AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   2G RL (2005-2012) (https://acurazine.com/forums/2g-rl-2005-2012-76/)
-   -   Not the best way to begin April... (https://acurazine.com/forums/2g-rl-2005-2012-76/not-best-way-begin-april-968718/)

brinox 04-06-2018 12:30 PM

Not the best way to begin April...

I will now be a former KB1 owner after a bad collision last Easter Sunday... Winter weather moved in during our family brunch and I ended up being in the wrong place at the wrong time! A pickup truck lost control on the highway not too far in front of me and I t-boned the driver's side pretty hard, and then a Jeep t-boned the same truck after me. The good news is no one was seriously hurt at all, and we all walked away from the crash. Sadly however, my 2007 RL is all but officially totaled. The liability investigation deemed the truck driver at fault which is good for me, but I only had the car paid off for about 18 months before this. I'm VERY sad that my RL has been ripped from my fingertips but I'm still relieved that it wasn't worse. I've been in quite a bit worse with my bicycle!!

I also grabbed some uber important items that I had the originals packed away in a box. The very sought after genuine wood-grain shift knob and navigation unit will be showing up in the for sale section before the end of the weekend. If you're interested, please PM me so that I know!

Anyway, here's a toast to this great community!

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/acurazi...4ebd333aef.jpg
https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/acurazi...a7ceef3d3c.jpg

Those SWEET MDX rims!

RL09 04-06-2018 04:29 PM

Wow. glad you're ok, and no one got hurt.

Hope you get a good cheque to get a new one.

rlerman 04-06-2018 06:20 PM

That’s sucks, glad everyone was ok. My worst fear on the road is the actions of others.

If if you want to replace your rl, my 05 is for sale.

projektvertx 04-06-2018 10:04 PM

Ouch!! Glad everyone is OK!!

I'm always impressed by how well the ACE body structure holds up in these types of collisions. Seems like the energy of the impact was very well distributed and doesn't look like much shifted after the fender!!

HDNBenjamin 04-07-2018 04:05 PM

Glad you're okay. What will you replace the RL with?

teh CL 04-07-2018 05:03 PM

:sad:

Walfunk 04-09-2018 08:35 AM

Sorry for the accident. Glad you made it out ok. It seems like you have the rear deck spoiler/lip. I call dibs if you are selling that. Cool? Thanks!

brinox 04-09-2018 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by HDNBenjamin (Post 16214831)
Glad you're okay. What will you replace the RL with?

At the moment a '15/'16 TLX Tech is the leading replacement option. I drove a graphite luster one in town yesterday and will be driving 150 miles to take a strong look at a burgundy TLX Tech with half the miles. If only insurance didn't work so slowly!

SykVSyx 04-10-2018 08:29 AM

Always hate to hear about these collisions, but thankfully everyone came out ok, great to hear.

Sorry to see the car end up like that.

Are you planning to get any other parts off it?

Interested in the front calipers and the rims, but I know those aren't usually items you get get.

titomang 04-11-2018 10:18 AM

Hey Brinox, sorry to hear what happened. Glad you're ok. I know you loved that thing and it was looking real nice too. TLX would be a good choice as well but another low mileage one would be even better....:thumbsup:

brinox 04-16-2018 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by titomang (Post 16216759)
Hey Brinox, sorry to hear what happened. Glad you're ok. I know you loved that thing and it was looking real nice too. TLX would be a good choice as well but another low mileage one would be even better....:thumbsup:

Eh, the RL was showing its age technologically for me. Bluetooth audio streaming from my phone is a a huge necessity for me now, even with the AUX <=> Bluetooth A2DP adapters out there, I just don't want to deal with aftermarket crap anymore. Also, the number of times I actually utilized the SH-AWD numbers less than 10 in 60k miles of ownership, so I'm looking at FWD TLX's right now. All things considered, I'd rather have a newer Acura than the former pride of the fleet RL.

jaetee 04-17-2018 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by brinox (Post 16219390)
Eh, the RL was showing its age technologically for me. Bluetooth audio streaming from my phone is a a huge necessity for me now, even with the AUX <=> Bluetooth A2DP adapters out there, I just don't want to deal with aftermarket crap anymore. Also, the number of times I actually utilized the SH-AWD numbers less than 10 in 60k miles of ownership, so I'm looking at FWD TLX's right now. All things considered, I'd rather have a newer Acura than the former pride of the fleet RL.

Sorry to hear about your accident... Glad you survived unscathed!

I have a loaner 2018 TLX from the dealer right now as my 2010 RL is getting new airbags and diagnostic to see what the issue is with my ACC/CMBS. The 2018 TLX is nice, but the driving dynamics and general feel of the car are not as nice as my almost 9-year old RL.

I can't wait to get my 2010 RL back. The angular design of the newer cars does not appeal to me either. Design elements on the hood keep pulling my eyes away from the road. Yuck. I'd be looking at a used 2014 RLX in your shoes. Is it just me, or does it seem that the RL class cars depreciate much more and a bit faster than the TL class cars?