2500 mile summary

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2002, 12:24 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2500 mile summary

Well fellas my car is 3 weeks old and has reached the 2500-mile mark. I just returned from an 1800 mile trip and thought I would share some observations of my car. The trip was from West Palm Beach Florida to Orlando, then to Grayson GA, then to B’ham AL, then back to WPB.

Positives:
First of all let me say this car is smooooth and quiet, coming from a 01 Cobra that is not saying much, but my 03 TL-S seems smoother and quieter than my 01 TL-P.

The TL-S seats are cool and comfortable for the most part but on a long trip I think I would appreciate the TL-P seats a little more. Mute point since we are getting an MDX in December and will use it for future trips.

Gas mileage is awesome, I was getting 28-29 mpg on every tank, even when climbing the mountains of Alabama.

Tranny, seemed to do some funky things when I was in Alabama but I think it was the grade logic doing its thing, which it seemed to do well. We don’t have any hills or mountains here in FL so I have not noticed the same behavior since my return to the flat land.

Automatic A/C works flawlessly, I set it and forget it, this is one of the best automatic A/Cs I have ever had.

Stereo kicks a$$ for a stock system, I’m thinking of adding a small sub to the stock system though, I saw pics here of what I want to do.

Power is awesome, I had to pass a few bozos on the highway and this baby moves when I need it to. My wife asked me what my deal was with the fast driving, I said I wanted to see what this baby could do, she replied you have been doing that for the last three days.

Anthracite, stays cleaner than I thought it would, drove it for 8 days in some rainy weather, it slept outside for that time as well and it hardly looked dirty.

Minor annoyances:
The rear seatbelts appear to be a pain in the a$$ to connect for the older crowd, my grandmother and aunt had a heck of a time with them every time they got in.

Oh Sh!t handles don’t flip back to the up position when you let go of them, I think my 01 did the same thing. A minor thing but it is annoying to me, I’m waiting for someone to hit their head on one when they get out. BTW, the MDX does not have this problem.

Overall this car is great, I can’t complain about it at all.
Old 06-12-2002, 01:08 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I also noticed the handles don't go up when I had passengers in the back seat and they left them down. I'm not a neat freak or anything, but it looks so much nicer when everything is in order and when they were down after they left the car it bothered me a little. Again, it is something so minor that I don't even care, but I guess you'd kind of expect it to flip back up. I'm at almost 1,200 miles with my anthracite '03 TL-S and am loving every minute of it.
I also have a Jeep Wrangler and used to be a big Jeep guy, but I've been neglegting her. Gotta try to give equal time to everyone.

Donny
Old 06-12-2002, 04:05 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: 2500 mile summary

Originally posted by Kramer

Automatic A/C works flawlessly, I set it and forget it, this is one of the best automatic A/Cs I have ever had.

Ain't that the truth! I know it's a minor thing, but with other cars I've had, you always needed to adjust it, expecially on those partly cloudy days where you go from sun to shade. I'd always find myself adjusting.

Not with this car. You truly do set it and forget it.