2003 Acura TL tire blowout torn harness

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2019, 01:58 PM
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 Acura TL tire blowout torn harness

About two days ago I had a blow out on my passenger front and to my dismay it took a good chunk of my bumper damaged my side mirror and has left me with torn and missing wires. I have no power to my head light or blinker. I tried to see if I could rewire but it looks like most of the wires were torn away so I have no idea where to even begin.

Old 01-30-2019, 02:19 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 8,582 Likes on 6,629 Posts
Ouch.. best bet might be to just buy the entire harness and start all over rather than start probing to see what's missing. Check a junkyard and pull the whole passenger side harness. ALso, was there no fender liner?!?!
Old 01-30-2019, 02:27 PM
4th Gear

Originally Posted by thoiboi
Ouch.. best bet might be to just buy the entire harness and start all over rather than start probing to see what's missing. Check a junkyard and pull the whole passenger side harness. ALso, was there no fender liner?!?!
There was a fender liner but it all got ripped to shreds I’m guessing. Sad part is that it was right as I was exiting the freeway to get to work. And I’m such a noob on the electrical stuff but where would the harness begin and where would it end? Would be something simple as in unplugging it from the junk car and plugging it in my car?
Old 01-30-2019, 02:31 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 8,582 Likes on 6,629 Posts
https://www.oemacuraparts.com/v-2003...--wire-harness

Sort of but not exactly..
Look at that diagram and see if you can make ends of it, it's plugged into to multiple places so you'll have to be diligent about which to remove and put back...
Old 01-30-2019, 02:33 PM
4th Gear

Originally Posted by thoiboi
https://www.oemacuraparts.com/v-2003...--wire-harness

Sort of but not exactly..
Look at that diagram and see if you can make ends of it, it's plugged into to multiple places so you'll have to be diligent about which to remove and put back...
Thanks man I’ll do my best but I at least know where to start now! Thanks again!
Old 01-31-2019, 12:33 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 310 Likes on 255 Posts
Hi, LKQ pick your part has a nice app for searching of compatible car parts AND for notifying when a new compatible car comes in the yard. The latter being REALLY handy if you are looking for a well sought out part.

Based on the fact that it's only a couple of lights that are missing power, it might be more worthwhile to locate the ends of the harness that are intact and splice new wiring from there to the lights. Are the connections (plugs) still present in the headlight, blinker, foglamp? I would imagine they would be...The remaining wire on that end should help you identify the colors that you need to connect to when you re-wire (you can back it up with info in the repair manual that's readily available here online) . If it's just lighting, I'm guessing it's 4-6 wires are most?