2001 Acura TL Multi- Problems....

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2018, 07:30 PM
Cruisin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question 2001 Acura TL Multi- Problems....

Vitals: 2001 Acura TL with 130,000 miles. 3.2 Vtec
History so far... The problems all started a week ago when the battery went dead. I replaced the battery.
Now, in the morning it cranks for a long time, sounds like it pops back through the throttle body. Try’s real hard then starts. Once it starts, it starts and runs fine all day.I got a code P1676 TCSDL LINE N SIGNAL/FPT DRLINE LOW STUCK. After looking on the net, it lead me to the IAC. There is an excellent example on how to cure the problem on the forum. I removed the IAC and sure enough it was stuck. I took the stepper motor off and cleaned out all the carbon until the cylinder spun freely. Reassembled it and re installed it. Same problem with the starting… I then got a P0505 code. (IDLE CONTROL SYSTEM MALFUCTION). Thinking it was probably the stepper motor that had gone bad, I bought a new IAC and installed it. Didn’t solve the problem, but the code went away. Got it started after cranking on it and took it for a short drive on the freeway. Check engine light came on. Now I got a P1519 code (ENGINE RACV WIRE/INTERNAL CIRCUIT MALFUNCTION) After reading about the code, I thought it might be the connector going to the IAC. I cleaned it and plugged it back in. Now this morning… No codes, but the same starting problem. I did get it running and it seemed ok. Drove it for a while and now the temp needle is in the red…. I took the radiator cap off, (Very slowly) checked the coolant and it is not abnormally hot. Both fans were running and when I turned the engine off, the fans turned off too. One more item; when I rev the engine up and it idles down, I hear a puff back through the throttle body when it drops to 500rpm then goes to 800rpm. I don’t know it this is normal because I don’t drive it that often. It’s the wife’s car.I know this is a bit long to read, but any help would be appreciated. I usually do all my own work on our cars, but this one’s got my goat…. Also, anyone in the Vancouver WA area that might know a good honest Acura mechanic?
Old 11-04-2018, 10:16 AM
Cruisin'

58 views and no comments... Are you all afraid to state the obvious? The car is possessed and could an exorcism.
Old 11-04-2018, 03:34 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,734 Likes on 1,391 Posts
Originally Posted by BOBSRED40
Now, in the morning it cranks for a long time, sounds like it pops back through the throttle body. Try’s real hard then starts. Once it starts, it starts and runs fine all day.I got a code P1676 TCSDL LINE N SIGNAL/FPT DRLINE LOW STUCK. After looking on the net, it lead me to the IAC.
The attachment below for the P1676 code indicates 'FPTDR Signal Line Failure-A/T Model'. It is from the Helms manual for a CL; however, it should apply to your 01 TL. Looking through the test procedure I did not see it mention anything about the IAC. On the other hand it does mention the ABS/TCS control unit and the PCM.

Good Luck!

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
P1676.pdf (69.4 KB, 68 views)
The following users liked this post:
BOBSRED40 (11-05-2018)
Old 11-04-2018, 09:11 PM
Cruisin'

Thank you, I'll tale a look. There is no code showing right now. I was told strange things happen when the battery goes dead.
Old 11-21-2018, 07:01 PM
Cruisin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by BOBSRED40
Thank you, I'll tale a look. There is no code showing right now. I was told strange things happen when the battery goes dead.

{Wishing to self\ "Battery, don't die, battery, please don't die."
Old 11-22-2018, 12:21 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by 7LPP402
{Wishing to self\ "Battery, don't die, battery, please don't die."
Cute... Real cute...
I thought I posted the solution to the problem... After reading solutions on other sites, they led me to the water temp sensor. Changed it out and it fixed the problem. First clue should have been the temp gauge moving to half way when I turned the key on. That's what lead me to the solution. After installing the new sender, the needle didn't move when I turned the key on.
I installed a Delphi Part number TS10180.
Old 11-23-2018, 06:26 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 193 Likes on 160 Posts