Rattle / vibration

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2018, 03:47 PM
Fk no!TheyldstroyEvrthing

Received 226 Likes on 191 Posts
Rattle / vibration

Anyone ever feel a little rattle, or vibration, coming from the left corner of the dash? It increases with rpm, even if radio is off. It also can be heard due to a song with good level of bass.

It's not a whine. It's as if there some plastic vibrating. It's also not constant.
Old 12-20-2018, 01:30 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 259 Likes on 183 Posts
Originally Posted by RL09
Anyone ever feel a little rattle, or vibration, coming from the left corner of the dash? It increases with rpm, even if radio is off. It also can be heard due to a song with good level of bass.

It's not a whine. It's as if there some plastic vibrating. It's also not constant.
In that specific spot no noise in my RL... however, if it's cold outside like in Chicagoland, materials shrink and that may cause rattle - or get rid of them... same goes with summer warmer weather, materials expand so that may cause or get rid of some rattles.
All in all if it's ocassional I would not sweat it too much, or you can also try to identify by pressing whether the noise can be eliminated - pressing in one spot perhaps calls for inserting a piece of sponge to insulate the two pieces perhaps causing the rattle.
The following users liked this post:
RL09 (12-20-2018)
Old 12-20-2018, 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by rl015
In that specific spot no noise in my RL... however, if it's cold outside like in Chicagoland, materials shrink and that may cause rattle - or get rid of them... same goes with summer warmer weather, materials expand so that may cause or get rid of some rattles.
All in all if it's ocassional I would not sweat it too much, or you can also try to identify by pressing whether the noise can be eliminated - pressing in one spot perhaps calls for inserting a piece of sponge to insulate the two pieces perhaps causing the rattle.
I've been trying to press against the dash, the vents, the door handle... It's been two days now it's gone. But when it's there.... it's annoying.
Old 12-27-2018, 03:07 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 259 Likes on 183 Posts
Yeah, most rattles are like that as we all know hahaha... if you take it to the dealer, it'll be "cannot replicate", see ya later...
The following users liked this post:
RL09 (12-27-2018)
Old 12-27-2018, 04:16 PM

What dealer..... he'll recommend changing the dashboard! lol And the door liner if he can.

It came back yesterday for a bit... it's like a strong bee buzz. Get's stronger with a good bass on the audio system, but still is there if audio is off. I pressed everything....

I do think you're right on the temperature changes. so, it's something to endure in changing weather, until one day....

Was hoping someone also experience that left dash corner buzz and ended up finding out what it was.
Old 12-28-2018, 06:27 AM
Racer

Received 42 Likes on 39 Posts
Sounds more like a door casing issue than a dash issue.

I had to put loads of Velcro backing around the wood bits, around the side air vents where they slide into the HVAC pipes and the centre console to make mine silent.

Given the noise-cancelling software, it's even more irritating than it otherwise would be.

Actually, didn't someone here actually have a problem with the ANC, so that it was emitting a buzz instead of a reverse wave?
Old 12-28-2018, 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by Blues Legend
Sounds more like a door casing issue than a dash issue.

I had to put loads of Velcro backing around the wood bits, around the side air vents where they slide into the HVAC pipes and the centre console to make mine silent.

Given the noise-cancelling software, it's even more irritating than it otherwise would be.

Actually, didn't someone here actually have a problem with the ANC, so that it was emitting a buzz instead of a reverse wave?
Yea, It's dead in the corner. I think I narrowed down two possibilities:

1. The little metal screen on the tweeter is pushed a bit inside. The body shop didn't assemble that very well last summer it seems. So, I'll need to put a thin tool in and try to pull it out into place.

2. the more likely cause, cause it would be indeed in the corner, is that side-view mirror. Check this out:https://acurazine.com/forums/second-...on-fix-740334/ That too seems to not have been assembled - or tightened - well. Gonna try it.

3. Of course, if i hear it before then, i gonna try and disable the ANC to see if it does it.