Cooling Fans backwards or losing mind?

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2021, 11:26 AM
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Cooling Fans backwards or losing mind?

While replacing failed radiator cooling fan failure.......Per Acura drawing 5 blade fan, counter clockwise, plastic shroud is on Driver side. 7 blade fan, clockwise rotation, steel shroud is on Passenger side. Existing threads state fan on passenger side is AC condenser and driver side is radiator cooling. Correct?

I'm asking please because my fans are operating Opposite as expected: in that upon start, AC Off, 7 blade fan on passenger side is operating. Turn on AC, 5 blade fan on driver side comes on. Is this backwards?

Control module appears clean and relatively new. Each fan is plugged into the module to the connector closest to each fan - they are not crossed. Size of plugs on fan appear to match the connections exactly on module - in that plugs could be cross connected if needed but why would you?

Can a member please confirm correct location of condenser and radiator fan. And are my fans reversed...or am I losing my mind? Thanks!?
Old 05-18-2021, 05:33 PM
Advanced

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts
i check mine. Outside temp is 75F , engine is at normal operating temp. AC ON, both fans are running. AC off, fan not running but both fans turns on and off from time to time. Maybe others will chime in. Not sure why one fan doesnt comes on mine.

Originally Posted by JFRENSH
While replacing failed radiator cooling fan failure.......Per Acura drawing 5 blade fan, counter clockwise, plastic shroud is on Driver side. 7 blade fan, clockwise rotation, steel shroud is on Passenger side. Existing threads state fan on passenger side is AC condenser and driver side is radiator cooling. Correct?

I'm asking please because my fans are operating Opposite as expected: in that upon start, AC Off, 7 blade fan on passenger side is operating. Turn on AC, 5 blade fan on driver side comes on. Is this backwards?

Control module appears clean and relatively new. Each fan is plugged into the module to the connector closest to each fan - they are not crossed. Size of plugs on fan appear to match the connections exactly on module - in that plugs could be cross connected if needed but why would you?

Can a member please confirm correct location of condenser and radiator fan. And are my fans reversed...or am I losing my mind? Thanks!?
Old 05-18-2021, 08:26 PM
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Thank you

Thanks for the reply.