ABS and TCS lights stay on

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2002, 12:29 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
ABS and TCS lights stay on

Well, since my warranty is about to end (47K), of course more problems will start coming. When I started my car, the ABS and TCS lights stayed on. I drove it to the gas station, bought some gas, turned the car back on and it still stayed on. This was on Tuesday. I couldnt go to the dealer because I flew to chicago the same day so now my car is sitting in the garage until Monday. Does anyone know what this could be?

Thanks
Rosh
Old 05-23-2002, 01:12 PM
BlingBling INSPIRE 32V

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If both indicator stays on, you're in trouble. The other day, I was driving on a freeway and noticed that Engine Check & TCS light came on. I pressed the TCS button to see if I can turn it off, but it didn't work. I took it to the dealer next day and they told me it was engine misfire false code. Reset the code and it's all good now.

Take it to the dealer ASAP before your warranty expires.
Good Luck!!
Old 05-23-2002, 01:17 PM
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: ABS and TCS lights stay on

Originally posted by Black TL
Well, since my warranty is about to end (47K), of course more problems will start coming. When I started my car, the ABS and TCS lights stayed on. I drove it to the gas station, bought some gas, turned the car back on and it still stayed on. This was on Tuesday. I couldnt go to the dealer because I flew to chicago the same day so now my car is sitting in the garage until Monday. Does anyone know what this could be?

Thanks
Rosh
This info is from the Acura Owner's Manual pp.176-180
ABS= Anti-lock Break System, TCS= Traction Control Sytem
The TCS indicator will come on along with the ABS indicator if there is a problem with the anti-lock break system. The breaks still work like a conventional system w/o anti-lock, providing normal stopping ablility. You should have the dealer inspect your car ASAP.
Old 05-23-2002, 04:26 PM
BlingBling INSPIRE 32V

Re: Re: ABS and TCS lights stay on

Originally posted by CKacura

This info is from the Acura Owner's Manual pp.176-180
Problem found!!!
Old 05-24-2002, 12:09 AM
Three Wheelin'

Damn, you guys are just amazing!! Thanks! I get back monday so I will take it in the same day and see what they can do for me!

Thanks again!!
Roshan
Old 05-24-2002, 12:11 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by songoku
If both indicator stays on, you're in trouble. The other day, I was driving on a freeway and noticed that Engine Check & TCS light came on. I pressed the TCS button to see if I can turn it off, but it didn't work. I took it to the dealer next day and they told me it was engine misfire false code. Reset the code and it's all good now.

Good Luck!!
So what does this exactly mean? The engine misfired ok, but what does that do to your car short/longrun? Is this normal for cars? Will it occur again in the future?

Roshan
Old 05-24-2002, 11:23 AM
BlingBling INSPIRE 32V

Originally posted by Black TL

So what does this exactly mean? The engine misfired ok, but what does that do to your car short/longrun? Is this normal for cars? Will it occur again in the future?

Roshan
First of all, mine was Engine check light. It was just false code and nothing to do with Engine. Just have to reset the code in perform input test to see if it'll appear again.
Old 05-25-2002, 09:44 AM
Racer

I had the same issue, but mine was really a mis-fire...

The funny thing was that it happened after only 1 month after I bought the car.. Try explaining to your collegues (who drive BMW's and AUDIS) the next morning that you are going to be in late becaue your 1 month Acura is mis-firing

Turned out that when they (factory) put the plug-wire into one of the coil-packs they bent one of the pins, and while it worked for 1 month it finally got loose... you should have seen my dash... it was like a freking christmas tree!!!! every light was on.

Anyways, dealer found and fixed it and it has been fine ever since.

TLS RULZ
Old 05-25-2002, 10:59 AM
BlingBling INSPIRE 32V

Originally posted by TLS RULZ
you should have seen my dash... it was like a freking christmas tree!!!! every light was on.

I am glad mine was only 2 lights!!!
Old 06-05-2002, 07:37 PM
Instructor

Originally posted by songoku

Good Luck!!
ok this is exactly what just happened to me and my tl is outta warranty period,...is it possible to fix by myself or reset by myself?
or how much do dealerships charge?

my tcs and engine check light came on
Old 06-06-2002, 03:01 PM
Racer

Today, both my TCS and ABS lights came on. I was on my way to the dealership to get a oil change. The mechanic looked into this problem and found out what was causing it. A wire accidentally grounded itself when I hit a bump. All that was needed was for the mechanic to unground this wire. Problem fixed.
Peter.
Old 04-24-2017, 05:29 AM
Intermediate

Hello I am having the exact same issue. MY TC and check engine light came on and stays on. Additionally on occasion I cannot get out of park without having to manually jam an ink pen down in the shift lever and after that Im good. My question is in regards to the TC warning light. What should I check for? Im reading this thread and its all over the place.Can someone who actually resolved their TC issue walk me through what to check?
Old 06-06-2017, 06:25 AM
Intermediate

Update: It appears my O2 sensor was the culprint all along. Apparently my O2 sensor got damage due to a leaky head oil gasket. by the time I discovered the oil leak, it had already damaged my 02 sensor causing it to constantly stay on and throw faulty codes. Once I resolved the oil leak, replaced teh 02 sensor, everything went back to normal. No more lights, the car is running smoother and more powerful. Gas consumption went down, mileage increase by 40gal per tank and and no more code. Moral of the story: CHANGE THE O2 oxygen sensor and see if that resolves the issue.