New to the RL

Old 04-29-2009, 12:35 AM
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New to the RL

Hey all,
I'm new here, want to say hello and ask for some help. Just bought an 05 RL and so far, luv'n it. Looking for rims and classy mod ideas. (no 20's, no neon , etc). Thanx in advance.

Islandave...
Old 04-29-2009, 11:50 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 134 Likes on 66 Posts
A-Spec underbody spoiler..... wood steering wheel/shift nob
Old 04-29-2009, 12:13 PM
Safety Car

Received 38 Likes on 29 Posts
Originally Posted by islandave
Hey all,
I'm new here, want to say hello and ask for some help. Just bought an 05 RL and so far, luv'n it. Looking for rims and classy mod ideas. (no 20's, no neon , etc). Thanx in advance.

Islandave...
18's have the widest variety, but more importantly, the widest and least expensive selection of high performance or OEM type touring tires...19's have little choice. 20" tires are on average, less expensive and more widely available than 19's in our size...go figure.

Use the google search feature to dig through the site. Go to Google, type in the search box

site://rl.acurazine.com [insert search terms]

for example: site://rl.acurazine.com dst patch

and you will get threads on the daylight savings time software patch.

Vary the terms, of course, for wheels of different sorts. Start with 18" wheels as a term

Look also at the Tire Rack for a quick show.
Old 04-29-2009, 12:18 PM
Chapter Leader (Chicago)

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts
well don't know how flexible you are with your car. or the laws in your state. but i would def put tints on the car...

and i agree psheu...
i'd put wood shift knob to match the interior...

i'd also drop the car a little bit and find some sweet as rims. if you can't find them. i am personally looking for rims my self if you go to thread.. you will see the rims am looking at. need help.

but overall the car you have is sweet and you will have a blast.
Old 04-29-2009, 03:25 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 4,612 Likes on 2,193 Posts
Welcome to AZ! You'll get lots of mod ideas here. I'm going to move your thread into the main RL forum for more exposure.
Old 05-02-2009, 02:05 AM
4th Gear

Thank you all. I plan to get the tints done next week and hopefully order rims tomorrow. Looks like 18in TSW Jarama in hyper silver. I am beginning to learn all the electronics and they are mind boggling. I'll do some more searching to see what's next.

Islandave...
Old 05-02-2009, 09:53 AM
Safety Car

Received 38 Likes on 29 Posts
Originally Posted by islandave
...Looks like 18in TSW Jarama in hyper silver...
Islandave...
Enjoy the car!

As usual, check on fitment of the Jarama for the RL, due to the large front calipers. You want to at least talk to TSW and/or get a guarantee from your retailer about return if it rubs. The Jarama looks as if it should fit, but TSW does not list it as a match in their web site....which may be more a matter of update to the application tool than anything else.

Make sure you get TPMS installed in the wheels and the fit is hubcentric, most likely with a centering ring.

Pics of the tint and whatever you do with the wheels and other mods.

Have you had a chance to drive it outside the city on some twisty roads? Have you played with the different driving techniques that optimize the use of SH-AWD...you can almost feel a power oversteer situation going on when you accelerate out of a curve...or at least I think I can!
Old 05-02-2009, 10:30 AM
4th Gear

Thanks for the info Chas2. I use America's Tire and their website lists a fit. The treat me well with return issues and seem to know what they're doing. I have had Acuras in the past (1st and 2nd gen Integra and 1st gen Legend coupe). I know hubcentric is crucial. Haven't been able to really drive it yet, but so far so good. I'm off this week, the wet weather should dry soon and I can go for a "ride".

Search this Thread