Acura Client Services- Disappointing Service

Old 07-30-2008, 04:27 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Acura Client Services- Disappointing Service

So I was on the My Acura site and noticed that my Acura Link messages were not turned on for my 2005 RL. It said to call ACS to activate. I did so and the young lady told me that the reason it was not activated was because I did not have navigation on my car. I told her I did and that all 05s had navigation. She was not sure about that and needed to look into it. This is scary when the manufacturer does not know or train its reps on the cars clients will be calling in about. Makes you sit there and go hmmmmm.

I need to wait while they research my issue.
Old 07-30-2008, 04:40 PM
Pro

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
I ran into the same issue when I tried to get my Acura link messaging turned on. The first rep changed my password ...I still haven't figured that one out yet. And also told me the link had to be fixed through the dealer.

As I learned a little more and saw thru the BS, I called Client Services back and talked to a knowledgable rep. He activated the system in less than 5 minutes. Not a good way to run a business, but if you call back a few times you may get lucky and get someone who knows what they're talking about.
Old 07-30-2008, 05:15 PM
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yah, I've had to call client services 4 times to reactive the messaging for my two vehicles .. what a joke ... when they migrated to the new 'owner link' website, they disabled all my messaging. I went off on them the last time telling them that their telematics was a joke .. their website was the most horrible site i've ever seen and the fact that I have to make a phone call to enable messaging was laughable. Seems that Acura's telematics are being designed by the same idiot that has done the front ends of their new models
Old 07-30-2008, 07:27 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 122 Likes on 99 Posts
Apparently mine wasn't turned on either (got my car in May). I called customer service and got right through to someone who turned it on for me, no problems.
Old 07-31-2008, 08:49 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dealing with Acura CS is bar none one of the biggest wastes of time. Every time I have had an issue with the dealer here in the Bay Area, they would tell me to contact Acura Client Services, only to find out that 100% of the time they couldn't help my situation. In all these cases, I had to change dealers to fix the problem.