AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   2G RL (2005-2012) (https://acurazine.com/forums/2g-rl-2005-2012-76/)
-   -   New Acura RL '05 owner. (https://acurazine.com/forums/2g-rl-2005-2012-76/new-acura-rl-05-owner-965990/)

RListhecar 01-08-2018 03:54 PM

New Acura RL '05 owner.

Hey RL community!

I've recently purchased a 2005 Acura RL with 48000 miles. Not the top color choice burgundy over parchment but it was a great deal. The car was serviced only at the local dealer and I've continued the trend with new tires, new low beam bulbs and all fluid changes.
So far I've encountered two issues, one is the whine around 30mph during cold days which seems pretty common and I can live with since it's really minor and goes away after driving it for a while.
The second problem that worries me a bit is that my screen will freeze while in A/C or Audio option on the navi screen. It happens randomly and I can't unfreeze it unless I restart the car.I wanted to see if anyone has experience with the issue?

I really love the car and I plan to keep it for a while I will also post some pictures of it later on.
I plan to build this car even though I never did it but I am getting some ideas from this awesome community.
Before I do any modifications I want to make sure that the RL is in great shape in stock condition.

I look forward to sharing my RL experience with you and I am thankful for any advice you might give me!

rlerman 01-08-2018 04:42 PM

Welcome, youve got a great car.

Maybe try to clean the disk in the trunk to address the freezing issue, can’t recall if that affects anything.

the whine at 30 could be the prop shaft bearing, more of an annoyance than anything else.

RListhecar 01-08-2018 05:19 PM

Thank you for your answer I'll try cleaning the disk.
It started to happen the same day I activated my XM subscription, I don't know if that's just a coincidence or not.

HDNBenjamin 01-08-2018 09:22 PM

welcome aboard! Regarding the whine..turn up the radio volume. works every time for me!

teh CL 01-09-2018 09:38 AM

:pics:

RListhecar 01-09-2018 10:37 AM

5 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by teh CL (Post 16161462)
:pics:

Can't fight the truth so here they come :toocool:

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/acurazi...16f08f616e.jpgmy RL and my wife's ILX.
https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/acurazi...0e551e2e2c.jpgFirst snow :)
https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/acurazi...692e12e96b.jpg
https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/acurazi...bfec221f39.jpg
https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/acurazi...34c55e08d8.jpg

teh CL 01-09-2018 11:00 AM

Love the colour. Have yet to see one out in the wild.. :bored:

RListhecar 01-09-2018 12:04 PM

I was a little hesitant when I first saw the color but I just couldn't pass on a car like this and am starting to like the color now.
I will put more pictures as I add stuff to it, plan is to tint it still thinking between springs/coilovers and I plan to upgrade the exhaust system.
Never really modified a car especially not a luxury car like this which is amazing as it is stock so I will take my time.
Goal is to keep a clean luxury look but still give it some love :)

truonghthe 01-09-2018 12:15 PM

the color is RRP (Redondo Red Pearl) its similar to MRP except darker shade of red. Some how Canada won't sell red car like my TL for example many Canadian members said MRP wasn't offered in Canada.

OP nice and clean but I just can't deal with the parchment interior anymore.

teh CL 01-09-2018 12:18 PM

Didn't know it's actually RRP. I remember painting my first gen CL RRP... :drool:

projektvertx 01-09-2018 05:59 PM

Nice! I've had the fortune of seeing this color in person. Super rare sight, I think it's rarer that OBP.

RL09 01-11-2018 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by teh CL (Post 16161538)
Love the colour. Have yet to see one out in the wild.. :bored:

If OP could post pics of the inside too.

But I hear you. I saw last week an RL right next to me. i jumped in my seat. Got sooo excited. It was a 11 or 12, same color combo as mine, and cmbs (elite model - canada) with the new rims...

My friend next to me found it weird how childishly happy i was gawking at that car.

