Celestial or Lakeshore Silver? Pics?

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2005, 11:14 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Celestial or Lakeshore Silver? Pics?

I know I want black leather, and one of those two colors...
I've seen all the photos on the websites, and in all the reviews out there...

I know there SHOULD BE photos of these colors in the sticky thread, but they do not display. Can someone post or re-post photos of their cars, in those two Celestial Silver & Lakeshore Silver) colors? Any owner opinions after owning those colors?

Thanks!!!

Randy
Old 04-07-2005, 06:26 PM
Minnesota RLer

Lakeshore is my choice

I picked Lakeshore Silver for the main reason that the chrome accents stand out more against the darker Silver color. Also, I picked the Taupe leather. Great combo in my opinion.
Old 04-07-2005, 08:56 PM
IVY LEAGUE

Neither black on black...
Old 04-07-2005, 09:23 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 66 Likes on 45 Posts
I agree that the chrome accents contrast nicely against the darker colors. I guess it depends on where you keep your car and how much dirt you can tolerate.
Old 04-08-2005, 12:38 PM
8-)
...just another stooge...

You really need to see the cars/colors in person. Pictures just don't do them justice. Even the paint chips in the brochure shouldn't be relied upon.

I am very happy with the Lakeshore. But since I don't want everyone driving a Lakeshore RL, please buy the Celestial. :wink:
Old 04-08-2005, 05:00 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by RandyChicago
I know I want black leather, and one of those two colors...
I've seen all the photos on the websites, and in all the reviews out there...

I know there SHOULD BE photos of these colors in the sticky thread, but they do not display. Can someone post or re-post photos of their cars, in those two Celestial Silver & Lakeshore Silver) colors? Any owner opinions after owning those colors?

Thanks!!!

Randy
I'll post some pictures as soon as I get the car washed. I have the Celestial Silver, black interior. Love the color, my dealer tells me that it is most asked for in my area. Funny though, the color is supposed to be in the "Metallic" category, but I get a lot of comments that it looks more like a Pearl finish. Be the first to admit that I know squat about paints, it just looks good to me..
Old 04-08-2005, 09:17 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Marcusholm
I picked Lakeshore Silver for the main reason that the chrome accents stand out more against the darker Silver color. Also, I picked the Taupe leather. Great combo in my opinion.
I have Lakeshore on Ebony Leather. Beautiful combo. I saw a silver one on the highway the other day and it looked pretty nice too.
Old 04-08-2005, 11:31 PM
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Both are nice; celestial seems a bit more lux, lakeshore a bit more sport to me. You choose. Have to agree with 8-) who recommended you see in person. Shouldn't be too hard to compare as they have both at my dealer now. Must be eight RLs in stock at my dealer. Just drive on down to your dealer and check it out. My .02
Old 04-13-2005, 12:59 AM
Instructor

C'mon folks, where are the postings of more photos?

Randy
Old 04-13-2005, 04:05 PM
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Sorry I never took pics of mine when I had it, but I thought the Celestial Silver was the most beautiful silver offered by any manufacturer. It is a warmer silver than most, yet it looks almost white in certain light because of the amount of metal flake in the paint. I have also seen Lakeshore Silver RL's in person and they are equally striking, especially in direct sunlight. I chose Celestial Silver because I thought it made the car look a bit bigger.

IMHO, the RL has the best exterior finish of any automobile in its class. When I went to test drive a GS430 (before buying the M) the Lexus salesman even remarked on how beautiful the metal flake finish was. Hard to go wrong with either color.
Old 04-18-2005, 10:51 AM
Instructor

Lakeshore = purple?

Ok, so I've noticed occassionally that the Lakeshore can have a purple glow at times, under certain indirect lighting. Has anyone else noticed that? Heck, the dealer even said "nah, you won't like it after you buy it, you'll keep noticing the purple tones." Also, this past weekend, I struck-up a conversation with a woman getting into a Celestial Silver RL, and she told me (without me mentioning color) that she picked Celestial over Lakeshore because "Lakeshore was too lilac colored." What are the thoughts out there of those of you driving Lakeshore RLs, and those of you who have considered them?

Randy
Old 04-18-2005, 03:13 PM
2006 RL Carbon Gray/Ebony

Ok, so I've noticed occassionally that the Lakeshore can have a purple glow at times, under certain indirect lighting. Has anyone else noticed that? Heck, the dealer even said "nah, you won't like it after you buy it, you'll keep noticing the purple tones." Also, this past weekend, I struck-up a conversation with a woman getting into a Celestial Silver RL, and she told me (without me mentioning color) that she picked Celestial over Lakeshore because "Lakeshore was too lilac colored." What are the thoughts out there of those of you driving Lakeshore RLs, and those of you who have considered them?

Randy

I was very interested in Lakeshore when the RLs first came out based on the color chip in the brochure. However, when I looked at them on the lot, I noticed what to me seemed to be a slight tinge of purple right away. Thinking it was just dirt or the light, I went back several weeks later and had the same impression - just not for me.

The choice for me was then Celestial Silver or Carbon Gray. Since I had owned a Laguna Green TL for almost six years, the time was right for me to go with a darker color and I bought the Carbon Gray and I'm very pleased with it (although there are days I would trade it for the Celestial Silver). I view the Carbon as a bit more formal and the Celestial as looking somewhat more sporty.

As others have suggested, there is no way to choose unless you see them in person and then, the car should be detailed and not covered with the protective coating. Many of these metallics are deceiving and are embedded with flecks of other colors. For example, the Carbon Gray in direct sunlight will show very noticeable flecks of blue and green, while in the shade no other colors are evident.

Bottom line, it's all personal preference. All I would suggest is to get a real good luck at it cleaned up and in different lights before deciding.
Old 04-18-2005, 03:23 PM
Minnesota RLer

lakeshore, purple?

I have Lakeshore w/Taupe. I feel it is more of a unique color--maybe a slight touch of the purple tones. I'm very happy w/my choice. I am putting the A-Spec package on. Hope it is worth it.
Old 04-19-2005, 09:53 PM
Intermediate

Randy
Hmm, maybe so. It is more metallic gray to me but I love Lakeshore color nonetheless. RL's paint job is peerless in my opinion. It practically gleams. I've seen black, celestial so far on the road.