Car has completely shut me out, possible immobilizer issue?

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2018, 03:02 PM
Photovideographer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car has completely shut me out, possible immobilizer issue?

Hey guys,

Coming out of work the other night my car wouldn't unlock or respond to the key fob, so I had to use the manual key. Tried to turn the car on, but the steering wheel was locked and I could not even get it into accessory to try and start the car. I thought it was a possible battery issue, I had replaced the battery back in January but tested it anyways and pulled a 13v. Replaced the key fob battery a few months ago as well. I'm thinking it's a possible security issue? Kind of lost of where to go with it from here.

Thought it was very strange that my car had completely shut me out and having this kind of problem out of nowhere, i've had zero previous issues leading up to this.
Old 05-05-2018, 05:16 PM
Racer

Received 96 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by Vilex
Hey guys,

Coming out of work the other night my car wouldn't unlock or respond to the key fob, so I had to use the manual key. Tried to turn the car on, but the steering wheel was locked and I could not even get it into accessory to try and start the car. I thought it was a possible battery issue, I had replaced the battery back in January but tested it anyways and pulled a 13v. Replaced the key fob battery a few months ago as well. I'm thinking it's a possible security issue? Kind of lost of where to go with it from here.

Thought it was very strange that my car had completely shut me out and having this kind of problem out of nowhere, i've had zero previous issues leading up to this.
Steering wheel gets locked (in most cars) if you try to move it without key in ACC or IGN. So move the steering little to left or right then turn the ignition key. If immobilizer is activated the car will try to start but will start briefly and then stall or not start at all and usually you can see the green immobilizer symbol in instrument cluster

Last edited by deepa1600; 05-05-2018 at 05:19 PM.
Old 05-05-2018, 06:35 PM
Photovideographer

Originally Posted by deepa1600
Steering wheel gets locked (in most cars) if you try to move it without key in ACC or IGN. So move the steering little to left or right then turn the ignition key. If immobilizer is activated the car will try to start but will start briefly and then stall or not start at all and usually you can see the green immobilizer symbol in instrument cluster
I have tried to unlock it. I've tried wiggling the push start key and yank the steering wheel for minutes with no luck :/
Old 05-07-2018, 06:34 PM
Photovideographer

Figured it out, kind of. It's a possible anti theft issue. But I don't know how to reset it. When I take the push to turn knob off with the key fob key and insert it manually into the ignition, it will turn into the on position, but the alarm goes off and car will not start because of so.

Anyone know how to disable or reset this?
Old 05-08-2018, 10:06 AM
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Hi Vilex,

Quit stealing cars.... LOL JK!

Did you happen to get a new cell phone? I know the cell phones can truly wreak havoc on the FOB and Immobilizer system function.

Maybe try leaving your phone off / in the house to see if that helps. Otherwise, a trip to the dealer will be in store for you.

Cheers!
Old 05-08-2018, 01:26 PM
Photovideographer

Originally Posted by theShaft
Hi Vilex,

Quit stealing cars.... LOL JK!

Did you happen to get a new cell phone? I know the cell phones can truly wreak havoc on the FOB and Immobilizer system function.

Maybe try leaving your phone off / in the house to see if that helps. Otherwise, a trip to the dealer will be in store for you.

Cheers!
Lol No new cell phone. I'll try. That is what I'm afriad I might have to do
Old 05-09-2018, 12:59 PM
Intermediate

Check the TSB at this link - hopefully this is it!

http://techinfo.honda.com/Rjanisis/pubs/SN/AH/B14100E/enu/B14100E.PDF

Cheers
Old 05-19-2018, 04:12 PM
Photovideographer

Check the TSB at this link - hopefully this is it!

http://techinfo.honda.com/Rjanisis/pubs/SN/AH/B14100E/enu/B14100E.PDF

Cheers
Thanks for that, but the RL is a little different since it's not an actual push button start.

Update on the car. The dealer replaced the driver side door handle sensor thinking it would fix the issue, it did not. Now i'm out $600 and the car still doesn't let me start it. Now they're tossing around other possible ideas that MIGHT fix it. I'm not trying to throw parts and money on a maybe and end up with a $2500 bill after it's all said and done. Very frustrating. Hopefully someone can chime in and help source the issue. A little sad the techs don't even really know how to deal with it.
Old 05-19-2018, 06:07 PM
Intermediate

OK, Check this recent link then and you'll need both keys.

Send me a PM >

https://acurazine.com/forums/second-...lights-969846/
The following users liked this post:
Vilex (05-21-2018)
Old 05-20-2018, 07:38 PM
Photovideographer

OK, Check this recent link then and you'll need both keys.

Send me a PM >

https://acurazine.com/forums/second-...lights-969846/
Thanks! I will go to the dealer tomorrow and give it a shot. Sounds like the exact same issue I've been having! Hopefully I can work some stuff out with them and not have them charge me such a rediculous amount of money and not even getting my car fixed. I shall report back!
Old 05-21-2018, 05:01 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 122 Likes on 99 Posts
Did dealer make you pay $600 since it didn’t fix the issue? That should not be the case. Wondering if there is an issue with the ignition switch.