:)

TonyCD 01-12-2018 10:27 PM

Niiiiice! I think that color looks sharp. No apologies need be made for it.
The whole car looks clean, and that's nice low mileage too. Nice score.

truonghthe 01-13-2018 12:52 PM

I seen them couple times when I was living in CT and they look identical with the 04-06 TL red.

holladts 01-17-2018 02:41 PM

This is the color combo I wanted

robscharp05 01-17-2018 09:52 PM

This color looks the best on the RL, especially with the parchment interior. There's a gentleman I see at Starbucks every morning who is about 80 or so, and he has the same color combo and year as you. I complimented his car one morning and said thank you. I asked him how much mileage was on his RL he said 36k miles. He then proceeded to say "I bought it new as a retirement gift and will be the last car I will buy" He must only drive this car to get groceries and go to Starbucks and sit all day.

projektvertx 01-17-2018 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by robscharp05 (Post 16167905)
This color looks the best on the RL, especially with the parchment interior. There's a gentleman I see at Starbucks every morning who is about 80 or so, and he has the same color combo and year as you. I complimented his car one morning and said thank you. I asked him how much mileage was on his RL he said 36k miles. He then proceeded to say "I bought it new as a retirement gift and will be the last car I will buy" He must only drive this car to get groceries and go to Starbucks and sit all day.

Can I have you leave my phone number with him? I値l make him an offer he値l want. I知 dead serious right now :haha:

robscharp05 01-17-2018 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by projektvertx (Post 16167911)
Can I have you leave my phone number with him? I値l make him an offer he値l want. I知 dead serious right now :haha:

If interested man, private message me. There's definitely a good amount of RL's in St.Louis. I see about three every morning on my forty mile commute to work. When I went to trade in my RL in the spring, my local Acura dealer already had FOUR RL's in stock. Three KB1 one KB2. Seems like they sold well in this area.

RListhecar 01-18-2018 08:32 AM

I've just got the notorious black screen on my nav screen last night, working on resolving the issue will keep you updated :(

Walfunk 01-18-2018 11:23 AM

Beautiful car! Color combination is my favorite. Never seen one on the streets tho and I rarely see RLs in my area at all. @RL09, I act the same way when I see 1! LOL. Question: Why do some people not like the parchment interior. I have in mine and I think it looks great. Would like to know reasons it seems to be disliked by many........

robscharp05 01-18-2018 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by Walfunk (Post 16168288)
Beautiful car! Color combination is my favorite. Never seen one on the streets tho and I rarely see RLs in my area at all. @RL09, I act the same way when I see 1! LOL. Question: Why do some people not like the parchment interior. I have in mine and I think it looks great. Would like to know reasons it seems to be disliked by many........

I agree. Parchment looks great. To answer the question black looks good to the majority of luxury car shoppers, and it really goes with any exterior color. I really wish Acura kept parchment in the KB2 and the RLX. I like the seacoast, but the parchment would be a better choice.

projektvertx 01-18-2018 09:17 PM

You know, I was just scrolling thru the pics again on my PC and something caught my eye. Any particular reason the ACURA on the deck lid is all spaced out like that? Also, the RL logo seems a tad bit too high? I've had mine debadged for so long, I forget. But I do know for sure the spacing on the ACURA is not like that... What's up with that??

RListhecar 01-19-2018 12:47 AM

Originally Posted by projektvertx (Post 16168850)
You know, I was just scrolling thru the pics again on my PC and something caught my eye. Any particular reason the ACURA on the deck lid is all spaced out like that? Also, the RL logo seems a tad bit too high? I've had mine debadged for so long, I forget. But I do know for sure the spacing on the ACURA is not like that... What's up with that??

Good catch! I have no idea why it's spaced out like that. I got it from an older couple and it was like this without any damage noticeable in the back. They were a little rough on it in the garage with some minor paint trade with the wall which was buffed out, maybe they backed in just enough to mess up the logo and then someone did a poor job at rebadging it. Anyways now that I notice it I'll have to debadge it :D