Need Cooling System Help

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2017, 09:24 PM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need Cooling System Help

Hey guys,

I'm in need of some cooling system help- mostly related to cooling fans.

Here's the information I have:

- Vehicle was in a front end collision (had to get radiator, A/C condenser, and cooling fans replaced)

- The horns don't work (might be related to the fans not coming on)

- Needed to get the cooling system bled which I pretty much already did for the most part (if I'm not mistaken)

- Car isn't street driveable yet but I drove it back and forth in a contained area and the temp gauge went up to like 3/5 without fans coming on

- Temp stays below halfway point at idle

- Temperature sensor is good and I tried to connect a pin into the temperature sensor plug for a direct connection (car was showing temp all the way at H and no fans came on)

- I checked the relay under the hood and it seems to be working fine (makes that clicking sound when given 12v power)

- A/C fan doesn't come on when A/C is turned on (don't believe that the AC system is charged all the way- not sure if that contributes to it not coming on)

- I have two fan control modules, the original one and the used one I got off a parts car and neither work
Old 09-29-2017, 09:29 PM
10th Gear

- Also, upon startup, lower hose is cool and upper hose is hot. After a few minutes, both hoses become hot. Is that a symptom of bad thermostat? I think I also see a sensor attached to the thermostat.

- I press on the horn and hear a clicking under the hood in the relay box. Horns test out good when giving direct power. Could it be a bad connection on the harness somewhere? Maybe it's a bad ground? The fan wiring and horn wiring look like they're coming from the same group of wires. Also, my headlights aren't installed- neither is my ambient temperature sensor- this wouldn't affect anything right?

I feel like I'm almost there. Please help if you can!

Thanks!
Old 09-30-2017, 06:55 PM
10th Gear

UPDATE: There is a fuse that sits right on top of the battery. It's a 50 amp fuse that apparently goes bad when you try to jump start the car- which I know I did before.

Anyways, replaced that fuse and the fans now work!