Honda Legend Grill

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2006, 05:03 PM
JDM FREAK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Honda Legend Grill

My wife had my car couple of weeks ago, and on the free way, a chip flew of a truck and hit my grill. The damage isn't serious, but knowing its there eats me.
So, i called an import shop in Canada, and ordered a Honda Legend front grill, rear H badge plus the Legend emblem. It''l be shipped late this month and expecting it late March.
Old 02-16-2006, 01:13 AM
Racer

Nice and original. How much did the parts cost you?
Old 02-16-2006, 09:20 AM
bkw
Death to Dave Marek.

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Personally, I feel that the H on the Honda Legend grill is a bit too large. I think it makes it look like an Accord. But it's your car and I'm sure it'll look great regardless.

I like the grill below, but dont absolutely love it. If it were in "Black Chrome" rather than chrome, I think I'd get it.
Old 02-16-2006, 01:52 PM
JDM FREAK

The grill was $695.00 Emblems were $80.00.
I ordered extra set of emblems just in case, and all roughly cost $970.00
Old 02-16-2006, 04:03 PM
Black

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
that's a lot of coin to downgrade from an Acura to a Honda...
Old 02-16-2006, 05:03 PM
Instructor

The grille looks good, but badging the car as a Honda is no good.

I think it's kind of silly to pay so much money for an expensive car, then to remove the badges and put a Honda logo on it.

As if the RL didn't get enough "it looks like an Accord" comments already.....

In a couple of years, it will be nice when Acura is in Japan and the JDM conversions back down

Btw in Japan, the badging fun there is to debadge the Honda logos and put Acura ones, sometimes outfitting their cars with North American bumpers (I've heard mostly on Accord to TSX conversions).

Of course, to each his own.....
Old 02-16-2006, 08:21 PM
Intermediate

Anybody know where to get the grill in bkw's photo shown above?
Old 02-16-2006, 10:41 PM
goodbye RL for now...

I like it alot! No one is "downgrading." They are just preferring its true origin and reality of what it was suppose to be before America got involved in rebadging for marketing reasons.
Old 02-16-2006, 10:45 PM
JDM FREAK

well explained Tyrael.
I thought i might try something different other than buying the same exact grill
Old 02-16-2006, 11:13 PM
goodbye RL for now...

Originally Posted by Qatar
well explained Tyrael.
I thought i might try something different other than buying the same exact grill
And I say, "Why not?!" Tell me how it works out and take some pix. I definitely want to do the same thing too. I just find it kind of odd that their grilles are more expensive than what Mercedes Benz charges.
Old 02-17-2006, 10:03 AM
Black

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by tyrael
I like it alot! No one is "downgrading." They are just preferring its true origin and reality of what it was suppose to be before America got involved in rebadging for marketing reasons.
Was the choice of heated vs. heated/cooled/ventilated seats due to marketing as well?

I would agree that Americans won't pay $50k for a Honda. A similar issue was identified with Brits paying £35k for a Honda Legend.
Old 02-17-2006, 02:04 PM
goodbye RL for now...

Originally Posted by lindros2
Was the choice of heated vs. heated/cooled/ventilated seats due to marketing as well?

I would agree that Americans won't pay $50k for a Honda. A similar issue was identified with Brits paying £35k for a Honda Legend.
That was just to save money I guess. That is my only quam when I compare to the Lexus/Toyota brand. Those coolers rock!
Old 02-17-2006, 02:47 PM
office monkey

I think putting Honda emblems on the car is lame but to each their own.

Oh and I don't think people do this because they prefer the "true origin" but instead do it to try and be different and thinking their car is unique which is downright silly to me. Again though, to each their own.
Old 02-17-2006, 07:36 PM
goodbye RL for now...

Originally Posted by Rob L
I think putting Honda emblems on the car is lame but to each their own.

Oh and I don't think people do this because they prefer the "true origin" but instead do it to try and be different and thinking their car is unique which is downright silly to me. Again though, to each their own.
What if someone was a purist and could care less about wanting their car to be unique? I'm not attacking or questioning, just posting away. :-) But I guess that purist could have imported instead right? Oh well...I like arguing with myself! Saves an extra post!
Old 02-18-2006, 11:32 AM
JDM FREAK

Well Rob,
i know my car is unique, just like everyother RL owner feel about their car.
I see nothing wrong with rebadging my car, lets wait first and see how it looks before we judge.
Old 02-18-2006, 05:15 PM
Intermediate

True story. I have a friend who has the new Bently coupe who rebadged it with Hyundai badges in front and in back. He had them custom made so the fit and look like they belong on the car. He seems to like the laughs it gets and the confusion it causes with parking valets. If I spent 160 large on a car I'd never do that but it's his money not mine.
Old 02-21-2006, 08:38 PM
Quit stealing my avatar!!

