A/C service, symptoms, yay or nay?

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2017, 03:31 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 259 Likes on 183 Posts
A/C service, symptoms, yay or nay?

My AC has been working since I got the car in 2011 and it still works just fine, however I noticed that cold air is bit weak when compared with my wife's '13 TL tech.
I get it, newer car, etc. but wanted to get AC service done on RL just to make sure all is squared away, but dealer immediately asked "is it not cooling?" When I explain, they advised on three different dealers I should do the service if it's not cooling, which is BS I think because what is the service then if not sort of ki d of checking system is properly charged and it works good...
Also, is it possible freon is too old, and if AC service was never done to be the reason why cooling is weaker?

I currently have 155k on my RL...

Thanks all!
Old 08-26-2017, 05:26 PM

Received 612 Likes on 490 Posts
I went to libertyville Acura with the exact complaint of "my car's A/C isn't cooling as quickly as it used to on hot days". It was a pretty penny for something I honestly could have outsourced to a local shop that knew what they were doing, or I could have done it using the gauges and some R134. I was chatting with the service advisor and they have their a/c service which is essentially drawing out the r134 and charging it to system specs. I remember they said at the time the system capacity was 0.7 lbs and factory spec is 1.1 lbs. I think it's worth looking into!! My car had about half your miles at the time...
The following users liked this post:
rlx015 (08-28-2017)
Old 08-27-2017, 11:43 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,687 Likes on 1,303 Posts
I did recharged my A/C in 2015 on my TL-S (1st charge since new) since it does not blow cold air and the dealer did that they also confirm there is no leakage in the system. My RL got recharge the same time because the previous owner work for the dealer. My Base TL doesn't blow cold as my RL and TL-S and when the next oil change I will have them charge the system.