Check keyless entry system!

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2017, 03:27 PM
10th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Check keyless entry system!

I've got a 2007 RL...just had a bunch of random stuff done at our local shop...timing belt, water pump, brakes, etc. I mentioned to the mechanic that the passenger door stopped working from the inside...meaning, the person sitting in the passenger seat had to roll the window down to open the door from the outside. He said no problem, I'll fix it...and he did...however, after I got about 2 miles from the shop...the light "Check Keyless Entry System" popped up and won't go away. I've done a search on here and online and from what I've read...that pops up when there is a problem with the locking or unlocking of the car. My keyless entry works fine, panic button works fine, the touch sensors all work great??? Any ideas...the mechanic wants me to bring it back and pay for more wrench hours to fix it...for all I know they caused it so I'm out on that shit Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Old 11-04-2017, 05:22 PM

Received 612 Likes on 490 Posts
Does the keyless entry work from the passenger/affected door? Sounds like he might have forgotten to plug back in the door handle on that side...
Old 11-04-2017, 05:53 PM
10th Gear

Yes all doors work .
Old 11-05-2017, 06:08 PM

Received 612 Likes on 490 Posts
I’d pop off the door panel and see what’s going on... Bad or loose connection somewhere might be a possibility
Old 11-06-2017, 06:31 PM
10th Gear

I took off that door panel...didn't see anything out of the ordinary. Everything appeared to be attached. There is one thing though...not sure if its relevant. The doors handles were painted...not from me, but the previous owner and there was a little bit of over spray on the chrome of the handle...my detail guy used a plastic scraper to get that access off the chrome. Could that have anything at all to do with it?