Originally Posted by Rob L
I see an RL other than my own about once every three to four weeks. And I live in the San Francisco bay area. That's unique enough for me.
Old 02-21-2006, 09:01 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 66 Likes on 45 Posts
Is DC/Northern VA the national capital of Acura or something? I see at least 1 other RL every day, especially when I get to Tyson's Corner!
Old 02-21-2006, 11:47 PM
Instructor

Just 1 RL a day? In D.C. proper, I see at least 2 or 3 a day. Way too many for my tastes, though I'm sure Acura wishes it could duplicate that kind of popularity nationwide.
Old 02-22-2006, 06:21 AM
Three Wheelin'

I wonder why the RL is so much more popular in the DC metro than in other places? Is it because we actually do our research when comparing cars instead of just going for the brand name?
Old 02-24-2006, 08:19 PM
Quit stealing my avatar!!

Well I think different cities are just like little countries. They have their own culture. In the bay area, it's obvious that BMWs are the rage, while down in LA, particularly in Chinatown, Mercedes is the way to go.

People buy cars that fulfill their needs. If one of your needs is to have that particular emblem on the hood of your car 'cause all your friends have it, then by all means get that Beemer. On the other hand, if peer pressure isn't an issue and your need is to be content knowing that you got a lot of car for the money, do your research and buy an RL.
Old 02-24-2006, 09:03 PM
Three Wheelin'

Northern VA inside the Beltway is definitely Japanese car happy! There's a bunch of TLs around here, and my RL actually gets love and attention from others. In addition, there are quite a few Lexus RX's scampering about and a few Infiniti FX's.
Old 04-19-2006, 06:07 PM
JDM FREAK

I got my JDM Honda grill and the Legend and H embelm. I'll post pic's when i get home and i'll attempt to isntall them tonight.
Old 04-19-2006, 11:33 PM
JDM FREAK

I have debadged my car ( Acura, Acura middle emblem and RL) and i even got a matching Honda chrome center caps for my wheels from the Ridgeline.
Here are some pictures.

Old 04-20-2006, 07:43 AM
'06 RL

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Why not put some Si stickers on it, too? And if you put a sticker on it that says "Turbo" it'll get you at least 30 more horespower!

Just like this guy, who thought he could turn his GeoMetro into a performance vehicle...hey, I think I know what Qatar did with his extra badges!

Old 04-20-2006, 09:43 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
so you are putting H emblems on an acura bc that's its true origins? theres a reason why its badged an acura. have fun being laughed at. honestly, i think it's one of the worst ideas you could do to an RL, to each his own i guess.
Old 04-20-2006, 10:50 AM
JDM FREAK

jgtjr, and cleanCL

We went through this before, and we know what the RL is so...
MY RIDE MY MONEY.
Old 04-20-2006, 11:14 AM
'06 RL

We went through this before, and we know what the RL is so...
MY RIDE MY MONEY.
Just as you have every right to spend your money on your car however you'd like, I, too, have every right to POINT AND LAUGH at the car when you're done.

Whatever makes you happy, dude.....
Old 04-20-2006, 12:01 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wow i guess it doenst matter which vehicle forum you're on in Azine, the JDM conversion spats are everywhere.

Well anyways, I say on the JDM badging. Cant wait to see pics, should look sweet.

And I dont see how its a downgrade, when he hasnt removed anything luxury from the car. Except the "luxurious" "A"
Old 04-20-2006, 02:56 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
it's like putting SKYLINE on the G35, or SOARER on the SC, or HONDA on an ACURA... oops.
Old 04-20-2006, 04:33 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by CleanCL
. . . . theres a reason why its badged an acura . . . .
You are right - the reason is Marketing - because we Americans seem to care more about the badge than the substance. At one time I entertained the idea of replacing the RL with a Legend emblem, just for fun. It would be fun to get questions and comments about the new Legend one is driving. I don't think anyone will laugh, they will just be confused trying to figure out what kind of Honda this is.
Old 04-20-2006, 04:49 PM
JDM FREAK

