AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   2G RL (2005-2012) (https://acurazine.com/forums/2g-rl-2005-2012-76/)
-   -   Subtle whistle (https://acurazine.com/forums/2g-rl-2005-2012-76/subtle-whistle-980837/)

RL09 07-08-2019 11:02 AM

Subtle whistle

Driving downtown with windows down, passenger side, there's a little whistle. It's not a whine, or speed related. I drove near a building wall, and from the passenger side you can hear it.

My first guess was something around the tirres, behind the tires...

Anyone had something like this?

RL09 07-10-2019 05:11 PM

This whistle is even if the car is in neutral running down a slope. However, in reverse gear it's not there, once back going forward, its heard. It's on the right side.

It's like some kind of a bearing, or a rubber somewhere became thin.... I just do not know what possibilities it can be.

Any ideas?

deepa1600 07-11-2019 12:45 AM

It could be the loose windshield moulding near A pillar on right side.

Midnight Mystery 07-11-2019 03:01 AM

Maybe, if your lucky, a turbo is starting to grow! :D

RL09 07-11-2019 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by deepa1600 (Post 16451578)
It could be the loose windshield moulding near A pillar on right side.

That needs some speed right? Coz it's really on very slow, like barely moving... backwards no whistle, forward, yes. If I open my driver window against a wall, i dont hear it, maybe barrrrellyyyy.. but on passenger side, i can hear a whistle. Feels like middle to font... maybe front whee..

Originally Posted by Midnight Mystery (Post 16451589)
Maybe, if your lucky, a turbo is starting to grow! :D

Not that kinda whistle :shrug:

grappler171 08-01-2019 09:04 AM

I don’t want to freak you out, but the drive shaft howl people talk about can start off like a whistle before it gets worse. Now if it was the drive shaft bearing normally it occurs at certain speeds only until it gets very bad and u can hear it with the windows up and from either side of the cockpit. This is probably NOT your issue, but at least u could rule it out. Also, check out your splash guards around the front passenger wheel well. Maybe a clip or two broke and it’s hanging making a whistle. Idk otherwise.

RL09 08-05-2019 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by grappler171 (Post 16461280)
I don’t want to freak you out, but the drive shaft howl people talk about can start off like a whistle before it gets worse. Now if it was the drive shaft bearing normally it occurs at certain speeds only until it gets very bad and u can hear it with the windows up and from either side of the cockpit. This is probably NOT your issue, but at least u could rule it out. Also, check out your splash guards around the front passenger wheel well. Maybe a clip or two broke and it’s hanging making a whistle. Idk otherwise.

Thanks. Yea, I'm not sure it's that cause it's on one side (passenger). I recently noticed it get slightly louder if i press the brakes. But pads are thick enough. Feels like something in the wheel, either front or back; but seems more front.