Notices

Where to find a 2010-2012 RL?

 
Old 05-11-2019, 05:05 PM
  #1  
Registered Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 108
Likes: 0
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Where to find a 2010-2012 RL?

Live in the SF bay area and none are for sale currently. Would prefer a 2012. Currently have a 2016 TLX but find the RL more comfortable...
bigcocoon is offline  
The following users liked this post:
pcloadletter (05-13-2019)
Old 05-11-2019, 10:07 PM
  #2  
Registered Member
 
rl015's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Age: 39
Posts: 541
Received 78 Likes on 64 Posts
Originally Posted by bigcocoon View Post
Live in the SF bay area and none are for sale currently. Would prefer a 2012. Currently have a 2016 TLX but find the RL more comfortable...
joking right?
rl015 is offline  
Old 05-11-2019, 11:52 PM
  #3  
Registered Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 108
Likes: 0
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Joking about what? There is none for sale within a 75 mile radius and this is a very densely populated area
bigcocoon is offline  
Old 05-13-2019, 01:09 PM
  #4  
Registered Member
 
rl015's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Age: 39
Posts: 541
Received 78 Likes on 64 Posts
Originally Posted by bigcocoon View Post
Joking about what? There is none for sale within a 75 mile radius and this is a very densely populated area
I am sure you searched yourself on AutoTrader.com, CarGurus.com, etc type of websites, and naturally, none were found. So the suggestion would be to expand the radius miles until you get a hit... even better, remove any "condition" related to the radius, because it is hard to find one not because it is super special, but because these cars have not sold a lot during these years of production...

LMGTFY

So, your only way of finding one is - remove the limitation of radius and once you find it, fly out, bring it home and there you go - if it's that important to get this car... which I would not recommend based on 3.7 liter that is known for burning oil - but then again, perhaps that does not bother you ...
rl015 is offline  
Old 05-13-2019, 06:28 PM
  #5  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 350
Received 91 Likes on 61 Posts
I miss my 2009 RL and would prefer to have a clean RL over any TSX.
pcloadletter is offline  
The following users liked this post:
rl015 (05-14-2019)
Old 05-13-2019, 08:07 PM
  #6  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 1,070
Received 77 Likes on 63 Posts
Originally Posted by bigcocoon View Post
Live in the SF bay area and none are for sale currently. Would prefer a 2012. Currently have a 2016 TLX but find the RL more comfortable...
Are you going to sell the 2016 TLX to buy an older RL? That would be somewhat ridiculous and wasteful, IMO.

I do like my 2006 RL. It's a great car that still drives like new. Of course, mine only has about 75k miles on it.
schen72 is offline  
Old 05-13-2019, 08:16 PM
  #7  
WTF?
 
Midnight Mystery's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Mississippi Coast (But not for much longer)
Age: 22
Posts: 5,137
Received 295 Likes on 264 Posts
Originally Posted by schen72 View Post
Are you going to sell the 2016 TLX to buy an older RL? That would be somewhat ridiculous and wasteful, IMO.

I do like my 2006 RL. It's a great car that still drives like new. Of course, mine only has about 75k miles on it.

No. It's still an upgrade... Age isn't everything when it comes to refinement...
Midnight Mystery is offline  
Old 05-13-2019, 11:15 PM
  #8  
Senior Moderator
 
Ken1997TL's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Better Neighborhood, Arizona
Posts: 45,457
Received 2,161 Likes on 1,232 Posts
The RL's are all in Phoenix.
Ken1997TL is offline  
The following users liked this post:
rl015 (05-14-2019)
Old 05-14-2019, 12:06 AM
  #9  
WTF?
 
