end of RL

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2018, 02:16 PM
Instructor

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
end of RL

hey guys,
i haven't been active lately but i guess it's time to say good bye to my beloved RL.
car was left parked on 1 way street while visiting friend over weekend and monday morning, car got swiped.
insurance declared total loss but now they are accusing me of fraud and investigating the claim saying the vehicle might have been moving at the time of accident which is bullshit.
bodyshop looked at it and said claim adjuster has no clue and just being a dick but never had this kind of problem before.
anyone have any idea or how to handle it?
already did recorded session and answered all their questions, but said it can take upto 30 days for decision whether denied or honored.

anyways i'm selling my summer set of ENKEI 18" + 1yr old 3000mile used Potenza S-04 255/45/18.
let me know if anyone is interested in boston area.

Old 05-16-2018, 09:41 PM
Cruisin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Damn that sucks. Someone side swiped me this past winter but not as bad as you. Good luck on a new ride.

Old 05-17-2018, 08:39 AM

Received 612 Likes on 490 Posts
Ouch! Is there any nearby businesses that would have footage of the incident?
Old 05-17-2018, 09:02 PM
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by xc1097
hey guys,
i haven't been active lately but i guess it's time to say good bye to my beloved RL.
car was left parked on 1 way street while visiting friend over weekend and monday morning, car got swiped.
insurance declared total loss but now they are accusing me of fraud and investigating the claim saying the vehicle might have been moving at the time of accident which is bullshit.
bodyshop looked at it and said claim adjuster has no clue and just being a dick but never had this kind of problem before.
anyone have any idea or how to handle it?
already did recorded session and answered all their questions, but said it can take upto 30 days for decision whether denied or honored.

anyways i'm selling my summer set of ENKEI 18" + 1yr old 3000mile used Potenza S-04 255/45/18.
let me know if anyone is interested in boston area.

Which insurance company ?
Old 05-18-2018, 02:45 PM
Instructor

commerce/MAPfre thru AAA
Old 05-21-2018, 08:26 AM
Racer

Received 42 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by xc1097
commerce/MAPfre thru AAA
Commerce/MAPFRE sucks. I just got rid of them a year ago and cant be happier. Every single accident I have been in they have given me a hard time with. Their independent appraisal places are a joke as well and the person looking at the damage has literally zero experience with cars usually.
Old 05-21-2018, 05:19 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by kingofire
Commerce/MAPFRE sucks. I just got rid of them a year ago and cant be happier. Every single accident I have been in they have given me a hard time with. Their independent appraisal places are a joke as well and the person looking at the damage has literally zero experience with cars usually.
yeah this will be end w/ Commerce/MAPFRE.
my claim is still under investigation for no reason and it's taking way too long. claim filed on 4/30 and still no update. my rental will expire in less than 10 days and they already stopped paying for it which is BS.
looks like i might have to get lawyer involved.

btw, if anyone is interested, i have summer set of rims/tires for sale.
Old 05-21-2018, 07:55 PM
Stay Out Of the Left Lane

Received 1,236 Likes on 1,023 Posts
OP - sorry about your loss.

FWIW - i have been with Commerce since 1983 and have never had a problem. The always set up appraisals quickly and pay out very fast. Admittedly I have only had two claims during that time frame but my daughter had two fender benders in 6 months and both went very smoothly
Old 05-22-2018, 01:49 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 259 Likes on 183 Posts
I am not so sure they are correct in stating "your car was not moving" - that has nothing to do with anything. This is the damage to your insured property that they are obligated to cover. Now if they are trying to get out of paying out the damage, that is a different story.
My vote goes for - leave them and get a normal insurance agency that has larger operating base.
Old 05-22-2018, 06:35 PM
Stay Out Of the Left Lane

Received 1,236 Likes on 1,023 Posts
Originally Posted by rl015
My vote goes for - leave them and get a normal insurance agency that has larger operating base.
Your vote would be in the minority. Commerce is the #1 auto insurer in MA and have been in the top 5 or top 10 for years. They far and away out pace any other carrier in the state.
As an aside, there are lots of good carriers in MA and across the country but Commerce owns MA.

OP - if there is something I can do to help, send me a PM. My brother is an insurance fraud investigator for another nationwide auto carrier, but does reside in MA.
Old 05-23-2018, 11:25 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by NBP04TL4ME
Your vote would be in the minority. Commerce is the #1 auto insurer in MA and have been in the top 5 or top 10 for years. They far and away out pace any other carrier in the state.
As an aside, there are lots of good carriers in MA and across the country but Commerce owns MA.

OP - if there is something I can do to help, send me a PM. My brother is an insurance fraud investigator for another nationwide auto carrier, but does reside in MA.
sent u pm.
thank you.
Old 05-23-2018, 12:31 PM
Null and proud of it

Received 898 Likes on 788 Posts
In Mississippi, where I am, we have a law about bad faith of an insurer, now I'm not sure of how this works, but this may provide you with some insight.... I'd contact an attorney, if you can.... Sorry you're going through this...
Old 05-23-2018, 03:05 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Midnight Mystery
In Mississippi, where I am, we have a law about bad faith of an insurer, now I'm not sure of how this works, but this may provide you with some insight.... I'd contact an attorney, if you can.... Sorry you're going through this...
been contacting attorney via MA bar association & AVVO.com
feel like i've hit dead wall so far.
they said i don't have case/claim yet as it's well within their right to open investigate any claim without reason.
however, i disagree as per my policy, rental coverage is '$45/day for upto 30 days or $1350 max'
commerce claims that this could take minimum of 30 days or more from the date that they decided to open investigation which was 5/7/18, means soonest resolution could come out at 6/5/18 or later.
i've been in rental since 4/30/18 and that will make me go past my 30 day allowance, not to mention they stopped paying for rental as of 5/9/18 so i've been charged close to $1000 on rental already.

