Bluetoothers - How to dial from Address Book

Old 02-16-2005, 11:12 PM
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Bluetoothers - How to dial from Address Book

So I finally got my Cingular GSM Treo 650 and following these instructions from Robotron (who apparently has the MDX) I got my phone to pair successfully:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://discuss.treocentral.com/showt...ighlight=acura
1) Initiate HLF, Say Phone Setup ,Pair
2) Provide 1,2,3,4 as code, confirm with Yes
3) On The Treo I then select Setup Devices and Handsfree Link shows up as a Nearby Device
4) I select it and then OK - I am then prompted for the 4 digit code.
5) I enter it and when I press done two things happen
A) The MDX says it has found the phone
B) When you Done on the 650, a message flashes by saying Disconnected and then the SUccess Message on the Treo.
6) You then need to go the main phone screen - push the Green phone button - at that point the bluetoth icon has the white background indicating successful a connection and the car HFL display also shows success.
All is good after that and the phone and car find each other repeatedly no problem.
The step that is vital is going to the main phone screen AFTER Done in the BT screen- step 6. IF YOU SATY IN BT screens you will get the flashing BT icon and NO connection.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now, my question for you bluetoothers is ... can you make calls from the Address book? Mine has the calling option grayed-out.

P.S. I tried the Phone Book briefly on the HFL but didn't work too well. I programmed a few names and numbers in (will hold 50 if you can remember that many voice prompts ) but the darn thing can't understand me when I speak back the names to call. That is why I would prefer to use the address book to make the calls since the number would be right there to call.

Thanks for your help.
Old 02-17-2005, 12:36 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 86 Likes on 30 Posts
Practice...

If you try to dial out from Address Book of the car's HFL, you could. However, if you try to dial out from Address book of your mobile phone, you have to use your mobile phone to dial and trasfer to HFL.

If you try to use HFL's phone book and Peter Goldman is already input, you may say: "call", "Peter Goldman", "yes".

or

"call Peter Goldman", yes". RL's HFL recogniztion system

Another suggestion: if you need more replies, you may try to re-post your question in 3GTL's Bluetooth sub-forum, I'm sure ppl there will try to help you out.

The Navi's voice recognition system is much better than HFL's. 05RL has equipped IBM system for Navi which is more accurate than 3GTL's. However, HFL system sucks.

frebay was saying he coudl sync his phone book via bluetooth... what it meant
Old 02-17-2005, 03:57 PM
Pro

Received 109 Likes on 70 Posts
I think Frebay was saying that he had the option to select the entire phone book to sync via bluetooth. Instead of adding them manually like we do in the RL, he can select the option to wireslessly sync via bluetooth in the GS. So, if he were to add someone to my address book them all he has to do is re-sync his address book to the GS and voila, all updates are done wirelessly. This is a cool feature if you ask me.
Old 02-17-2005, 04:36 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 86 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by Hou-RL
I think Frebay was saying that he had the option to select the entire phone book to sync via bluetooth. Instead of adding them manually like we do in the RL, he can select the option to wireslessly sync via bluetooth in the GS. So, if he were to add someone to my address book them all he has to do is re-sync his address book to the GS and voila, all updates are done wirelessly. This is a cool feature if you ask me.
Totally Hou-RL

I was thinking of this feature while seeing the idea of HFL via Bluetooth in Day 1. However, Acura HFL ver 1.0 doesn't have this.

Also, finally I got his confirmation.
Originally Posted by frebay
i can sync the ENTIRE phone book from my phone to my car. So all the phone numbers in my phone are on my car.
Old 02-17-2005, 10:12 PM
Racer

Thanks rets, great posts and appreciate your input. I will look into the bluetooth thread. Overall, I have successfully paired, made, and received calls with my Treo 650 (with its purported problems) so am very happy overall.

What I don't get is why the CALL (with the little picture of the phone off-hook) section in the Address Book or Address is still grayed out when I have successfully paired a HFL Bluetooth phone?
Old 04-28-2005, 06:33 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I successfully linked my Congular Treo 650 to HFL yesterday. I downloaded the PalmOne patch and then did the pairing. However, my CALL buttons on Address Book are still grayed out when the phone is paired??? Any further suggestions??
Old 05-10-2005, 07:42 PM
Racer

pek01,

My long story: I went to my dealer. He asked which phone I had and so I had to answer that it was the Treo 650 and that I knew it wasn't on the approved HFL RL list. However, I persisted and just asked him if he could pair an approved phone and show me how to get the CALL from being "grayed out". He went and got the owner's phone and successfully paired AND the CALL was no longer grayed. So, then I tried mine and, guess what?...it worked too.

I don't know why this worked (perhaps some HFL code in his approved phone). I would suggest you do the same. Also, don't "unlink" the approved phone from the system as I tried that too and had to link it back in to get the CALLs to work. Hope this helps. I am having no issues with the Treo 650 HFL for past 2 months.

Legendguy
Old 05-11-2005, 11:20 AM
Intermediate

Thanks Legendguy. I am going to try what you did and see what happens. I have a Razr that was my favorite phone and paired correctly. Now that I have the Treo which is GREAT, I will see if I can get the system to do what your dealer did for you.
Old 05-14-2005, 08:04 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by pek01
Thanks Legendguy. I am going to try what you did and see what happens. I have a Razr that was my favorite phone and paired correctly. Now that I have the Treo which is GREAT, I will see if I can get the system to do what your dealer did for you.
From your post it appears that the Razr paired successfullu, yes. ?

The Razr is not on the approved list either.
Old 05-15-2005, 12:12 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by medrxman
From your post it appears that the Razr paired successfullu, yes. ?

The Razr is not on the approved list either.
Have you checked the list lately? The V3 is on it.
Old 05-16-2005, 10:40 AM
Intermediate

The Razr did in fact link up, but, the AcuraLink connection never worked. It would hang up on the Bluetooth connection as soon as it tried to connect. Thus, shutting Bluetooth down.