL-S in town, it was obvious he was lying. I told the club guys to tell the Alero f*ck that I want a rematch in front of everyone and ON TAPE. Never heard about it again.

I hate ricers.
Old 11-04-2003, 12:48 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
HEY HOW DO U LOCK IT IN 2ND?
Old 11-04-2003, 12:49 AM
Dragging knees in

In SportShift??

Uhhh... Not shift up??
Old 11-04-2003, 12:52 AM
Burning Brakes

I can understand trying to deck out Civics and Integras, maybe even Golf and Jettas. But an ALERO?? Man, that's even worse than that decked out Neon.

That guy has no self esteem whatsoever. He should see a shrink.
Old 11-04-2003, 12:53 AM
Dragging knees in

Nah, he seemed quite proud of ricer-mobile... which is the problem.
Old 11-04-2003, 07:57 AM
Just agree and go away...

I have seen a couple of those riced Alero's here in NY... they are complete sh*t boxes.... funny to look at and mock as I fly by in my Type-S...
Old 11-04-2003, 09:21 AM
lover and fighter

Received 32 Likes on 15 Posts
Are you a Type-S personality? ....... I know I am.
Type A mostly, but I do waiver!

Nice story...

I hate to say this, I even think maybe I shouldn't, but there is a guy across the street from my office with a bright yellow Cavalier. it has a full widebody, molded kit, 19's, exhaust, some obvious engine work including a supercharger (yup, it's pretty dayum quick--but not AS quick as my baby), interior work, etc. I think is actually looks sweet for what it is...

And where is A418t81? My buddy traded his '00 A4 and got an '03 A4 quattro, direct program ECU, stage somethingorother upgrade with the turbo, etc...Um, well, he beat me... At least I'm comforted in knowing he has $50k tied up in that car as opposed to my $36k...