AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   2G RL (2005-2012) (https://acurazine.com/forums/2g-rl-2005-2012-76/)
-   -   2006 RL no crank (https://acurazine.com/forums/2g-rl-2005-2012-76/2006-rl-no-crank-977943/)

kjappraisals01 03-14-2019 11:23 AM

2006 RL no crank

Please help. I was driving my 06 RL about 30 miles, stopped to get a drink, restarted and drove maybe a 1/2 mile to a mile and then the car died and wouldn't restart. Put it in park and tried to restart, no click, nothing. It would not come back out of park. Green key light flashing, I had my wife bring me the other fob and no luck. I had it towed home. All the pertinent fuses are good. I pulled the key cover off and used both steel keys from the fobs. no luck. When I turn the key I get Welcome driver 1 or 2. and the tilt tele wheel goes in and out. I have moved the steering wheel in and out and removed the shrouds around it and cant find any broken wires. I have all dash lights, nav, radio. everthing except the gear selector light. Thank you for anyone that can help.

thoiboi 03-14-2019 11:29 AM

Have you tried replacing the battery?

Check the terminals and make sure there's no corrosion as well.

Dzik420 03-14-2019 11:49 AM

^^^ check your battery terminals and make sure they aren't corroded. How old is the battery? If you have a volt reader check to make sure its charged all the way.

Also try disconnecting the negative lead from the battery and let it sit for a few minutes.

kjappraisals01 03-14-2019 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by Dzik420 (Post 16397940)
^^^ check your battery terminals and make sure they aren't corroded. How old is the battery? If you have a volt reader check to make sure its charged all the way.

Also try disconnecting the negative lead from the battery and let it sit for a few minutes.

I had it on a battery charger and checked voltage, all is good. I will try to disconnect the battery for a few minutes

kjappraisals01 03-14-2019 04:19 PM

Disconnected battery, that didn't work. Still have green key flashing light. but both remotes lock and unlock and panic.

NBP04TL4ME 03-14-2019 05:24 PM

The flashing green key light makes me think it's a security issue. Perhaps try and replace the battery in the key fob? Maybe try and unlink and then relink the fob to the car? I know you said your wife brought the other fob to you and that didn't work. Perhaps both fob batteries are low? Do you have a new or different phone charger in your car? Some have been known to interfere with the key fob and the security system. Just a couple of thoughts.

https://acurazine.com/forums/second-...tected-756586/

Dzik420 03-15-2019 09:49 AM

To start the car with the actual key you can pop off the piece that you twist to start the car and there is a key slot under there. You can use the key to pop it off. If it starts that'll atleast get you driving for now. If it does start with the key then its probably something with the fob.

kjappraisals01 03-15-2019 11:11 AM

I tried to start with and without the steel keys. no go. Also I checked the two fuses under the dash at the base of the steering column, the manual says that one is starter signal the other one is starter diagnostic. I have power at one but not the other. I cannot tell which one is which.

theShaft 03-18-2019 04:22 PM

Have you checked that the car is indeed in park. Maybe try moving the gear selector to neutral and attempt a start. Could be the gear position sensor?

If you have power, radio, etc then I would look to the gear selector. If it was immobilized, it should flash that on the dash.

Other thought would be one be one of the door handles is messing you up but that typically shows different issues ( no power, lights and complete lockout).

keep us informed!

NBP04TL4ME 03-18-2019 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by theShaft (Post 16399938)
Have you checked that the car is indeed in park. Maybe try moving the gear selector to neutral and attempt a start. Could be the gear position sensor?

Not a bad idea and OP could try it but the fact that the he has the flashing green key light still leads me to believe it's a security / immobilizer / communication issue.

theShaft 03-28-2019 02:30 PM

Did the OP resolve this issue?

Would be nice for him to share the final outcome so others may benefit from the knowledge.

Cheers!

kjappraisals01 09-25-2019 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by theShaft (Post 16404529)
Did the OP resolve this issue?

Would be nice for him to share the final outcome so others may benefit from the knowledge.

Cheers!

Sorry I haven't replied earlier, I towed it to a shop and they had it for 4 months, cant fix it. They replaced pcm, door sensor, immobilizer, no crank at all. I dont want to go to dealer for reprogramming until I at least get it to crank. Thanks if anyone can help