end of RL - AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

Notices

end of RL

Old 05-16-2018, 02:16 PM
Registered Member

end of RL

hey guys,
i haven't been active lately but i guess it's time to say good bye to my beloved RL.
car was left parked on 1 way street while visiting friend over weekend and monday morning, car got swiped.
insurance declared total loss but now they are accusing me of fraud and investigating the claim saying the vehicle might have been moving at the time of accident which is bullshit.
bodyshop looked at it and said claim adjuster has no clue and just being a dick but never had this kind of problem before.
anyone have any idea or how to handle it?
already did recorded session and answered all their questions, but said it can take upto 30 days for decision whether denied or honored.

anyways i'm selling my summer set of ENKEI 18" + 1yr old 3000mile used Potenza S-04 255/45/18.
let me know if anyone is interested in boston area.

Old 05-16-2018, 09:41 PM
Registered Member

Damn that sucks. Someone side swiped me this past winter but not as bad as you. Good luck on a new ride.

Old 05-17-2018, 08:39 AM

Ouch! Is there any nearby businesses that would have footage of the incident?
Old 05-17-2018, 09:02 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by xc1097 View Post
hey guys,
i haven't been active lately but i guess it's time to say good bye to my beloved RL.
car was left parked on 1 way street while visiting friend over weekend and monday morning, car got swiped.
insurance declared total loss but now they are accusing me of fraud and investigating the claim saying the vehicle might have been moving at the time of accident which is bullshit.
bodyshop looked at it and said claim adjuster has no clue and just being a dick but never had this kind of problem before.
anyone have any idea or how to handle it?
already did recorded session and answered all their questions, but said it can take upto 30 days for decision whether denied or honored.

anyways i'm selling my summer set of ENKEI 18" + 1yr old 3000mile used Potenza S-04 255/45/18.
let me know if anyone is interested in boston area.

Which insurance company ?
Old 05-18-2018, 02:45 PM
Registered Member

commerce/MAPfre thru AAA
Old Yesterday, 08:26 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by xc1097 View Post
commerce/MAPfre thru AAA
Commerce/MAPFRE sucks. I just got rid of them a year ago and cant be happier. Every single accident I have been in they have given me a hard time with. Their independent appraisal places are a joke as well and the person looking at the damage has literally zero experience with cars usually.
Old Yesterday, 05:19 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by kingofire View Post
Commerce/MAPFRE sucks. I just got rid of them a year ago and cant be happier. Every single accident I have been in they have given me a hard time with. Their independent appraisal places are a joke as well and the person looking at the damage has literally zero experience with cars usually.
yeah this will be end w/ Commerce/MAPFRE.
my claim is still under investigation for no reason and it's taking way too long. claim filed on 4/30 and still no update. my rental will expire in less than 10 days and they already stopped paying for it which is BS.
looks like i might have to get lawyer involved.

btw, if anyone is interested, i have summer set of rims/tires for sale.
Old Yesterday, 07:55 PM
Get Out Of The Left Lane!

OP - sorry about your loss.

FWIW - i have been with Commerce since 1983 and have never had a problem. The always set up appraisals quickly and pay out very fast. Admittedly I have only had two claims during that time frame but my daughter had two fender benders in 6 months and both went very smoothly