'enter code' for navigation/radio

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2017, 06:23 PM
Photovideographer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'enter code' for navigation/radio

Just got my windows tinted the other day, and when I got my car back it asked me to enter a code to get into my radio or navigation. My car didn't come with the manual or codes I needed like usual. Not really sure what the hell they did to even have it ask me for a code. But it's a little wheel of numbers(will post photo below). I tried that one Acura code retrieval website, but didn't have any luck because I don't have a serial number or something to put in?

So was wondering if I could get some feedback on how to fix this because my controls are limited. I can either turn the heat on full blast or off with the buttons on top and I have no access to the screen so I can't really do a whole lot 😕.
Old 01-01-2017, 07:16 PM
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
You'll have to go to your dealer and they should be able to retrieve your code.
Old 01-01-2017, 07:36 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 168 Likes on 140 Posts
When I had my windows tinted, they kept the accessory power on, because they had to keep rolling the windows up and down to properly tint the edges. Unfortunately, this drained the battery low enough that they needed to jump start it. Luckily, no permanent damage was done but it was enough to trigger the radio/nav codes. If you give your dealer the serial numbers, they can look up the codes for you. Unscrupulous ones will try to charge you.
Old 01-01-2017, 08:09 PM
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Go to this website enter your vin number and radio serial number. It's 8 digits. Look near glove box.
Open it it should be around there. Or center console storage.
So u enter vin and 8 digit serial number.. and u get radio code on websire.dealer may ask 120$ for one hour of hard work resetting radio..

https://radio-navicode.acura.com

If u don't get this radio code.. ur radio will constantly drain your battery which seems weak already. So tomorrow am I am pretty sure ull need a jump
The following users liked this post:
projektvertx (01-01-2017)
Old 01-02-2017, 07:40 AM
Photovideographer

Originally Posted by MrVtech
Go to this website enter your vin number and radio serial number. It's 8 digits. Look near glove box.
Open it it should be around there. Or center console storage.
So u enter vin and 8 digit serial number.. and u get radio code on websire.dealer may ask 120$ for one hour of hard work resetting radio..

https://radio-navicode.acura.com

If u don't get this radio code.. ur radio will constantly drain your battery which seems weak already. So tomorrow am I am pretty sure ull need a jump
I checked that website but couldn't figure out my serial. I checked the glove box and everywhere in the car with no luck. Nearest Acura dealer is almost two hours from me so that's not really an option right now to go there, I could try calling them, or calling the Acura hotline on the website. But so far I can't find the code, unless I hear if I take my nav out? Which I don't want to do all that work for something so silly 😕.
Old 01-02-2017, 09:34 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 7,244 Likes on 4,855 Posts
You retrieve the serial code from the diagnostics menu. Press Nav + Menu + Cancel to enter the menu. I don't remember where to go after that though.

We bought a Pilot in Nov that has all the same tech as the 2G RL and didn't have the codes with it. I called the local Honda dealer from the Toyota lot we bought it from, asked for the service department, and had someone walk me through the process. They have it all documented and it only takes 5 minutes if you can get them to talk to you. My guy took me all the way to what my codes were.

Last edited by oo7spy; 01-02-2017 at 09:37 AM.
The following users liked this post:
projektvertx (01-02-2017)
Old 01-03-2017, 09:39 PM
Photovideographer

Originally Posted by oo7spy
You retrieve the serial code from the diagnostics menu. Press Nav + Menu + Cancel to enter the menu. I don't remember where to go after that though.

We bought a Pilot in Nov that has all the same tech as the 2G RL and didn't have the codes with it. I called the local Honda dealer from the Toyota lot we bought it from, asked for the service department, and had someone walk me through the process. They have it all documented and it only takes 5 minutes if you can get them to talk to you. My guy took me all the way to what my codes were.
Thanks for that, I'll give it a shot. I know last time I tried to call my Honda dealership about my tl, they told me to call a Acura dealership. But it's worth a shot, or I'll try to call the Acura hotline on the Acura owners website.
Old 01-04-2017, 08:55 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 7,244 Likes on 4,855 Posts
I don't doubt a dealer will claim they don't have the info for a different brand, but an Acura dealer can do it as easily as a Honda one can.