2003 acuta tl premium vs type S steering

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2017, 04:50 PM
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2002 acuta tl premium vs type S steering

Looking to by a 2002 acura tl premium. After test driving i noticed the steering is a little stiff compared to my 2004 acura tl. Is the 2002 acura tl premium stiff steering common in the 2002 acura tl premium? Thanks.

Last edited by 2Quik; 05-06-2017 at 04:57 PM.
Old 05-06-2017, 05:45 PM

Received 1,016 Likes on 867 Posts
They feel different indeed.
TL-p has a Speed Sensitive P/S Pump
TL-S has a Torque Sensitive P/S Pump

The idea is that the Speed Sensitive gives more boost depending on the Speed in the TL-p, At low speed it gives more pressure and at high speed it gives less assistance.
The Torque Sensitive in the TL-S works by Steering Input load from the wheel, Its more aggressive and Sportier but at low speed is better than the TL-p

I sincerely do not know the setup of the 3G but that is how it works on the 2G TL-p and TL-S
Old 05-06-2017, 05:57 PM
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ok great info, so the tl -p would be stiffer at slow speeds, which is where i moticed it. Just felt stiffer than my 04 acura and i wasnted to make sure it was normal. I never test drove an type s so i couldn't compare only have an 04 to compare it to.
Old 05-08-2017, 04:18 PM
Unregistered Member

Received 555 Likes on 445 Posts
Originally Posted by Skirmich
They feel different indeed.
TL-p has a Speed Sensitive P/S Pump
TL-S has a Torque Sensitive P/S Pump

The idea is that the Speed Sensitive gives more boost depending on the Speed in the TL-p, At low speed it gives more pressure and at high speed it gives less assistance.
The Torque Sensitive in the TL-S works by Steering Input load from the wheel, Its more aggressive and Sportier but at low speed is better than the TL-p

I sincerely do not know the setup of the 3G but that is how it works on the 2G TL-p and TL-S
Yea, that's what's advertised, but it's complete BS I think. I swapped from TL-P steering to TL-S steering, and the TL-S has no torque sensitive assist from the wheel. I've broken down the whole TL-S steering and there's just nothing there. The only difference seems to be the steering rack which has extra lines for the speed assist on the TL-P, and the TL-P can turn a sharper U-turn.