Another '05 A/C thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2018, 03:09 PM
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Another '05 A/C thread

I bought my '05 in 2016 with a known failed A/C and as such I got it for a great price with 82K miles. Based upon the info on this forum, I went ahead and did some diagnostics and confirmed that the compressor field coil/stator was dead. I replaced the field coil/ stator with a genuine article from an online Acura dealer. This cured the problem for about 14 months but the field coil appears to have failed again. I was wondering if anyone else had failed more than just their original field coil or if this is an ongoing issue?

I think this time around, I will just replace the whole compressor and hopefully be done with it. I know that the Denso unit is supposedly the original factory equipment, but has anyone had good results with anything cheaper?
Old 07-14-2018, 10:16 PM
10th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
It's certainly possible it failed again. Did you install a genuine Acura coil, or aftermarket? Do you have voltage to the coil with the A/C switched on?

As far as replacing the compressor goes, you get you pay for. I refuse to install any aftermarket compressors anymore. Been burned too many times. I seriously can't tell you how many bad ones I've had right out of the box before even getting the car out of the shop. "4 Seasons"... avoid that garbage like the plague!
Old 07-17-2018, 12:42 PM
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Lethal240SX93
It's certainly possible it failed again. Did you install a genuine Acura coil, or aftermarket? Do you have voltage to the coil with the A/C switched on?

As far as replacing the compressor goes, you get you pay for. I refuse to install any aftermarket compressors anymore. Been burned too many times. I seriously can't tell you how many bad ones I've had right out of the box before even getting the car out of the shop. "4 Seasons"... avoid that garbage like the plague!
Yes, it was a genuine Acura part from a dealership. Okay, I appreciate the input, Denso it is.