Got a 2-for-1 fix on Saturday 👍

Old 10-09-2017, 07:09 AM
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Got a 2-for-1 fix on Saturday 👍

Not a huge thing but I am always happy when trying to fix one thing yields extra fixes.

for whatever reason my proximity sense tripped a failure awhile back and every time I started the car I got the “check keyless access system” error on the MID, the key icon on the cluster, and after I hit OK on the lawyer screen for the nav, I got a “keyless access error - check later?” message that I had to clear from the nav screen. I decided to do a hard reset on the battery to see if it would clear, since my key system works perfectly.

Sure enough, it erased the error and I no longer get the warnings, but also my capacitive touch lock-unlock on the door handles started working again. It only worked 2-3x when I got the car and then stopped. Not a big deal to me to use the remote to lock and unlock but having a feature returned to me that I really liked is always good. Plus it means that I don’t have to drop several hundred bucks on door handles and go through the hassle of tearing the doors apart. I was ok to live with not having the feature but to have it come back just from a battery reset was a nice bonus.

Anyhow, nothing big but maybe someone else will recover their keyless touch access from a simple reset and potentially save themselves from wasting a not-inconsiderable sum of money.
Old 10-17-2017, 09:47 PM
Cruisin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Good stuff mate! I just bought a 05 RL and I've been lurking the forum for fixes to all the minor problems. I sometimes get the key error. I'll give it a shot next time. thanks

Search this Thread