AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   2G RL (2005-2012) (https://acurazine.com/forums/2g-rl-2005-2012-76/)
-   -   Power steering pump 07 RL (https://acurazine.com/forums/2g-rl-2005-2012-76/power-steering-pump-07-rl-979821/)

Nescu777 05-26-2019 09:16 PM

Power steering pump 07 RL

Hi everyone
Quick question if anyone ever had to replace the power steering pump, what did u guys use for after market or what did u do, because the original part is like $900 and I don't have the money to get a original part
Thank you

projektvertx 05-26-2019 11:38 PM

I've usually had good luck with AC Cardone units (Not to be confused with Cardone units which are reman'ed units). Cardone units would be the next best alternative :)

MrVtech 05-29-2019 10:50 AM

Not too difficult to rebuild these. If it's just leaking replace the seals. If u had difficult steering at idle need to replace. Some Hondas had weak at idle ps pumps.blades weren't machined well or something

MrVtech 05-29-2019 10:57 AM

Haven't had good luck with after market brands.
They are all sub standard. Better to buy original from junk yard then deal with after market replacements every 6 months. Plus u need to be aggressive and really pressure advance Auto parts managers to give u refund for garbage they sold u or else...
Engine mounts, brake calipers all scrap metal. Incorrect machining , super cheap rubber.

Takes years and years of trying various aftermarket parts and then u realize you waste a lot of time and money. I used to be super aftermarket save money guy. Now oem only. Unless it's a proven aftermarket brand. Only hand full of such brands

projektvertx 06-01-2019 07:38 AM

Originally Posted by MrVtech (Post 16432262)
Haven't had good luck with after market brands.
They are all sub standard. Better to buy original from junk yard then deal with after market replacements every 6 months. Plus u need to be aggressive and really pressure advance Auto parts managers to give u refund for garbage they sold u or else...
Engine mounts, brake calipers all scrap metal. Incorrect machining , super cheap rubber.

Takes years and years of trying various aftermarket parts and then u realize you waste a lot of time and money. I used to be super aftermarket save money guy. Now oem only. Unless it's a proven aftermarket brand. Only hand full of such brands

I agree. That's why I didn't even recommend anything else. Cardone is borderline sketch because it's rebuilt.

stevieray 06-01-2019 09:45 PM

Buy the seal kit (P/N 06530-RJA-005) for $16 and either have the dealer do the rebuild or take it to a competent independent Honda/Acura shop. Had the dealer do mine for $241, beat $1200 for a new pump. The dealer's not going to tell you that's an option unless you press them because they make a helluva lot more money by selling new or refurb PS pumps as opposed to seal kits and labor to rebuild.

truonghthe 06-11-2019 09:03 AM

just buy the O-rings and rebuilt it yourself, 90 mins from start to finish and it was my 1st time along with flush the entire PS fluid from the system.