Midnight Mystery's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Mississippi Coast (But not for much longer)
Age: 22
Posts: 5,137
Received 295 Likes on 264 Posts
Originally Posted by Ken1997TL View Post
The RL's are all in Phoenix.
Same can be said for the Acura Legend...
Midnight Mystery is offline  
Old 05-15-2019, 11:34 PM
  #10  
Senior Moderator
 
Ken1997TL's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Better Neighborhood, Arizona
Posts: 45,457
Received 2,161 Likes on 1,232 Posts
Originally Posted by Midnight Mystery View Post
Same can be said for the Acura Legend...
Can confirm this
Ken1997TL is offline  
Old 05-16-2019, 11:21 AM
  #11  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 1,070
Received 77 Likes on 63 Posts
Originally Posted by Midnight Mystery View Post
No. It's still an upgrade... Age isn't everything when it comes to refinement...
No, I actually meant, you would sell a 2016 car (and take a huge bath on depreciation) to get an RL? People should just keep the car thought bought.
schen72 is offline  
Old 05-16-2019, 05:57 PM
  #12  
WTF?
 
Midnight Mystery's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Mississippi Coast (But not for much longer)
Age: 22
Posts: 5,137
Received 295 Likes on 264 Posts
Originally Posted by schen72 View Post
No, I actually meant, you would sell a 2016 car (and take a huge bath on depreciation) to get an RL? People should just keep the car thought bought.

I had a 2008 TL and traded it for a 2011 Kia... I don't owe anything on it but did put a lot of money into it when I got it.... Only problem is I hate driving it. It's nit what I wanted at all and I'd be much happier with my TL baxk to be honest...


Point is, if he still likes his TLX there is purpose in keeping it, but if he totally hates it, then it needs to go.
Midnight Mystery is offline  
Old 05-16-2019, 09:01 PM
  #13  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 1,070
Received 77 Likes on 63 Posts
Originally Posted by Midnight Mystery View Post
I had a 2008 TL and traded it for a 2011 Kia... I don't owe anything on it but did put a lot of money into it when I got it.... Only problem is I hate driving it. It's nit what I wanted at all and I'd be much happier with my TL baxk to be honest...


Point is, if he still likes his TLX there is purpose in keeping it, but if he totally hates it, then it needs to go.
Well, I guess if money isn't an issue, then sure. But if you're not wealthy, changing cars often is a good way to never become wealthy.
schen72 is offline  
Old 05-16-2019, 09:12 PM
  #14  
WTF?
 
Midnight Mystery's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Mississippi Coast (But not for much longer)
Age: 22
Posts: 5,137
Received 295 Likes on 264 Posts
Originally Posted by schen72 View Post
Well, I guess if money isn't an issue, then sure. But if you're not wealthy, changing cars often is a good way to never become wealthy.

In my case, I've just been even trading them or just putting a little down with the trade.
Midnight Mystery is offline  
Old 05-17-2019, 06:16 PM
  #15  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 1,070
Received 77 Likes on 63 Posts
Originally Posted by Midnight Mystery View Post
In my case, I've just been even trading them or just putting a little down with the trade.
I guess if you trade "down" to an older car that is worth less, then you're not spending any real money to do so, except maybe maintenance on an older car that is more "worn out."
schen72 is offline  
Old 05-17-2019, 07:18 PM
  #16  
WTF?
 
Midnight Mystery's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Mississippi Coast (But not for much longer)
Age: 22
Posts: 5,137
Received 295 Likes on 264 Posts
Originally Posted by schen72 View Post
I guess if you trade "down" to an older car that is worth less, then you're not spending any real money to do so, except maybe maintenance on an older car that is more "worn out."

I plan to trade to an older car that has fewer miles with a better reliability track record...
Midnight Mystery is offline  
 
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
TLDR2012
4G TL Problems & Fixes
1
10-16-2016 10:27 AM
mrphilipanderson
Fourth Generation TL (2009-2014)
19
04-25-2016 12:56 PM
6SpeedTA95
Fourth Generation TL (2009-2014)
30
03-19-2013 08:45 PM
MoaarLow
Second Generation TSX Discussion (2009-2014)
2
03-08-2012 07:52 PM
Jayz4Dayz
Fourth Generation TL (2009-2014)
0
12-17-2011 09:44 PM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Where to find a 2010-2012 RL?


Contact Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.