AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   2G TL (1999-2003) (https://acurazine.com/forums/2g-tl-1999-2003-98/)
-   -   2003 tl factory alarm system (https://acurazine.com/forums/2g-tl-1999-2003-98/2003-tl-factory-alarm-system-537130/)

ttran_sf 08-21-2003 02:02 PM

2003 tl factory alarm system

Does anyone know if there's an add-on alarm system that will hook up to the factory alarm system. Or if anyone knows, how to
make the factory alarm system not disarm when a key is unlocking the car? Cause it seems like, when the you use a key to unlock the door, the factory alarm seems to disarm, which in turn - will not make any noice (horn). (reason why I want to keep my factory alarm system is because the seat memory is on the factory remote and don't really want to loose that fuction if, possible. Thanks..........:confused:

TypeSDragon 08-21-2003 02:52 PM

You can add shock sensors to your factory alarm. This way any hard impact on the car will make the horn go off.

Chet03TL-S 08-21-2003 02:56 PM

Recommendations on a shock sensor add-on? Don't know which ones work or are good.

ttran_sf 08-21-2003 03:07 PM

yea i was thinking about that, bu which one will be compatible with the factory alarm. And I think, since the factory alarm disarm when a key is unlocking the car then a shock sensor would do no good.

SK2003TypeS 08-21-2003 03:08 PM

You can pick up a shock sensor at any local alarm shop. Single or dual stage. Probably around $20-$30. More info on this in the Audio Electronics forum.
http://www.acura-tl.com/forum/search...by=&sortorder=

ttran_sf 08-21-2003 05:15 PM

But what about the car key disarming the factory alarm system, anyone got any ideal on how to make the factory system not to disarm when using a key (to have only a remote will disarm the factory system). And also, on the shock sensor, how can I hook up one to the factory alarm. Thanks....

nym31mp 08-21-2003 06:17 PM

i added shock sensors to my headlights so any pounding to the front end the horn beepsd and everything flickers

gsron8teens 08-21-2003 08:57 PM

you can had alot of options to your factory system. Everything to a new siren to a remote start. You should check your local shop.

elah 08-22-2003 09:59 AM

has anyone gotten the alarm with the beeper? i have a 2k tlp with plenty of expensive toys in the inside... but with the stock alarm, not sure if thats enough. i would like to have remote start. the beeper feature is nice incase i have to walk out with a bat or something ;)

ttran_sf 08-22-2003 01:42 PM

Question for gsron8teens or anyone that knows,

Any local alarm shop or does it have to be at an acura dealer???
And thanks for the info….

gsron8teens 08-22-2003 06:21 PM

I would go to a local car stereo shop, not the dealship. I just got a 2002 TL-S and will be adding a new siren and remote start to the factory key pad. You will need to place a spare key in the dash for the remote start to work along with a bypass module. I work at a shop and am waiting to get some free money to spend before i add reomte start. I just ordered tein coilovers (900$) and need rims before nopi in september

RACINGHART03 08-22-2003 06:24 PM

I added a pager and shock sensor to the alarm. It was easy. The pager has a lilttle picture of a car on it. All you need to do is find the dome light wire to which is a black and white on a four pin harness on the pass side fuse box. That will alert you to a door being opened. A yellow and white wire on the drivers multiplex which is the wire used to let you know the shock sensor or hood has been tripped. And the lock and unlock lines out of the keyless reciever unit that arms and disarms the alarm Piece of cake.

Soo ICeY 08-13-2005 01:03 AM

Originally Posted by TypeSDragon
You can add shock sensors to your factory alarm. This way any hard impact on the car will make the horn go off.

i was trying to figure out where the factory alarm is on the 2003 acura tl-s cant find it help!!!!! thanks

khoifl 08-13-2005 02:42 AM

Originally Posted by RACINGHART03
I added a pager and shock sensor to the alarm. It was easy. The pager has a lilttle picture of a car on it. All you need to do is find the dome light wire to which is a black and white on a four pin harness on the pass side fuse box. That will alert you to a door being opened. A yellow and white wire on the drivers multiplex which is the wire used to let you know the shock sensor or hood has been tripped. And the lock and unlock lines out of the keyless reciever unit that arms and disarms the alarm Piece of cake.

More details please such as the brand of your pager, where did you get it and how much is it? DIY write-up would be nice. THank you.

JoBiggs 08-25-2007 05:13 PM

I know its old but can anyone follow up on this with more info?

fsttyms1 08-25-2007 06:05 PM

Question is why would you want the alarm to not disarm when using the key?

laidback93 08-25-2007 07:39 PM

I'm still trying to figure out why the previous owner added a flashing green light under the driver's side dash. I don't know if it serves any purpose or it's just there to tell people to go away. There doesn't appear to be an aftermarket system added. Just the light. It goes off when the car is started and comes back on after I take the key out of the ignition.

CAB NY 09-11-2007 08:04 PM

how good is the factory alarm with the shock sensor compared to a aftermarket alarm

CAB NY 09-11-2007 08:57 PM

i got the shock senor but can you add a siren to it curious if it was done

Carlos A. Flores-Santiago 01-17-2019 06:58 PM

Factory alarm

I don't have the remote for the alarm of my '03 Acura TL Type S Special Edition. But I want to bring the sensebility of the higher so it goes off with less force inpact, how can I do it, or can I do it? If so where's located?

Carlos
Providence RI