Bumper removal CMBS Cold Air Intake etc...

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2017, 01:17 PM
Cruisin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile Bumper removal CMBS Cold Air Intake etc...

First, I want to thank everyone for their informative posts and problem solving skills. I have a 06 RL Tech Black Pearl with 117k that I have had 7-8 years. I have minimal mechanic skills and am attempting to remove my front bumper, install new HID kit ballast and bulbs, install a Cosmo Racing cold air intake, and install new front bumper chrome molding and the chrome badge that sits below the grill. Assuming the bumper comes off ok, will I have any other difficulties disconnecting the CMBS or will it come down with the bumper? Can a guy with minimal skills pull this off? I bought the trim removal kit and extra bumper clips. Im hoping by installing the CAI I wont be screwing up my CA emissions/smog.

115k Drilled/slotted rotors front and back, new pads.
112k New Continental Extreme Contact tires
105k Timing belt, tensioner, water pump, belts, thermostat, spark plugs replaced
100k Two front seats reupholstered
95k Front drivers side window regulator, replaced front shocks.
80k Glove box replaced, because of the stupid bubbling!

Ive done the front/rear brakes, front rotors, oil, BATTERIES, fluids, air/cabin filters, etc regularly. I plan on also replacing the alternator in the next couple weeks.

Really do appreciate your guys feedback, Thanks again!
Old 06-06-2017, 07:54 AM
Pro

Received 76 Likes on 52 Posts
easy job. first take off the engine covers (2 sides and the main one that covers the grill. Then remove the grill (couple of clips), then remove the bumper. should take no more than 20 min and thats being generous. The CMBS doesn't need to come off and I dont think you really want to take it off and risk potential problems with that technology.