Acurazine Pet Peeve

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2012, 08:31 AM
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts
Smile Acurazine Pet Peeve

Hi All :

Need to vent on a topic that has been bugging me since I joined this site all those years ago.

Here it is...Folks who start a thread looking for help with a specific problem and don't finish the thread with how the issue was resolved or what eventually happened ?

Case in point.....I'm now researching a P1456 and I pulled up a large number of threads of which most are "unfinished" and never say what actually fixed the code. I can only surmise that the OP resolved the problem and didn't (or to be more kind, forgot) update with what they replaced and solved the problem. It also might be that a certain length of time has to pass before you can confirm the resolution.

Don't misunderstand, this site has saved me more times than I can count and I certainly appreciate anyone who offers help. I also have to confess I am probably guilty of this act at some time or another.

So, please folks finish your threads !...all it takes is one last entry of "Changed part XXXX or did this certain procedure and problem solved".

Ok....rant over.

Last edited by smartypants; 09-09-2012 at 08:35 AM.
The following users liked this post:
3.2TLc (09-09-2012)
Old 09-09-2012, 01:46 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 784 Likes on 743 Posts
Yeah Smarty, I'm at a loss as to why the original thread-starter can't seem to follow up on the initial problem, even if what was done resulted in not actually "fixing the problem". At least we would know one way or the other ! Hopefully seeing this thread posted will serve as a reminder for everyone to show some common courtesy to fellow 'Ziner's doing research on similiar problems.

By the way, that P1456 Evap code is a rather popular nuisance with our TL's. It would be
more beneficial to have a forum accepted thread to more directly address the issue.
Old 09-09-2012, 03:39 PM
J-series addict

Received 614 Likes on 464 Posts
That's just common with most forums and typically because of peoples lack of care/concern to make an update to the people that helped them or didn't get an easy fix/answer they were looking for so they moved on to look for an answer they wanted to hear. ;-)

As for p1456, that's an evap system malfunction and it's generally due to a system leak or faulty component. Unless you have a smoke machine, DVOM and diagnostic scanner with function control capabilities and datastream, I wouldn't recommend doing much but maybe replacing the gas cap with an OEM one. If that doesn't work, save yourself the time, hassle and money and have a reputable shop diagnose the issue for you.