VSA, ShAWD, CMBS, ACC lights on

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2017, 01:47 PM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
VSA, ShAWD, CMBS, ACC lights on

I bought this Acura RL 2012 model about 3 years ago. The VSA, ShAWD, CMBS, ACC lights come on frequently and there are instances when I drove the car for over 4 hours without any of the lights coming on.

A recent scan came up with the following error messages
1. U0104: Lost communication with Adaptive Cruise Control System (ACC) control module
2. B2135 A/T reverse signal error
3. B2137 Right AFS gearbox motor signal error.

In spite of all these, the car still runs smoothly.

Does anyone have any clue how to rectify these faults display.
Old 05-11-2017, 02:02 PM

Received 612 Likes on 490 Posts
How old is the battery? These cars eat batteries and random electronic faults can often be attributed to that.
Old 05-11-2017, 03:23 PM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The battery is new - the problem has been there for a while
Old 05-15-2017, 07:42 AM
Advanced

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts
I have a 2006 RL that had a very similar problem but a slightly different set of faults. It was also very random. One time it went away for 4 months. Turned out to be the VSA/ABS modulator. Would have cost $3000+ at the dealer. Thanks to this messageboard found a salvage part on EBay and swapped it out myself. Problem went away completely. This thread is very detailed and should be easy to find searching for my message board name. Might be worth considering. It was intermittent and finally went to dealer. They also thought everything pointed to this module, but said it was too expensive of a part to replace until it was a repeatable fault. Turned out to be at fault, not the battery.
Old 02-23-2018, 01:24 PM
Pro

Received 76 Likes on 52 Posts
Sorry to resurrect. I am having the same problem however I'm almost sure it was my battery which I've changed. I took out the old one and replaced under warranty. I got a brand new battery but before I put it in I took out the old one for an hour (extreme I know but wanted to be sure). I put the new one in and all the lights are back on. Is there a way to reset something or reset them individually?
Old 02-23-2018, 04:03 PM
Pro

So things are looking better. I only have the AFS and ACC light. I have a feeling these are legit problems as my ODB2 reader pics up nothing. I will search the forums to try and resolve. I did notice my ABS was kicking in a couple times when I let my foot off the gas after starting up initially however it stopped and the light came off.
Old 03-14-2018, 05:08 AM
Pro

I forgot to respond. After driving for a bit and by that I mean a total of maybe a total of 12 hrs, everything came off. Culprit was the battery.
Old 03-20-2018, 12:42 PM
Racer

Received 42 Likes on 39 Posts
I think I have been able to 'cause' this fault, by being too hasty in starting the car!

If I pause at 'ign' until the steering column has settled and all the FREDs have booted, it's fine. If I interrupt the boot by engaging the starter motor and thus shorting everything, I can cause the 'Airplane disaster movie' dash to start a few moments later. Normally just as I drive off...

The car is not pleasant to drive with the SH-AWD not working...

Anyway, a ctrl+alt+del and re-starting it patiently seems to cure it.

I wonder if any of you are able to replicate it?