most of lawyers have told me that i'm stuck in pickle right now and i just have to wait it out and file a lawsuit and get triple damages at later date.
filing lawsuit for future $$ is least of my concern. i want fair value for my car & i need $$ to get another vehicle so i can get around w/o paying arm & leg for a rental.

i've already done recorded conversation and provided everything they asked for.
during past year, i've done timing belt/water pump, full brakes on all 4 corners(pads & rotors), all fluids flushed, suspension end links replaced, new flex pipe on exhaust + more.
also have less than 1yr old summer tires (potenza s-04 255/45/18) on separate wheels.
makes no sense of me to pull fast one to get shafted on the value as these cars are worth $h!t on resale value.

any insight or advice from insurance investigator/adjuster would be extremely helpful
thank you
Old 05-23-2018, 03:11 PM

When my camry recently got totaled, the only thing that swayed their payout up was a certified appraiser who evaluated the car. But the entire process from accident to Check took 8 weeks. I can’t imagine waiting that long without another car... And to be frank that’s what they are banking on. I got lucky, I have multiple vehicles and I decided that even if I broke even with an appraiser, I at least wanted them to have to pay out the right amount and pay storage fees on the car while it sat. I literally just wanted to stick it to them, and I did, and still ended up winning financially. I realize this situation is totally different but it what I was trying to get at was you may want to talk to an appraiser.
Old 05-23-2018, 06:22 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by projektvertx
When my camry recently got totaled, the only thing that swayed their payout up was a certified appraiser who evaluated the car. But the entire process from accident to Check took 8 weeks. I can’t imagine waiting that long without another car... And to be frank that’s what they are banking on. I got lucky, I have multiple vehicles and I decided that even if I broke even with an appraiser, I at least wanted them to have to pay out the right amount and pay storage fees on the car while it sat. I literally just wanted to stick it to them, and I did, and still ended up winning financially. I realize this situation is totally different but it what I was trying to get at was you may want to talk to an appraiser.
so far i've talked to over dozen attorneys and they've all told me that i'm stuck in a pickle.
and they ask which insurer and when i mention 'commerce' all their responses were like 'urgg! they are awful/horrible/terrible to deal with'
i guess i'm not the only one with this problem nowadays but all this is new to me and i've had several claims during last 15 years w/ commerce and none like this so this is bit surprise and annoying.
would really really like to get the ball rolling sooner than later and come to conclusion of this bs
Old 05-23-2018, 08:49 PM
Null and proud of it

Received 898 Likes on 788 Posts
<div style="text-align:left;">This burns me up because you derserve to be treated better.... But I understand what the legal groups are saying, they need more proof that the ins. company is trying to screw you, like letting time lapse on their end to assist you, their customer.... I do kinda get that... But it's still not right, quite insulting to say the least... <br /><br /><br />When our 2007 Kia was wrecked then declared a total in 2/16, we ran over a few days of our 30 day allowance, because the adjuster and shop couldn't decide weather to total or not, this lasted five weeks... We could have sued the at fault drivers insurance for the difference, but that company was nearly an invisible joke, we used our company and ate the difference, it wasn't much overall...<br /><br />Sorry I couldn't help, well wishes...</div>
Old 05-25-2018, 06:51 PM
Instructor

been almost a month and so far out of pocket expense is over $1000.
no word from insurance company yet
this is becoming super frustrating
Old 06-07-2018, 01:05 PM
Instructor

update: just spoke to insurance bitch and claim is being denied saying the vehicle was moving which isn't true.
anyone know good lawyer and insurance investigator?
Old 06-07-2018, 01:27 PM

Even if the car was moving, shouldn’t that be covered by insurance?
Old 06-07-2018, 02:01 PM
Drifting

Received 849 Likes on 605 Posts
You're insurance company must have employed this guy.

But yea, what a joke. I hate insurance companies. A necessary evil.

We just got denied a claim from our hospital indemnity Metlife policy when my wife had a baby. They claimed it was a pre-existing condition. I sort of see their point since she was pregnant before we got the insurance through my company during open enrollment. I guess I figured that getting it through an employer might make a difference. But then I asked them about several conditions my wife and kids had before I renewed during open enrollment, and it turns out that nearly all would have been considered pre-existing conditions. My son's ankle was previously hurt (broken and torn ligaments) so that would be a pre-existing condition if he had to go in because of an additional injury. My other son has some mental health issues but that started before the insurance so any hospitalization with that would be pre-existing. And if my wife had to be hospitalized due to seizures, which happens on rare occasions (hasn't had one for 2 years), that would also be a pre-existing condition. It seems they can just about pin everything as a pre-existing condition. Needless to say, I didn't renew. No point in having insurance that would find a way to squirrel their way out of any claim. They'd probably consider pancreatic cancer as a pre-existing condition since my Grandpa got it and it's considered genetic. "It's in your genes. It was there all along"

Yeah, insurance sucks. All of them. Auto, life, medical, home, they're all the same. The scrawny little dude on The Incredibles is pretty spot on of my perception of most insurance companies. Sorry you have to deal with it

Last edited by losiglow; 06-07-2018 at 02:04 PM.