2003 Acura TL Base spark plugs

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2017, 11:29 PM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 2003 Acura TL Base spark plugs

My spark plugs are do for a change so I got some Denso iridium tt. I noticed something interesting about the plug specs. The specs for the car call for a gap of .044 but these Denso plugs come pre-gapped at .040. Will there be an issue or should I gap them at .044?
Old 09-18-2017, 01:33 AM
Unregistered Member

Received 555 Likes on 445 Posts
You should just get the correct plugs for your car. They are NGK, but I don't remember the part number.
Old 09-18-2017, 05:33 PM
Racer

Received 42 Likes on 35 Posts
Originally Posted by Chris Bogardus
My spark plugs are do for a change so I got some Denso iridium tt. I noticed something interesting about the plug specs. The specs for the car call for a gap of .044 but these Denso plugs come pre-gapped at .040. Will there be an issue or should I gap them at .044?
I was looking into those new Denso TT Spark plugs but I wouldn't use them on my TL Since their design only works with a gap of .040 or less so if you increase the gap the plug might not work as it should.

Could be the ginuea pig and try to run it with the plugs as is with the smaller gap but there's a chance that you could run into performance issues though.

ive only used the OEM NGK laser platinums with my TL and it's been burning clean since but I've always been curious of one thing.

The OEM laser platinum part# PZFR5F11
matches the specs of NGK IZFR5F11 same gap same thread pattern the only difference is that it is a Laser iridium plug. I always wondered if that would work and would run better than the OE laser platinums. Too bad I have to wait another 100k before my new Laser platinums wear out before I could find out for myself lol.