Passenger door won't open from inside or outside

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2017, 12:42 AM
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Passenger door won't open from inside or outside

Hello:

Maybe there's a thread out there about this problem but I guess I haven't look hard enough. Anyways, here's my problem.....

A few days ago I was working with my speakers because the previous owner of my KB1 decided to messed up all the wiring putting some aftermarket speakers and ruining the elegant Bose speaker system. Anyways my suspicions were right about a blown tweeter so I removed it and replace it with a OEM Bose tweeter. So I put back the door panel and everything was working right. All of the sudden, the door won't open from the inside nor the outside. You can feel resistant of the cable from both sides and the door lock works although sometimes it won't lock with the keyfob. I have to manually lock it in order to engage the security system. But this last problem it's been happening even before me dealing with the speakers. The thing that worries me is the fact that I can't open the passenger door and I've been hesitant of trying to take the door panel off with the door closed. That's a lot of $$$$$ being a stake in just one door panel. Any tips or help on what might be going on? Thanks

and my apologies if there's really a thread about this already.
Old 05-13-2017, 08:39 AM

Received 612 Likes on 490 Posts
I think the cables that are attached to the door handle on the inside probably slid off?
Old 05-13-2017, 10:06 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by projektvertx
I think the cables that are attached to the door handle on the inside probably slid off?
I've been thinking the same thing. But how can I open the door tho? Is it possible to take out the door panel with the door closed without damaging it? 🤔
Old 05-13-2017, 10:49 AM
Intermediate

***Update***

So.....my impatient self went on to try and open the door trying to pry the door panel a lil bit because my suspicions were true that you can't take the door panel out with the door closed. Anyways, I pulled the door panel a lil bit and started to hear cracking noises, I immediately let go of the panel. Determined as I am, I tried for a second time. This time I managed to see the cables and noticed that the cable is still attached. So really idk what's going on in there. The kicker is that I just saw a lil bit of it. Maybe is really not hooked completely but for that I have to push harder on the panel and than means more cracking noises and this guy freaking out trying not to break anything. I have a tendency of using brutal force and braking things 😩😑 That's all for now.
Old 06-07-2017, 10:22 PM
Intermediate

***UPDATE***

I managed to opened the door!!!

How I did it?

Pulled the panel a lil further this time (no cracking sound) then I put a flashlight I had to hold he panel in place, put some Vaseline in my hand and reached for the cable. After opening the door and taking the panel out to checked what happened, I find out that while the cable was still attached to the handle lock, the nipple that is suppose to be in the metal plate wasn't sitted completely and the plastic that secure both cable was open.

That is all. ✌🏻
Old 11-29-2017, 09:35 AM
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Im having a similar problem, the drivers side rear door wont open and the lock wont move either. There doesn't seem to be any resistance in the handles either the inside or outside.
Old 11-29-2017, 09:43 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 8,582 Likes on 6,629 Posts
Originally Posted by GASKICKER
Im having a similar problem, the drivers side rear door wont open and the lock wont move either. There doesn't seem to be any resistance in the handles either the inside or outside.

The arm has physically disconnected inside the door from the door latch
The following users liked this post:
projektvertx (11-29-2017)
Old 12-02-2017, 06:43 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by vtecinside69
***UPDATE***

I managed to opened the door!!!

How I did it?

Pulled the panel a lil further this time (no cracking sound) then I put a flashlight I had to hold he panel in place, put some Vaseline in my hand and reached for the cable. After opening the door and taking the panel out to checked what happened, I find out that while the cable was still attached to the handle lock, the nipple that is suppose to be in the metal plate wasn't sitted completely and the plastic that secure both cable was open.

That is all. ✌🏻
I have a couple questions for you:
- Did the lock on the inside panel by the handle move at all?
- Did both the inside and outside handles move?

thanks
Old 12-27-2017, 04:34 PM
Instructor

any thoughts on opening a rear door that is stuck shut? the inside lock wont move and is in the locked position. both the inside and outside handles move.
Do i just tear the panel off all together? It would probably take a saw as it is a really tight fit.