Feedback on 4-Part Acura Product Update?

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2005, 11:24 AM
9th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Feedback on 4-Part Acura Product Update?

I've read a few postings about problems with doors locking, etc after the dealer completed the recent 4-part Product Update to the 05 RL.

I'm waiting to get this done, to see if they need to redo the update software.

Would welcome everyone's feedback as to whethere or not they had the update, when they had it, and if they've had problems. If there are problems, how easy/difficult was it to get them resolved.

Thanks

2005 RL
On the road: 10/16/04
4800 miles - no problems except occassional brake squeal and wiper streaking
Old 04-27-2005, 12:58 PM
3rd Gear

Feedback on 4-Part Acura Product Update?

I had it done and had all the problems. Dealer finally called me and told me that they have a fix. Took it in, they fixed it, no problems since.
Old 04-27-2005, 01:03 PM
2007 Lexus GS 350

So they have a fix for the fix?
Old 04-27-2005, 01:23 PM
Instructor

Yes, pleae do confirm if there is a "fix for the fix". I have had a new RL that since 15 Oct 2004 that has been perfection in every way—not a single problem with anything. I don't want to get the updates until I know that they will not cause difficulties, however minor.

Thanks for any info.
Old 04-27-2005, 04:42 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I had all the problems before and after the fix. However, after recieving and putting in the new NAVI DVD all now seems to be ok/
Old 04-27-2005, 07:24 PM
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Can someone be specific re. which problems post-update have been fixed? The only problem I have had since the 4-part update is the XM display info delay in refreshing the screen following each change in programming. Has that issue been fixed and, if so, how? FWIW, I also updated the NAVI DVD to v4.13B but this has not corrected the XM delay problem (nor did I ever expect it to since I don't believe one's related to the other).

So, what is the a "fix" for the XM info delay?
Old 04-27-2005, 07:41 PM
Advanced

I had the random door locking problem after the update and I've been living with it for awhile since it wasn't a safety or major mechanical issue and only a slight annoyance (to me). Yesterday, I took my car in for its first oil change and I told the service manager to look into this problem. The service dept. reset my computer and it seems to have resolved the door locking problem.

Even though I've had some initial hiccups with my RL, everything is running beautifully and now I'm able to truly appreciate the wonderful car that it was meant to be!!!

As a long-time Honda/Acura fan/owner, I really do appreciate how Acura has been proactive in resolving these initial glitches! Kudos to Acura!
Old 04-28-2005, 05:30 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by PRNole47
Can someone be specific re. which problems post-update have been fixed? The only problem I have had since the 4-part update is the XM display info delay in refreshing the screen following each change in programming. Has that issue been fixed and, if so, how? FWIW, I also updated the NAVI DVD to v4.13B but this has not corrected the XM delay problem (nor did I ever expect it to since I don't believe one's related to the other).

So, what is the a "fix" for the XM info delay?
There is none. If you search the forum, I have been posting on that issue for a while - probably too much. But I have been asking people to call Acura Customer Service to report the problem so they get it fixed, cause there is no fix for it.

My last contact with Acura CS is that this is now recognized as a problem nationally as a result of the Acura Link update but no fix is available. I believe that if enough people complain, they will take care of it eventually.

While it is a stupid little problem, once you notice it, it does get irritating. I was showing my car off to a friend today as we were going to lunch. We were listening to Deep Tracks and it went from Aerosmith to Robin Trower. Yet for a good minute during the Trower song, it said Aerosmith. My friend goes this is not Aerosmith. I hit the tune button to go to channel 41 and immediately back to 40 and the correct information was there.

There are also problems with the station tags on the presets. When I start the car up, the presents will just read the channel number and the channel name. If I tune to the station, it will then list the channel name, but not until then.

Finally, I have experienced on three occasions no XM at all when I start the car. I get AM, FM and CD sound, but no XM. I has required my to shut off the car and turn if back on 2-3 times each time this has happened. I know they were not caused from XM outages as I keep my MyFi in the car and tested it the 3 times it went out and there was music all three times.

So I truly believe the Acura Link updates did something to the XM portion of the audio unit. Hopefully you won't have these problems. I would be interested in hearing about your experiences, though.
Old 04-29-2005, 12:09 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Gator5000e
There are also problems with the station tags on the presets. When I start the car up, the presents will just read the channel number and the channel name. If I tune to the station, it will then list the channel name, but not until then.

Finally, I have experienced on three occasions no XM at all when I start the car. I get AM, FM and CD sound, but no XM. I has required my to shut off the car and turn if back on 2-3 times each time this has happened. I know they were not caused from XM outages as I keep my MyFi in the car and tested it the 3 times it went out and there was music all three times.

So I truly believe the Acura Link updates did something to the XM portion of the audio unit. Hopefully you won't have these problems. I would be interested in hearing about your experiences, though.
I have experienced all of the above too, exactly as you describe it with the exception of XM outages. I can live with all of the above but the louder commercials on talk stations are going to keep me from renewing my XM service when my paid year of service is over. Talk channels come in at a lower volume than music channels and the commercials come on much, much louder than the regular programming. If XM fixes this most annoying bug then I'll consider renewing my contract.
Old 04-29-2005, 10:31 AM
Advanced

Acura dealer said my car didn't need the 4-part update.
Old 04-29-2005, 11:38 AM
Cruisin'

Post-product updates

Have all the same problems reported by Gator 5000e. Waiting to deal with it till my oil change.
Old 05-09-2005, 11:24 AM
Intermediate

Update and Now Problems!

Took the car in for an oil change and to get the Product Updates applied. They did the four part update and now I have:

1) Random door locking noise once I start the car and drive
2) XM Radio cuts off when I start the car randomly but the rest of the audio works (AM/FM/CD). Song and Title refresh is also very slow.
3) Windows stop midway for no reason one time.

It is scheduled to head back to the dealer on Friday and I hope they will have a fix for the fix. I do get the Nav/Traffic now but these other issues are annoying. Anyone have any further follow-ups on getting the fixes fixed??
Old 05-09-2005, 11:26 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Perlowin
I had it done and had all the problems. Dealer finally called me and told me that they have a fix. Took it in, they fixed it, no problems since.

Do you have any information in your records on what the dealer did to Fix the fix?
Old 05-10-2005, 07:58 AM
Instructor

Yes, please post of what the dealer did to fix your problems. The door locking and windows are filxed by resetting the car by removing the battery terminal cable for aobut a minute. That also fixes the SM info delay for a while but it does not last. Perlowin, are you still problem free, expecially with the 20-30 second delay in getting the song info to change?

Please post what they did and the status. Thanks.
Old 05-10-2005, 07:46 PM
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
My song to title delay is only 13 seconds (I have timed it and it is pretty consitent). Weird that there is so much variation in how the XM problem manifests itself.
Old 05-11-2005, 09:49 AM
3rd Gear

My [Acura] Dealer

Originally Posted by pek01
Do you have any information in your records on what the dealer did to Fix the fix?
My Acura dealer is Ed Morse Acura in Fort Lauderdale, FL (954) 785-7100.

Door locks randomly locking was fixed.
Rearview mirror not returning was fixed.
Window up/down stopping was fixed.
Had the XM preset issue happen only once after I got the car back from the dealer; since then it's been fine.

XM slow response, not fixed (sorry). I usually don't notice it as it takes me at least 15 to 30 seconds to figure out that the song has changed

One issue I'm noticing, not sure if it has to do with the update or not, but there is a quite noticeable delay when I punch it. Sometimes it's so bad I'm actually thrown forward as the car decelerates before dropping into a lower gear! Need to call service about this.