Electrical gremlins, door and display

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2019, 01:50 AM
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Electrical gremlins, door and display

It seems I'm having a couple of electrical gremlins raising their heads lately. First was the bluetooth unlock function on the driver's door. It was intermittent for awhile, but it has been a couple of months now since it worked. Of course I can unlock with the fob, but it's a pain if I'm not careful to avoid touching the lock button on the door handle. And now, just this weekend, that lock function has quit working most of the time.

What I view as potentially a bigger problem is the upper display, where the radio station and time are displayed, occasionally will go blank. I've been able to get it working again using the Fonzi method, a well-placed thump or two on top of it, but it's concerning to me if it goes out completely and I ever need to re-enter the security code.

In several regards, I'm becoming a little discouraged with the durability of some parts of this car. Like the plastic chrome trim that's in rough shape, or the wear showing in some parts of the interior more than I'd expect. Yes I know my car has a few years on it now (it's a 2007), but I've had a number of cars this old that held up better.