I have replaced the badges already and the wheels center caps, but the grill i received is for a 06 Legend Tech, and it sits a bit different than the regular grill, just like with the RL.
So i order the supporting screws and should have them by Tuesday.
I rebadged the car this morning, and i got followed and questioned by many poeple, no laughs so far JFTJR, i respect your opinion but it means nothing to me. I was followed as i went to a gas station, and the person was a salesman in a Honda dealer, to my amazement of his ignorance, he thought i had imported the car and acted like he never heard of a RL, even with the Acura badge on the grill.
So the idea of I importing a Legend and rebadge it as a RL is easier than purchasing a RL and rebadge it with Honda Legend.
Whoever said that Acura's problem is marketing was right.
Old 04-20-2006, 05:52 PM
10th Gear

I think it looks nice. How does it downgrade the car? They're only emblems that don't change car or downgrade it from its luxury. Those Honda Legends look really nice and IMO they look better then the RL, even though its the same car but the headlights look nicer and more aggressive. Goodjob on doing what you like instead of having other people telling you otherwise.
Old 04-20-2006, 07:51 PM
'06 RL

i got followed and questioned by many poeple, no laughs so far JFTJR, i respect your opinion but it means nothing to me.
I'm sure more people laughed than followed you.... but you probably didn't notice them because most people are probably more polite than to laugh in your face.

I'm not.

But hey, if mutilating your Acura for attention makes you happy, by all means go for it.

Why stop there, though? While you're at it, why not slap on a park bench wing, some 5" "sport" exhaust tips, and put some fake racing decals on the side, too?

Oh, and be sure to strap a fake fire extinguisher and some extra gauges on the A-pillar, which can come flying at your head if the airbags ever fire.

And get a nice Earl Scheib hot-pink paint job, a cheap urethane nose kit with some chicken wire jammed in the front, and some underbody neon, too?

Yeah, I bet that'd look fly, and would probably even enhance your male organ!

I'm kidding.

Sort of.

About that last part, anyway.
Old 04-20-2006, 09:10 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by jftjr
I'm sure more people laughed than followed you.... but you probably didn't notice them because most people are probably more polite than to laugh in your face.

I'm not.

But hey, if mutilating your Acura for attention makes you happy, by all means go for it.

Why stop there, though? While you're at it, why not slap on a park bench wing, some 5" "sport" exhaust tips, and put some fake racing decals on the side, too?

Oh, and be sure to strap a fake fire extinguisher and some extra gauges on the A-pillar, which can come flying at your head if the airbags ever fire.

And get a nice Earl Scheib hot-pink paint job, a cheap urethane nose kit with some chicken wire jammed in the front, and some underbody neon, too?

I'm kidding.

Sort of.

I do not see what the big deal is? It is Qatar's call what he wants to do with his ride. Just lift your hood; you will see Honda parts emblems all over your car. If he likes the Honda Emblems, let it be. No matter how you look it, it is a Honda anyways.
Old 04-20-2006, 11:55 PM
JDM FREAK

Originally Posted by jftjr

I'm not.

I'm kidding.

Sort of.

I don't get your point. You, i and everyone know that what your proud of calling Acura RL is a Honda Legend. don't make the badges or the names play with your mind.
without the Legend, there is no RL, because RL is the Legend (sort of).
You can laugh all you want, but who cares. and whats up with this laughing issue that you talk about all the time.
I'm not trying to start any war, i purchased this car and thought the change is good for me and all i'm doing is sharing with others.
Wait at least until i post the pictures.
do you even own a Legend (RL)?
Old 04-21-2006, 03:49 AM
'06 RL

I don't get your point.
Obviously. But it's your car, man. Have a good time.

do you even own a Legend (RL)?
Uhh, duh. I own an '06 ACURA RL, Lakeshore over black, ipod link, backup cam.

And it's 100% riceboy-free.
Old 04-21-2006, 11:50 AM
JDM FREAK

i had the ipod and tried the camera, i wanted them but don't need them.
How about Rims, body kit or any enhancment package for that matter?
Anyhow, Good for you, have fun with yours and let me enjoy my riceboy ride.
i love the way i made mine look.
I don't have time to argue or to prove anything to you, because it meaningless to me.
Jealous eyes AWAY.
Old 04-22-2006, 05:13 PM
'06 RL

I don't have time to argue or to prove anything to you, because it meaningless to me.
Jealous eyes AWAY.
You don't have the time to argue, but you keep responding.... and wow...you...actually...believe...that....i'm... JEALOUS ...of your rice'd out car?

Yeah. You just go on believing that, son.

That's the funniest thing I've ever heard.
Old 04-22-2006, 07:44 PM
JDM FREAK

i made my point.
For the rest, i should post the pictures on Tuesday.

Quick Reply: Honda Legend Grill