My car cranks, but doesn't start

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2017, 08:05 PM
5th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs down My car cranks, but doesn't start

Well one dreadful day my serpentine belt just came off my car while driving.... After, hours of waiting for a friend my serpentine belt was back on and ready to go. It wasn't stretched or popped or anything. It was perfectly fine after it was put back on. After driving to the gas station to fill up I started my RL again and it sounded TERRIBLE. I turned it off and had my friend meet me at the gas station and of course it started back up perfectly with no issues. I drove to my destination fine and after on the ride home the car started to drive terrible. I barely made it home. I had someone check my car out and with no correlation to the prior issue my water pump had gone out. My friend didn't think that I ran the engine too hot so he voted against my head gasket. I ordered a timing/water pump kit. I changed my water pump, timing belt, auto tensioner, serpentine belt, and the timing belt idler/tensioner. Soon after all of that was replaced we realized I needed a head gasket repair. I purchased an engine gasket set online and we changed all of the gaskets as well as changing the ignition coils. After it was all complete and we tried to start my car we realized I needed a starter. We changed the starter and nothing. We checked for compression, spark, timing. We have since realized at one point I was timed for exhaust stroke, we changed spark plugs bc we felt that I wasn't getting enough spark, and my car still doesn't start. It cranks as if its trying to start and even when spraying starting fluid we get no where. We feel as if I am having some type of fuel issue. Can anyone shed some light here?
Old 09-11-2017, 11:17 PM
Safety Car

Received 619 Likes on 459 Posts
Check the fuse or battery low voltage?
Old 09-12-2017, 06:25 AM
5th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey, I have used my battery and someone else's when working on it. I used someone else's because I thought mine may not have enough cold cranking amps. What fuse are you referring to? I am thinking it may be a fuel issue.
Old 09-12-2017, 07:22 AM
Safety Car

Received 619 Likes on 459 Posts
Fuel pump fuse or other one. Not 100% sure but it sounds electrical related
Old 09-12-2017, 07:48 AM

Received 999 Likes on 650 Posts
Check your engine grounds