AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   2G RL (2005-2012) (https://acurazine.com/forums/2g-rl-2005-2012-76/)
-   -   2005 KB1 has power but won't start (https://acurazine.com/forums/2g-rl-2005-2012-76/2005-kb1-has-power-but-wont-start-979021/)

vtecinside69 04-24-2019 10:57 AM

2005 KB1 has power but won't start

Hello:

Looking for help here. I was trying to get the codes for my air bag. Recently it comes on as well as the DVD error on the navi system but that's a different story. So, since my OBD 2 reader wont tell me this codes, you know that by jumping the #4 and #9 on the OBD port, you get the codes. I've done this millions of times but yesterday I missed the #4 hole and accidentally plugged it into the one to the right of #4 which I think is #3. I've seen that if this happens, your main engine fuse will go out. WELL, I checked all 5 fuse boxes and all of them are good. I bought new relays for the starter cut off relay and the regular relay and nothing (waste of money). OBD won't read either. I can't figure out what else can be wrong with the car. Again, I have power but won't start. Maybe I'm missing a fuse or a relay. I really need help for this since the car is at my work parking lot and I can't keep the car here for long. Towing wants to charge me $25 for every floor they move the car since its on a multi level parking and my car is at the 6th floor...do the math! . HELP!

justnspace 04-24-2019 11:55 AM

you're gonna have to use a multimeter to find continuity. or lack thereof.

you shorted something out. gotta find it with the multimeter.

There is a fuse box in the engine bay with a fuse labled "ECU" check it.

vtecinside69 04-24-2019 12:16 PM

I already checked all fuses with a tester. All are good. I checked all 5 fuses boxes. All fuses and relay are good. I know I shorted something but can’t seem to figure out what when everything looks good.

vtecinside69 04-24-2019 12:26 PM

Hey justnspace....thanks man.

Well shame on me. The fuse of the ECU under the hood was the one! I guess I have to change my tester then hahaha...🤦🏻♂️ Car starts now! I was losing my mind yesterday. I guess from now on I’ll check with tester and take out to double check hahaha.

CASE SOLVED!

justnspace 04-24-2019 01:17 PM

i had the same EXACT problem.

i fucked with my OBDII port to add hondata, which requires to re-pin the ground and power. I did all of this while the battery was connected. (my fault, should have disconnected the battery first)
same exact thing happened, I shorted something out...but quickly looking at fuses came back ALL GOOD.
everything had 12 volts, but still car would not start.

I did the same as you, believing that ALL the fuses were good. without actually checking. my car was broken for at least a week. in my driveway. :rofl:

I pulled EVERY fuse and it ended up being that ECU one.
Glad I could help

justnspace 04-24-2019 01:23 PM

the way the fuses work, they hold power....so you're supposed to discharge them, then search with multimeter/tester.
in my case, i physically pulled every fuse in the car looking for a bad fuse

vtecinside69 04-24-2019 02:38 PM

I really appreciate the help. This happened to me yesterday. My wife and I work at the same place. I was off yesterday but I needed something from her car so I came to work to get it. After I got what I needed I told myself that I needed to pull the airbag code so I went on with it. Then shit hit the fan. I always carry a bag of tools to include a tester. I started to test everything and all fuses came up good. So I was going crazy. Without a clear mind, I guess I forgot to pull every fuse and double check. Not to mention that I had to leave the car overnight at work. Nonetheless, thank you much! :butthead: