Window Sticker = "CVA" ???

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2007, 08:36 AM
Trailingthrottleoversteer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Window Sticker = "CVA" ???

I was perusing my local dealer last weekend and I noticed that on the roof of the parking structure - far away from the stock of cars for sale there were 3 RL's. I went over to check them out. There was a base, a tech and a CBMS/PAX models and all 3 of them had no price listed on the window sticker, Instead of a number it said "CVA"
Does anyone know what this means?

On another note, having all 3 models next to each other , I noticed that the base model RL still has the shark fin antenna - FWIW .
Old 11-20-2007, 09:38 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
CVA means Commercial Vehicle Auction. I would not touch them for any money. Probably were wrecks and/or salvage.
Old 11-20-2007, 09:43 AM
Torch & Pitchfork Posse

Received 1,806 Likes on 793 Posts
I believe it means Cash Value Added...meaning the dealer got the car from the factory with incentive to sell it for 'whatever'. The dealer has not actually bought the car from the manufacturer. By a CVA agreement the car does not add to overhead and operating cost of the dealership. The dealer may have taken delivery of the car without paying for it, and whatever fair sale they make, the purchase price from Honda will then be negotiated and paid.

This would make sense since the VIN shows 0 records. Usually there are 1 or 2 records on the VIN for a new car. Sale from the manufacturer to dealer, or to the import company than the dealer. This VIN has nadda, meaning it is technically owned by the factory.

In short... FIRE SALE.
Old 11-20-2007, 10:55 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
I remember seeing Acuras on my dealer's lot with a window sticker like this. These were the cars they used for test drives. I drove an RL like this before I bought mine.

Back in the days of the 2G Legend, I remember seeing ultra-base-model non-sunroof-equipped Legends on the lot that weren't even in the brochure. They had no price on their stickers, either.
Old 11-20-2007, 12:16 PM
Trolling Canuckistan

Received 811 Likes on 644 Posts
Whether any one chooses to believe me here is the real answer.

CVA vehicles are for District Managers, they are sent to dealers to be prepped and the District Sales Manager (or some one with a similar title) drives the car (company car). The car will be plated in the State that the DSM works in so the car will be titled. Eventually Acura will auction the car and a dealer will buy it and sellit as a CPO. They are actually very good cars to buy, they are in a dealership almost every day and their are specific rules the user must follow.

If the car were a demo specific vehicle (which Acura currently has none of the last one would have been a 07 MDX). Thye use these when they believe they have a hot product that will sell out and cause a wiating list. They give the dealers an extra car theat says "Demo Program Do Not Sell" on the window sticker where the price would be. Dealer cant sell it for 6 months or they face penalties in future allocations of vehicles. This will make sure the dealer always has a car to demo.

If it were a dealer loaner, it would say "Loaner Car" on the window sticker instead of having a price.

So in the end, you can't buy the CVA car anyway, not until it's a used car.
Old 11-20-2007, 01:11 PM
2012 Cadillac CTS-V Coupe

Received 95 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by black label

If the car were a demo specific vehicle (which Acura currently has none of the last one would have been a 07 MDX). Thye use these when they believe they have a hot product that will sell out and cause a wiating list. They give the dealers an extra car theat says "Demo Program Do Not Sell" on the window sticker where the price would be. Dealer cant sell it for 6 months or they face penalties in future allocations of vehicles. This will make sure the dealer always has a car to demo.
Yep, this was the case with the loaner MDX I got last year when they replaced my door handle. It was a TECH model and it had "DO NOT SELL" on the window sticker.
Old 11-20-2007, 01:15 PM
Torch & Pitchfork Posse

Makes sense to me.

Gee, now maybe my dealer will get some RL loaners again. Although I like to drive the other models, I have experienced them all and have become an RL 'snob'.
Old 11-20-2007, 01:36 PM
Alpha Geek

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
[QUOTE=black label]Whether any one chooses to believe me here is the real answer.

No offense, but given that RLs are not selling well, I would be more apt to view Tampa's explanation as valid. Why would they have 3 demos for a car that's not selling?
Old 11-20-2007, 01:40 PM
2012 Cadillac CTS-V Coupe

Received 95 Likes on 66 Posts
[QUOTE=lumpulus]

No offense, but given that RLs are not selling well, I would be more apt to view Tampa's explanation as valid. Why would they have 3 demos for a car that's not selling?
I don't think he's saying they're current demos. They may have been at one time, or the were Acura executive cars that will now be auctioned and sold as CPO.
Old 11-20-2007, 01:52 PM
Trolling Canuckistan

Originally Posted by GoHawks
I don't think he's saying they're current demos. They may have been at one time, or the were Acura executive cars that will now be auctioned and sold as CPO.
Close, I'm saying they are awaiting to be prepped for the exec's to come pick them up (6-12 months from now they will be sold at auction).

If they were dedicated loaners, it would say "loaner program".

Acura currently does not have any dedicated demo vehicles (test drive) at this point. It is up to the dealers to pick a vehicle out of their inventory. When they get a "demo program" car, it is on top of their regular allocation of vehicles.
Old 11-20-2007, 01:56 PM
Torch & Pitchfork Posse

The VIN # that is depicted in the sticker has 0 records. It would have had to be transferred to a dealer or some entity to have ever been used or owned by anyone (including a dealer). When you bought your RL new it likley had 2 VIN records...one for the exporter / importer (HNA) and one for the dealer who purchased the car to be sold by them. O record reflects it is still 'owned' by the factory / manufacturer.

A 0 record VIN is, in essence still a factory car with no useage or ownership change. That is my understanding.

And that would allow for use of corporate cars, even demos, show models and loaners. Afterwards they would have VIN records.
Old 11-20-2007, 02:02 PM
Trolling Canuckistan

Run a car fax on the VIN in 2 months and you'll see it registered to Honda Lease Trust.
Old 11-20-2007, 03:10 PM
Trolling Canuckistan

FTR "CVA" =company vehicle administration
Old 11-20-2007, 05:45 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
Found this on the Internet: MSRP Price NOT Listed on Window Sticker by vlado1 on Sat Jul 15 17:25:32 PDT 2006 I went to purchase my "new" 2006 Civic Hybrid today at Salinas, CA Honda. To my dismay the sticker was removed from the window and was resting on the rear seat, in addition there was no price listed on the sticker, it only had "cva" written instead of the actual $22,700 sticker price. I have asked a few other dealers about this and received less than adequate explanations, the majority mentioned this was a car intended to be a demo unit. All of them told me not to buy this car and I followed their recommendations. Any thoughts on this one, sounds like a scam and that this dealer could actually be fined for this
Old 11-20-2007, 06:21 PM
Trolling Canuckistan

[QUOTE=lumpulus]

None taken, but feel free to go back and actually read what I posted. They aren't demo cars, they are factory exec cars.

I also mentioned the last time that Acura gave dealers dedicated demos was the 2007 MDX.